Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

The photos that released yesterday have me actually wanting a pair of Jordans for the first time in a few years. Since my epiphany back in mid 2020, I have no urge to buy stuff that I don't need. Heck, I with the exception of the 3 OG color Huaraches (screams, Aquatones, Magentas) I haven't bought anything in several years! And truthfully, I don't want to. My collecting days are over! But these....these hit me.

Seeing that I still have my 1994 Retro 2s in really great, albeit unwearable condition (leather is great, midsole is all cracked as I wore them so sparingly but I did wear them to the Jordan Brand Jumpman Truck on South St in Philly many years ago) and I still have the box and the original retro card, these are going to be the first Jordan I bought in years! As an old head (45 going on 46 in a few months) my collecting days are done and am getting rid of 95% of my shoes. But I said to myself I would buy something IF it was special. And I've already told @Nelson C on IG that these to me are special. 🔥🔥

But let's be honest, I'm already expecting that L and I won't go overboard trying for them. If they are available, great. If not, so be it. All the Hypebeasts and IG influencers looking for "likes" and the resellers looking for that $30 flip, do us old heads and OG sneakerheads a BIG favor and stay away from these! I'm sure there will be some Dunk or some Yeezy you can snatch up but leave these to us old heads and true sneakerheads (you know who you are 👍👍).
You'll get your pair don't worry. As a genuine sneaker enthusiast unfortunately born from of one of the hypebeast generations (born 2000) I'm almost certain that no one around my age will really be into these unless they're just buying em solely because these are Jordan's and nothing more. I think these will be easy to get. The 2 has always been a sleeper unless it's a collab or something.

3E0030FB-1A2C-46ED-8053-A736AE106884.jpeg

🔥🔥🔥

Besides the possible lace hold thing, why? Just curious. They look okay here to me.
To me among other things they still look like mids. The toe is clunky.

But... it's just one pic and one sample I admit

We gotta continue to hold JB accountable for replicating the original shoe that THEY created and built. Some of this is just comedy at this point in 2022.

2004 size 10.5 from my shoe room. 3 Tabs. The leather ain’t nothing special. Already sold off to make room. For me, the new release is a step up not having the piping alone. Hopefully the leather is close to navy 6 soft.

Attachments

• 1D98B909-1868-4D1E-8967-F5C0D54B6E62.jpeg
    1D98B909-1868-4D1E-8967-F5C0D54B6E62.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 137
  • 23739299-1751-41CC-BE79-4F7DF2E6A896.jpeg
    23739299-1751-41CC-BE79-4F7DF2E6A896.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 393
Back
Top Bottom