Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

It looks like the release date is now October 22, 2022 for these.

There are photos of the originals worn by Michael Jordan if you scroll through this one.

It looks like the release date is now October 22, 2022 for these.

There are photos of the originals worn by Michael Jordan if you scroll through this one.

It's gonna be a real busy week for me :smokinhopefully I'm lucky enough to cop these and the reimagined chicago's

20220329_161824.jpg

I love the II but they are too plain (for me) without the piping to pay $160+. These are a pass. My lows from a few years back with piping are still good.

Saw an article today in GQ and it stated the original 2 molds were STOLEN in the 90s? Am I having brain fog here? (probably)
“Everything changed when, in 1994, someone stole the mould of the shoe. Nike had to cut the shoe open to reissue it that year and again in 2004. That open-heart surgery triggered something similar to Tutankhamun's curse, because from that moment on the Air Jordan 2 stopped selling, while the Air Jordan 1 continued flying.”

I’m gonna go with BS on this. Someone stole “the mould”? As if there’s a single mould that makes every shoe in every size? And if it was stolen in 94 then they’d have had to reverse engineer the shoe and manufacture it all that same year for the shoe to release in 95.

Been waiting for these since I was in high school when they released. I copped the black in whites in 2010 before the candy can pack them the white and reds from some yrs back but sold both white bottom kills shoes for me. May be in the minority but I prefer the black piping on the lining on retros over ogs but either way I'm buying been away from sneakers since banned 1s ogs here I come cardinals too 💯

“Everything changed when, in 1994, someone stole the mould of the shoe. Nike had to cut the shoe open to reissue it that year and again in 2004. That open-heart surgery triggered something similar to Tutankhamun's curse, because from that moment on the Air Jordan 2 stopped selling, while the Air Jordan 1 continued flying.”

I’m gonna go with BS on this. Someone stole “the mould”? As if there’s a single mould that makes every shoe in every size? And if it was stolen in 94 then they’d have had to reverse engineer the shoe and manufacture it all that same year for the shoe to release in 95.
Never bought the stolen mold bit. I would be more willing to believe they were lost or simply thrown out by certain factories believing they were not needed again. ? . Nike may not replicate certain materials from that period of time, but they can replicate shapes. I will not believe otherwise. They choose not to. Just like WE choose to still buy.

Saw an article today in GQ and it stated the original 2 molds were STOLEN in the 90s? Am I having brain fog here? (probably)
Stolen?? Last time I checked the original molds were destroyed in a fire lol. I read that in an article in a sneaker blog years ago, forgot where it came from :lol:

That’s like hoping to get struck by lightning

Well then I hope I'd be THAT lucky lol

I also like the bit about how “release after release” the 2 outsold the 1. Does the writer mean the 2 overall outsold the 1 back in the 80s? I guess I could believe that; I’ve no idea what the sales figures were like between the two. All I know is that not once has anyone (in terms of the masses) really ever cared about a 2 release. All the hypefools suddenly just SOOOOO into these are probably the same morons paying $1K today for those Omega X Swatch Speedmasters that are barely worth their $260 MSRP 🤣

Last edited:
04's not yet ready to retire even though I need that double up in October
20220329_230323.jpg
20220329_230924.jpg
I had driven into Chicago from Metro Detroit that weekend to hang out with my boy who was living there for law school. Was at Niketown on release day and passed for some reason. Always regretted that one. It may have been the piping. I’ve always had mixed feelings about it. On paper it seems better to me than without it, as the OG version has a LOT of unbroken-up white space. But then every release that has it has just seemed off somehow when I’ve held them in person.

Back
Top Bottom