Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

Absolutely. Still a fire retro tho. I'm still just glad they released these at all. They always leave room for something better down the line tho. Hopefully quality will pick up next release. And hopefully we won't have to wait as long for it to come around again.
You’re definitely going to be waiting at least 10+ years minimum for these to come back. No doubt about that. I’m not sure what’s not to like about this current re-issue. Materials aren’t the best but they’re far from the worst. Other than that, this is about as solid of a Chicago 2 release anyone could’ve hoped for. Overall build/shape is solid, OG details, no piping, OG box and pamphlet etc. To be a fan of this model and pass on this version would be a huge mistake, if not just plain asinine IMO.

FTL pair landed. Completing the essential trifecta of 2022. :pimp:
IMG_20230108_130645921.jpg
Jordan Brand really knocked the Fire Red 3’s, Chicago 2’s, and Cardinal 7’s out the park.

Can’t say the same about the lost & founds 1’s. Too gimmicky and the shape is lackadaisical. Their proportions are off like they’re in between a mid and a high top.

I'm still kicking myself for thinking these released on a Saturday and not Friday. I've been waiting for these since they got announced only to miss out because of such a dumb mistake, and since restocks don't seem to have any size 13s, resell looks to be my only option. :smh:

On a separate note, am I the only one not really swayed by the shape? Not that I don’t appreciate the change, and I definitely prefer the slimmer closer to OG toe box shape, but even if they were less accurate shape wise I’d still be going after them. i feel that way about most retros these days actually. I care way more about the materials being terrible than anything else. I feel like I still have PTSD from the literal cardboard JB had us wearing from 2006-2013 during the height of my collecting 😂

I couldn't disagree more.

When it comes to Jordan retros, looks (shape, accuracy to OG, etc.) > materials and comfort. :lol:

I strictly wear retros for the looks. I don't ever want to see a dreaded cliff-toe ever again. :lol:

Putting white laces just confirms to me why the Homes is the better CW.
I think I agree with this, the homes being the better color way. I never owned them but my ex had a pair, and I could never understand why hers looked so damn good, lol. Wore the piped joints but was looking and commenting on hers all day. Even tried rocking my Melo’s to compete, still could taste the salt lol.
He was injured the 85-86 season, still wearing the AJ1.

He wore the AJ2 HI for the entire 86-87 regular season, the “Chicago” pair for road games, and the white/red pair at home. He wore the white/red pair in the ASG, and he wore the lows in the 1987 playoffs vs Boston. He continued wearing the lows to start the 87-88 season with the same colorways at home and on the road. He also wore the cement 3s a few times before their official debut ASW 1988.

Not until this release had I ever heard anyone call the Aways “Chicago”. I’m not big on a lot of nicknames, but if anything shouldn’t the home color way be considered “Chicago”? Quoted this post to reference when he wore each color way, not to question any stated info.

Not until this release had I ever heard anyone call the Aways “Chicago”. I’m not big on a lot of nicknames, but if anything shouldn’t the home color way be considered “Chicago”? Quoted this post to reference when he wore each color way, not to question any stated info.
Absolute facts, that’s why I put it in quotes:lol: It seems most so-called nicknames come after the fact with no real thought or logic. Those of us who actually care about the history behind these shoes are a small remnant these days, the average so-called sneaker head couldn’t care less that he never wore them in Chicago. And there’s such a high ratio of them to us, it’s a waste of time to try to inform them, they’re going to call them whatever they first called them, i.e. “raptors”.

He did t wear in playoffs , lhe wore the 3s in playoffs in 88 , he switched from 2s to 3s during the season if my old man memory is correct
Interesting, I need to look this up. I've always been under the impression he waited until the next season to wear his new Sig series (except for the XIV)

Absolute facts, that’s why I put it in quotes:lol: It seems most so-called nicknames come after the fact with no real thought or logic. Those of us who actually care about the history behind these shoes are a small remnant these days, the average so-called sneaker head couldn’t care less that he never wore them in Chicago. And there’s such a high ratio of them to us, it’s a waste of time to try to inform them, they’re going to call them whatever they first called them, i.e. “raptors”.
Agree with everything.

But I would have liked to see him wear the white-red on the road and white-black at home, like he did with the 13s.

More color on the road makes more sense, as visiting teams used to wear colors and not white.

Interesting, I need to look this up. I've always been under the impression he waited until the next season to wear his new Sig series (except for the XIV)
From the 87-88 season through the 92-93 season, the new Jordan would drop all-star weekend and that’s when he would officially make the switch.

Agree with everything.

But I would have liked to see him wear the white-red on the road and white-black at home, like he did with the 13s.

More color on the road makes more sense, as visiting teams used to wear colors and not white.
I believe he wore the white/red lows a couple times on the road, In Milwaukee and Golden State for sure, but he never wore the other colorway at home. He did wear them once in in preseason game somewhere with the home inform though, I’ll post the pic if I can find it.

Actually more often than not he would start the season wearing the same model he finished the previous season wearing…Then he’d debut the new model during the all star game…

Wasn’t until he started the 1995 season wearing the Concord 11’s that the release schedule shifted to the new model debuting at the beginning of the season…I guess you could count the 9’s, even though he didn’t play the 93-94 season, since they pushed that drop up to the fall of 1993 rather than early 1994 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I think what's so confusing about his early shoe history for people is that he wore the 1s for two seasons and broke his foot in that second season.

1984-85 wears Air Ships for awhile then wears Jordan 1 for most of the season and all of the playoffs.

1985-86 wears Jordan 1 to start the season, breaks foot in them, misses 64 games. Comes back and continues to wear the Jordan 1 into the playoffs.

I think what's so confusing about his early shoe history for people is that he wore the 1s for two seasons and broke his foot in that second season.

1984-85 wears Air Ships for awhile then wears Jordan 1 for most of the season and all of the playoffs.

1985-86 wears Jordan 1 to start the season, breaks foot in them, misses 64 games. Comes back and continues to wear the Jordan 1 into the playoffs.
It can be confusing for sure. But at this point there are fewer that care now about that now. Nothing wrong with it, but nowadays its almost a waste of time explaining the history. They really do not care.

From the 87-88 season through the 92-93 season, the new Jordan would drop all-star weekend and that’s when he would officially make the switch.

I believe he wore the white/red lows a couple times on the road, In Milwaukee and Golden State for sure, but he never wore the other colorway at home. He did wear them once in in preseason game somewhere with the home inform though, I’ll post the pic if I can find it.

Actually more often than not he would start the season wearing the same model he finished the previous season wearing…Then he’d debut the new model during the all star game…

Wasn’t until he started the 1995 season wearing the Concord 11’s that the release schedule shifted to the new model debuting at the beginning of the season…I guess you could count the 9’s, even though he didn’t play the 93-94 season, since they pushed that drop up to the fall of 1993 rather than early 1994 🤷‍♂️

AirMaxPlu§ AirMaxPlu§ Those guys hit it already. He always started the new season in the current model, and for a bit there was a new halfway color of that model that got released for Mike to start the season in. I remember the Black Tongue Fire Reds, Carmines, and Cardinals all came out for him to start the new season in. It was a bridge to the next model.

Back
Top Bottom