• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
dat  cracking doe

Worn on average once a week for 14 years so i'll take it. Do that with todays retro's and let me know how that works out. Last of the real leather retro's not this shiny pleather stuff from the last 10 years.

Worn on average once a week for 14 years so i'll take it. Do that with todays retro's and let me know how that works out. Last of the real leather retro's not this shiny pleather stuff from the last 10 years.
Most dudes these days love the shiny pleather on their 11's 
roll.gif

You went from the paint to the leather? And it seems remastered retros don't crack even with heavy wear yet so that may be a plus for the new retros

Idk why but I expect jb to improve on these upcoming Black cements.

Last edited:
Anyone have 3s from 01/03 that are still wearable with their original midsole? Debating on buying a pair of 03 WCs, seller says no cracking or crumbling at the moment but I feel like it's inevitable. (if there's a better place to ask, let me know.)

It's going to be a hit or miss. Depending on how they've been stored all these years, who know's. Last year I sold my '03 III True Blues. Both tabs were cracked, 1 shoe had the midsole paint peeling, but no cracking on the midsoles. I bough them DS in 2012 and wore them a lot.

I'm not talking down to anybody it's just my opinion, been in this along time. Sold my other 2 pairs of ds 03 cements last summer hoping the remastered 3's would be close and now I wish I hadn't. But while I'm here let me throw this 2 cents in. Wear your shoes and don't keep them DS for too long, I have a shelf full that have crumbled that should have been worn and not collected.

Learn what? They sold plenty of pairs and covered their overhead with that release. Yes, some releases hit outlets, but the foot stores bought inventory and JB made their cash.
JB are in the business of selling hype and retros happen to be a great vehicle to do it. If they flood the market with shoes that have glaring detail missteps people are much more likely to take a pass and the shoes sit. Nike won't break a sweat discounting them if they sit. But its not good for the limited/hype image that JB has made up for retros. On the other hand if they do the shoes right they could make a lot more than TB3s and still sell out. People who quit would come back, new customers would be excited to pick up a piece of history and regular customers would of course double, triple and quadruple up...didn't see too many people doing that for TB3 but they did for SJs cuz they did them right...for a company with more money than god Nike shouldn't have such a hard time making a few minor details right especially when the basis of a product is nostalgia...Nike should learn the value of loyalty. 

Last edited:
JB is in the business of making money, hype is created by the consumer. Always has been, always will be.

Don't like the product? Vote with your wallet, dont buy.

they should learn how to make 3s right. if they can do 88s semi right, they could have treated 2016 tb3 also like that. but when things get limited, its like people forget flaws they cop.

when they widely available and at higher msrp people want to complain about the majority of pairs that have flaws. lesser flaws would equal a little more pairs jumping off shelves instead of sitting. but if nike dont care about that, then why should we. wait, some of us do because some ogs and vets want that quality that we used to get

some of us will buy some of us will pass. but its sad when we wait for a shoe that took more than 27 yrs to look like that for the consumer, while nike takes in their sales

maybe they aren't thirsty for money but thirsty for public opinion. I'm sure the 11 be a top seller again this year
Why would they be "thirsty" for public opinion, it's Jordan Brand. Jordans will sell regardless of marketing or not. The people who usually think Jordan Brand is in it for public opinion are usually the ones that only care about "hype". 

This thread is all over the place. Which is why I've left it alone recently.

A lot of naive posters IMO. JB doesn't give AF about you or anyone else for that matter. They will do what they want, when they want, how they want. I'm sorry you guys have a hard time wrapping your minds around that. All they care about is your money.

JB knows damn well they can make these BC3's like trash and it'll still move regardless if theres a $220 price tag. Will some pairs hit outlets and go on disco? Sure, but Nike has already made the money once the shipments get sent out.

You guys really need to learn about how business actually works. JB is too big to fail. The hype for sneakers is as big as it has ever been. HAs JB lost some market cap to Adidas? Yes, but how did they counter? They released all the heaters back to back to back and didn't make anything limited. They picked and chose which ones they wanted to put more effort into and which ones they didn't need to.

At the end of the day, JB is doing phenomenal and no one in corporate gives AF what we think or how stupid out complaints are. Trust me, it may seem like it does, but for the average consumer...they not give AF. Sorry, but this is how business works.

Some of y'all need that wake up call and lower your expectations.

Like someone said earlier, if y'all really want change...vote with your wallet. JB will def listen then. But I can guarantee if they made the BC3's like the TB3's, 90% of y'all will still cop. Don't even lie to yourselves.

Better yet..if they made them limited like Nike is doing with the Gold Air Max 97's, the resale would hit the $700-800 mark regardless of quality. It's just how the game works. People have been *****ing and crying about the same issues for over 15+ years now. And very little has changed since then.

Last edited:

A lot of naive posters IMO. JB doesn't give AF about you or anyone else for that matter. They will do what they want, when they want, how they want. I'm sorry you guys have a hard time wrapping your minds around that. All they care about is your money.

JB knows damn well they can make these BC3's like trash and it'll still move regardless if theres a $220 price tag. Will some pairs hit outlets and go on disco? Sure, but Nike has already made the money once the shipments get sent out.

You guys really need to learn about how business actually works. JB is too big to fail. The hype for sneakers is as big as it has ever been. HAs JB lost some market cap to Adidas? Yes, but how did they counter? They released all the heaters back to back to back and didn't make anything limited. They picked and chose which ones they wanted to put more effort into and which ones they didn't need to.

At the end of the day, JB is doing phenomenal and no one in corporate gives AF what we think or how stupid out complaints are. Trust me, it may seem like it does, but for the average consumer...they not give AF. Sorry, but this is how business works.

Like someone said earlier, if y'all really want change...vote with your wallet. JB will def listen then. But I can guarantee if they made the BC3's like the TB3's, 90% of y'all will still cop. Don't even lie to yourselves.

Better yet..if they made them limited like Nike is doing with the Gold Air Max 97's, the resale would hit the $700-800 mark regardless of quality. It's just how the game works. People have been *****ing and crying about the same issues for over 15+ years now. And very little has changed since then.

THIS. Either you buy or don't. It's that simple

Why would they be "thirsty" for public opinion, it's Jordan Brand. Jordans will sell regardless of marketing or not. The people who usually think Jordan Brand is in it for public opinion are usually the ones that only care about "hype". 
No, I believe JB wants to release something that will make them a ton quickly. Jordan 11s are the public's favorite shoe so why not drop them twice to get the public ready to throw their money at JB? The Jordan 11 was a top selling sneaker last year; if they drop them twice, there's no way folks won't bite twice. JB is going to cash out again this holiday even more than last year

Facts

lowered expectations? :lol:

remastered chis, breds, royals, cem na4, blk met V, sj 2016 frag 1 sbb 88s maroon 6 french 12 ring a bell? decent expectations, but not high expectations

theses past releases & some prove jb IS capable of qc, lmtd or not, high $ or not.
some of these may sat for a min, but i bet not as long as tb3 2016

200K tb3 remastered the right way tb3/ 500K purchased

vs.

40K flawed tb3 / 500K purchased

retailers wonder why they cant move but nike got paid.

idk why they cant pay more attn to remastered III so far.

For the older NT'ers or sneaker buyers, How did the 2001 release sell? I know the 94 went to outlets and day 1 sellouts probably weren't a thing in 1988 for Jays.

Back
Top Bottom