What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Think I've owned more 3s than 4s in my life so 3s>4s to me. The WC4 is hard to beat though.

I wonder why Nike tried so hard to correct the shape on Air Max 1s and Jordan 1s, but have neglected literally every other shape butchering of every other retro. Including 3s, of course. It's such a dramatic difference.

I wonder why Nike tried so hard to correct the shape on Air Max 1s and Jordan 1s, but have neglected literally every other shape butchering of every other retro. Including 3s, of course. It's such a dramatic difference.
This!! It's sad they destroying there own classics

Either they've got a terrible marketing team now or think their consumers are morons.

Both. Its no secret that they have terrible decision making, and its because they do believe all of their consumers are morons(meaning they believe will buy almost anything they put out). Instead of having integrity and putting out a consistent quality product, they choose to always get away with the least as possible, even after they raised the prices. Sure, they are squeezing every dollar out of the consumer, retailer, and manufacturer, but at what cost? In this process they have shown what type of company they are and what decisions are important to them.

Both. Its no secret that they have terrible decision making, and its because they do believe all of their consumers are morons(meaning they believe will buy almost anything they put out). Instead of having integrity and putting out a consistent quality product, they choose to always get away with the least as possible, even after they raised the prices. Sure, they are squeezing every dollar out of the consumer, retailer, and manufacturer, but at what cost? In this process they have shown what type of company they are and what decisions are important to them.

Most if not all corporations in general

I bet they treat these like they did the 2015 Chicagos and 2017 am1. Which will be the new standard going forward with 3s. I expect some kind of campaign as well. I'm also half expecting fragment 3s sometime before the bc3.

These are important to Nike's legacy, I don't see them missing the marketing opportunity to go big with these. Especially since it has all star weekend to boost the hype. It's easier for me to believe in that than the same old shoe with all those spotlights on it. That would be embarrasing.

New standard shape. Like what they did with 1s after frags/Chicagos

I think the true blue 3s will be looked upon like 2013 1s in that it was a transition model with Nike air on it but an old shape. Also see the hare 7s vs Bordeaux 7 a couple months later.

Nike air returning seems to be a precursor to a new shape.

Last edited:
New standard shape. Like what they did with 1s after frags/Chicagos

I think the true blue 3s will be looked upon like 2013 1s in that it was a transition model with Nike air on it but an old shape. Also see the hare 7s vs Bordeaux 7 a couple months later.

Nike air returning seems to be a precursor to a new shape.
True blues should had already started it

Ehh I like the TB3s I have, but that'll be kind of messed up if JB did that lol. Should have got the shape right last year.

I bet they treat these like they did the 2015 Chicagos and 2017 am1. Which will be the new standard going forward with 3s. I expect some kind of campaign as well. I'm also half expecting fragment 3s sometime before the bc3.

These are important to Nike's legacy, I don't see them missing the marketing opportunity to go big with these. Especially since it has all star weekend to boost the hype. It's easier for me to believe in that than the same old shoe with all those spotlights on it. That would be embarrasing.

Fragment 3s? "Remastered" shape for new 3s? You buggin, neither of those are happening next year (although I'd happily eat my words about fragment 3s). Even post-fragment 1s, albeit much better in shape, are nothing like 85s or 94s. 2017 air max 1s which were supposed to be based on the shape of 2004 Urawa air max 1s look nothing like Urawas; again, better, but not great. I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Nike or Jordan will ever create a perfectly shaped retro of any model is absolutely dreaming. It's been a topic of discussion since 2001 with 3s, it's not changing now. The only retros I see Jordan Brand get proper are dub zeros, true flights, and spizikes, and that's because they were dookie to begin with.

tl;dr new shape isn't gonna happen, don't get your hopes up.

If you pay close enough attention you see just how far off JB still is with even the 1's...
I have faith we eventually will get true OGs, I have to keep the faith. Especially because they are running out of ideas.

1985_nike_basketball_catalog.jpg

All the recent 1s look like the 94s to me, idk what you guys are seeing. Still far off from the 85s, yes, but very close to the 94s.

Not at all like 94s. 94s have a distinctive bump where the heel meets the midsole (almost like the midsole was a quarter size too small), the toe panel extends much further up into the toebox (which is my favorite part of 85s/94s compared to newer 1s), curvature on the heel is different, swoosh shape is different. 1s since 2015 are great, don't get me wrong - but they're not like the originals or 94s. While we're at it, 4s also look drastically different from 1989 to the first retros in 1999.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom