What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Haha seriously... don’t care for the Tinker’s personally goes without saying on this mold, I respect and appreciate the original concept but him not using the check I can’t unsee that and “accept” a check now

Complaining doesn’t really bother me I just ignore whatever I don’t feel like reading or replying too I do love my pair but every time I see a 88’ pair I wouldn’t mind it f the retros looked more like the OGs

DEA44A5F-777D-40EB-B86E-5A666D5B3992.png

Not gonna post a bunch of pics but this is the craziest/best shape ever lol, the opposite of what’s happening now, back to the new ones though
Hmm I was born early 90s so I can’t speak on the original shape but I can say I prefer the look now a days. That angle is a bit steep up front. IMO

6C059203-34E0-4E80-983E-41998A73B83B.png

Here go the medial lol, and yes the outsole for sure, the ones today are almost outdoor rugged and bulky, Stars much larger and dip up at the toe etc... but that shoe there it’s actual shoe there, the design can “breathe” everything isn’t cramped in and shrunken the lines of the shoe show as intended
Man..... little things change everything with the design. Said it before, the retros now are more like heely shaped. I know the old molds are gone but..... make them again???

It’s only better to you guys because it’s orginal. I for one like the retro shape better...and I’m 37 years old

I’m gonna be honest I have no idea how to even respond to this lol... everyone can have their own opinion but the original is what was intended, that matters to yes... materials not even close on these new plastic things, retros today have a more modernized “casual” shape these were originally intended for basketball... mostly just using the eye test totally different shoes, again people can pick what they like but damn lol

I’m gonna be honest I have no idea how to even respond to this lol... everyone can have their own opinion but the original is what was intended, that matters to yes... materials not even close on these new plastic things, retros today have a more modernized “casual” shape these were originally intended for basketball... mostly just using the eye test totally different shoes, again people can pick what they like but damn lol

Of course this is just my speculative opinion, but I'm reasonably confident anyone who ever actually owned--or at least held in their hands--the originals would find they do not prefer the retros. Pictures of them only tell a portion of the story. The OG materials, shape and proportions are exactly why the IIIs have been held in such high regard for decades. They wore and looked MUCH sleeker, and were a genuinely classy looking sneaker. The casual appeal was much different, and much better. That's why personally I'm always so bummed Nike won't do them right. I could pull off an OG build with almost anything, but wearing any of the retros from the past decade, I feel a bit silly.

Of course this is just my speculative opinion, but I'm reasonably confident anyone who ever actually owned--or at least held in their hands--the originals would find they do not prefer the retros. Pictures of them only tell a portion of the story. The OG materials, shape and proportions are exactly why the IIIs have been held in such high regard for decades. They wore and looked MUCH sleeker, and were a genuinely classy looking sneaker. The casual appeal was much different, and much better. That's why personally I'm always so bummed Nike won't do them right. I could pull off an OG build with almost anything, but wearing any of the retros from the past decade, I feel a bit silly.

Well said sir, very well said... the originals also had their own identity you KNEW you were looking at something unique, well crafted and distinct... these new ones really look like many other shoes of the day shape-wise with the 3s makeup (albiet said makup is jacked lol) these don’t even really have a tongue because the shoe is so chopped down tying up to the top lace hides the whole thing lol, all bad all the time I want nostalgia to feel like I’m wearing time machines of my hero, the new ones have zero of that feeling

Only point I’m trying to make is what ever shape came out first is “best” no matter what shape it is. Switch them around and see how many people would be crying about the orginal shape. It’s a handful of Orginals that I think the shape is better, just not the 3s.

Only point I’m trying to make is what ever shape came out first is “best” no matter what shape it is. Switch them around and see how many people would be crying about the orginal shape. It’s a handful of Orginals that I think the shape is better, just not the 3s.

That’s fine that’s how you feel but it’s literally impossible for me to imagine switching out the 1988 mold for 2018, that would be mega strange lol... all of Tinker’s 3-14 share a design language all a profession from the previous model which I love (minus the 9 and 10 where he blew everything up and started “cleaner”) retros today and for a long time now (in my experience anyway) the fit is all over the board, TTS for the originals was legit TTS, they all fit largely the same through that run with consistent toe shape and iconic Tinker lasts it’s always multiple discussion today on sizing up or down etc because the retro toe shape and the shoes them selves are just thinner/cheaper all around... again IMO 2018 being switched for 1988 I can’t even fathom that

All these originals were designed to be on the court, offer support real support for obviously basketball, they were built that way with love and care, retros now are made for walking around and stunting in a mall...
The exaggerated and dynamic sharp lines of the originals is their character what makes them so iconic and untouchable they don’t look like that today, these are a crude shell of what kept Michael Jordan with Nike

All IMO

That's potentially true but it's also a bit of a strange way of looking at it. As I said previously, all the things about shape, materials and proportions are WHY the IIIs are regarded so highly by so many. It's why so many people over the years have even wanted them to retro in the first place. No one asked or petitioned Nike to make any of these changes to the modern reissues, the company made those changes on its own. Imagine if Mazda re-released the very first Miata sports car, except it was a foot longer, four inches higher, and had different wheels and bumpers compared to the original. A lot of Miata fans would still buy it, but most of them would likely tell you they would have enjoyed it more if none of those changes were made just for the sake of change. There would also likely be a good number of Miata fans who asked for their dealer deposits back once they learned those changes had been made.

Not to keep going so hard and beating up on these IMO all 3s have sucked tremendously since 2001 lol... it’s just when your “remastering” something or under the assumption something Is supposed to be superior than before it’s even more inexcusable IMO, they okey-doked sooo many people with the NA heel badge when the actual rest of the shoe is smaller than its ever been

Back
Top Bottom