What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
And i dont need to hear about i copped this months later and no negative opinions allowed that

yet here we are

you need to accept that your opinion isnt universal because youre a mod and that this website actually has influence.

no one likes being made fun of and Jordan/Nike is no different. Let's see how well those Chunkago 1s do now. Yall act like everyone here is about these BCs but in reality some hate them, some love them and most dont care either way. Those that dont care either way probably dont know 'what could be' in order for them to care in the first place. Thats where I come in.

Last edited:
And that’s your problem.
You and anyone else that thinks Nike doesn’t know what they are doing are fools for being so blind.

I know what youre saying but what are they waiting for? The 50th anniversary? Nobody is getting younger here.

I know what youre saying but what are they waiting for? The 50th anniversary? Nobody is getting younger here.

Unfortunately, it probably won’t happen. Nike/JBs bread and butter is retro.
History shows that JB relies on models 1-14 for significant sales and that’s a challenge to keep growing while having those limited models to work with.
That said, JB can make an identical shoe but it won’t because that won’t keep the mass of consumers coming back when it retros again 3 years later. They have been going with the “give them a little bit more each release” approach.

From a pure business perspective, it’s prohibitive to give the exact shoe if you want to keep growing every year since there are a finite amount of shoes to choose from.

I would be willing to bet that when the black cement 3 drops again, it will have lower EP but the color red will be off from the OG or some other detail will be different.

I want to say youre wrong but you arent and that sucks.

Especially considering how fast 3s wear out in the first place. This smartphone strategy is horrifically unnecessary in this situation. They havent changed the Chucks or the shell-toes, and to go even further the Air Max 1 got work put into it and is basically what it originally was now.

I believe there are a lot of casual consumers who pass on this mold of 3s when it could obviously be a classic everyone loves like the 1s became once they put work into those.

Unfortunately, it probably won’t happen. Nike/JBs bread and butter is retro.
History shows that JB relies on models 1-14 for significant sales and that’s a challenge to keep growing while having those limited models to work with.
That said, JB can make an identical shoe but it won’t because that won’t keep the mass of consumers coming back when it retros again 3 years later. They have been going with the “give them a little bit more each release” approach.

From a pure business perspective, it’s prohibitive to give the exact shoe if you want to keep growing every year since there are a finite amount of shoes to choose from.

I would be willing to bet that when the black cement 3 drops again, it will have lower EP but the color red will be off from the OG or some other detail will be different.

This has a lot of truth and I understand the points but really most people don’t care of the masses either way, as we know niketalk is a fraction of the population this place is about shoes and even some people here don’t care... the further we get away from Jordan playing in the shoes the more cloudy
original details will become we’re getting into a lot of these people who never saw him play that’s what disappoints me to the other point give me an accurate representation before I die, I deserve it lol... that probably won’t happen I agree but if they DID do OG and then went back to wonky on the 3 years later retro I believe those would be bought up as well, because again most don’t care about shape issues just the Jumpman and the popularity

This has a lot of truth and I understand the points but really most people don’t care of the masses either way, as we know niketalk is a fraction of the population this place is about shoes and even some people here don’t care... the further we get away from Jordan playing in the shoes the more cloudy
original details will become we’re getting into a lot of these people who never saw him play that’s what disappoints me to the other point give me an accurate representation before I die, I deserve it lol... that probably won’t happen I agree but if they DID do OG and then went back to wonky on the 3 years later retro I believe those would be bought up as well, because again most don’t care about shape issues just the Jumpman and the popularity
Yep. I mean the Jordan 1 line is a true example of the iterative process with the 2013 and 2016 models.
2013s got the leather texture “right” and the 2016s got the shape “right” but switched to tumbled leather in places. All intentional.

I believe I deserve an OG of my grails and have been fortunate enough to have found wearable OGs. Not betting that Nike would do a true retro unless sales died which we know won’t happen anytime soon.

Yep. I mean the Jordan 1 line is a true example of the iterative process with the 2013 and 2016 models.
2013s got the leather texture “right” and the 2016s got the shape “right” but switched to tumbled leather in places. All intentional.

I believe I deserve an OG of my grails and have been fortunate enough to have found wearable OGs. Not betting that Nike would do a true retro unless sales died which we know won’t happen anytime soon.

Absolutely the tumbled 1s legit break my heart, the original black based colored ones, and yeah finding some 1988 3s is already next to impossible in the correct size and not half crumbled to dust... I never ever expect to get 1988 leather but at least give me the mold or close to the mold, nothing that hasn’t been said before but the 94s are really nice too and remaster should’ve been at least 2001 level... anyway those who like these cool know they sold super well I just can’t even look at them lol, watch this thread for pics of old retros lol

wait, you have OG 3s that you wear around?

wait, you have OG 3s that you wear around?
3s aren’t my grail.
I have og 11-13 that should be wearable. I’ve worn the one of my of my og 12s and 13s in the last few months but I haven’t gotten to my others yet.

OG 3s.... that would require some more love which I’d be more than willing to do if they were my grails.
1. Find a pair which would be the hardest
2. People do 3D printing of the Nike air heel tab now so that can be replaced
3. Find a donor shoe for midsole swapping. Hybrids serve a purpose! :lol:

Would cost a few hundred but I’d have peace of mind.

3s aren’t my grail.
I have og 11-13 that should be wearable. I’ve worn the one of my of my og 12s and 13s in the last few months but I haven’t gotten to my others yet.

OG 3s.... that would require some more love which I’d be more than willing to do if they were my grails.
1. Find a pair which would be the hardest
2. People do 3D printing of the Nike air heel tab now so that can be replaced
3. Find a donor shoe for midsole swapping. Hybrids serve a purpose! :lol:

Would cost a few hundred but I’d have peace of mind.

Super lucky, friend of mine has/had OG playoff and Columbia 11s deadstock
White red 12s
Flint
Playoff
First color and Bulls 13s all DS
None wearable but all gorgeous... the 12s were I supposed but the Jumpman plate cracked, 13s the outrigger suede portion separates, 11s no way lol

And yes original 3s are unicorns and if found a ton of money and work

DEA44A5F-777D-40EB-B86E-5A666D5B3992.png

Not gonna post a bunch of pics but this is the craziest/best shape ever lol, the opposite of what’s happening now, back to the new ones though

Looking at that pic makes me realize a proper remaster would have to start with the outsole. Thats probably why they arent touching it.

They really did toss the original molds....

that's got to be one of the dumbest legal things any corporation has done in the history of corporations. unbelievable. There should be a documentary about this on Netflix called Air No Care

6C059203-34E0-4E80-983E-41998A73B83B.png

Here go the medial lol, and yes the outsole for sure, the ones today are almost outdoor rugged and bulky, Stars much larger and dip up at the toe etc... but that shoe there it’s actual shoe there, the design can “breathe” everything isn’t cramped in and shrunken the lines of the shoe show as intended

The Tinkers wouldve been better with just the medial swoosh ending between those stitch lines. The outside (lateral?) makes no sense

It wouldve been a nice subtle nod to chuck taylors

Back
Top Bottom