What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Many don’t care about the shape; others, including me, don’t care for the ‘88 shape.
E9AFC8CB-0175-4DDD-9BAD-C88ED432F04C.gif

So you run a Jordan “fan page” but your not really a fan of the originals? Lol doing it all for the clout I see

Last edited:
I heard ole buddy is charging 300 to do the job. I’ll pay that for some wc3 in og form and just act like it never happened. That’s obviously upwards of like 5-600+ including the shoe and whatever materials are needed but there’s literally no other way to get a brand new og the way you want it.

I heard ole buddy is charging 300 to do the job. I’ll pay that for some wc3 in og form and just act like it never happened. That’s obviously upwards of like 5-600+ including the shoe and whatever materials are needed but there’s literally no other way to get a brand new og the way you want it.

I inquired about his services and you are correct. To get the shape you need to Frankenstein 2 pairs one 1/2 size smaller than the other.

Why give us the shape we want when we’ll buy whatever they give us anyway

You should work for Nike with that line of elementary thinking. I'm not going to bother trying to explain again why it might be in Nike's interest to in fact "give us the shape we want." Rest assured there are legitimate long-term business reasons why it might be a good idea.

I'd be tempted to do it, too, the next time a white/cement "OG" drops, assuming this dude is still around. I likely wouldn't, just because the entire principle pisses me off. But it sure as hell would be a temptation I'd have to fight.

You should work for Nike with that line of elementary thinking. I'm not going to bother trying to explain again why it might be in Nike's interest to in fact "give us the shape we want." Rest assured there are legitimate long-term business reasons why it might be a good idea.
I agree it would be in their best interest

What reasons are there? Most of the consumers don’t care, that’s why they sell out. There are flaws that is NT folks see, that others would swear we were insane for caring too much.

What reasons are there? Most of the consumers don’t care, that’s why they sell out. There are flaws that is NT folks see, that others would swear we were insane for caring too much.

The individuals who don’t care have always been posers to me. Mindlessly following a trend because it’s cool. I’ve got two words for lames like that, “**** ‘em”! For the individuals who owned the originals or those who saw the originals, but couldn’t afford them, it’s more than just a sneaker. It’s a moment in time and recreating a retro to the exact specifications isn’t rocket science. Yes JB is only concerned with making money and time and time again the drones buy the lame interpretations of an original only to defend it. What trips me out is how people have turned it around on the enthusiast. If you never owned the originals or at least saw them in real time, your opinion doesn’t mean jack **** to me. Especially for the individuals who prefer a retro over and original, no matter the model number.

The individuals who don’t care have always been posers to me. Mindlessly following a trend because it’s cool. I’ve got two words for lames like that, “**** ‘em”! For the individuals who owned the originals or those who saw the originals, but couldn’t afford them, it’s more than just a sneaker. It’s a moment in time and recreating a retro to the exact specifications isn’t rocket science. Yes JB is only concerned with making money and time and time again the drones buy the lame interpretations of an original only to defend it. What trips me out is how people have turned it around on the enthusiast. If you never owned the originals or at least saw them in real time, your opinion doesn’t mean jack **** to me. Especially for the individuals who prefer a retro over and original, no matter the model number.
I have owned plenty of originals, and had the pleasure of watching the greatest player and team play. Do I wish they released exact replicas of the originals, yes. Do I care that much if they don't get the correct elephant/cement print right to not buy them, no. What I do care about is that they use correct color blocking and use 'Nike Air' when warranted. Some of the complaints when comparing the original to a retro is just ridiculous. If you don't like a retro because the elephant print is too high or because a stitch is slightly slanted then don't buy it.

Yo guys how yall clean 3s???

They're not delicate shoes.

Any sort of soapy water (cleaner, dish soap, detergent, etc.) and a paper towel, rag, or some kind of brush works fine. Don't scrub hard obviously if you use a stiff-bristled brush.

So you run a Jordan “fan page” but your not really a fan of the originals? Lol doing it all for the clout I see

I personally don’t think the mass care about shape...just the silhouette. Only complaints I’ve ever heard about it was here. We talk kicks at work all the time.

It’s fair to have that opinion, but it’s a near sighted generalization. People care about what they care about. That’s as simple as that.

From my observation, as long as the key aesthetic is captured, the product is fine to most. What’s the key aesthetic? Low/mid cut, black tumbled leather, elephant print, hits of red or grey, a black and white midsole, etc.. It doesn’t matter if the EP is black or dark grey or if the tongue is fire Red or true red, as long as it fits the generally understood aesthetic, people will be okay with it. Why? Because some people just want the Black Cement 3. Also, NIKE AIR.

ALSO, some may like certain OG models over others.

If you have followed me for ANY amount of time, you would know that I prefer certain OGs to others. I’m typically gushing over the 6s or some 4s, 7s, and the Aqua 8s. I don’t talk about every model, or go into the history of every model. I talk about what I like, and what I want to come out, but go off bro :nthat:

dumb question but how y'all tie the laces on 3's and not have em showing?
I like an extra clean look so I don't tie any knots at all. Instead, I lock the laces on each side...

I keep the laces loose. Then run the lace out through the bottom of the top 2 holes... then run it back through the top hole on the same side to keep the laces locked in place. Then the lace is tucked naturally on each side by my ankle.

Since its locked theres no need to tie a knot & if I want to tighten my laces I just pull the lace back out of the top hole on each side, tighten laces, then run it back through the hole again to lock. Since theres no knot & the laces are loose I can slip into the shoe & still feel it secured on my foot. Just have to play with the laces for the right loosness/tightness & look before you lock them in place.

If you zoom in on my right shoe you can see the left lace going through the top 2 holes (rectangle) & back inside my shoe. On the left shoe you can see how they tuck clean on each side.
20180609_215802.jpg
20180609_195007.jpg

disclaimer: I have a wide foot so this may not be practical for everyone.

It’s fair to have that opinion, but it’s a near sighted generalization. People care about what they care about. That’s as simple as that.

From my observation, as long as the key aesthetic is captured, the product is fine to most. What’s the key aesthetic? Low/mid cut, black tumbled leather, elephant print, hits of red or grey, a black and white midsole, etc.. It doesn’t matter if the EP is black or dark grey or if the tongue is fire Red or true red, as long as it fits the generally understood aesthetic, people will be okay with it. Why? Because some people just want the Black Cement 3. Also, NIKE AIR.

ALSO, some may like certain OG models over others.

What's also near-sighted is for a company to degrade one of its own most popular models just because it might cost some money in the short-term to make a few changes. What happens the next time a line manager decides that a few more little changes won't make a difference, either? Then you've made changes to a shoe that was already changed, and it gets even more distanced from the reasons it was popular in the first place. It's a slippery slope, for starters.

People around here like to dismiss complaints like this by saying, if you don't like them then don't buy them. And I didn't. But make no mistake: In business, the disgruntled loyal fan is something to fear. Today it's me, tonytobacco tonytobacco and probably a (for now) small number of others who spoke with our wallets. But one turns to two turns to three turns to 1,000 turns to 10,000 etc. Is it guaranteed this will happen to JB or the AJ3? Of course not. But there's also no guarantee hundreds of thousands of people will keep buying the shoe upon every release. Nike and Jordan seem to take this audience for granted, and that's a dangerous strategy to adopt.

Nike watches us. We (NT) are the reason why small changes happen. They aint stupid. Make it exactly how we want it, then we wont buy the next iteration.

Remember, Nike is a marketing company that happens to sell sneakers.

they know that for today, the story sells not the actual product.

sad.

Back
Top Bottom