• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
F291570B-5FA7-4E11-B66A-D18D29FAB6FB.jpeg

If I wanted a wc and bc3 I’d have to buy 4 pairs and pay dude on ig to customize them end up with 2 pair for over $1000. I’ll probably never own a 3 again :lol:

Unless they chill on the toebox with the mochas which it looks like they didn’t.

No disrespect to my mans im just using his pic as an example but This is beyond wild to me I can never do it. At all. Ever.

B8788A4B-C004-4FEC-B1D2-3BACF70D5F08.jpeg

If I wanted a wc and bc3 I’d have to buy 4 pairs and pay dude on ig to customize them end up with 2 pair for over $1000. I’ll probably never own a 3 again :lol:

Unless they chill on the toebox with the mochas which it looks like they didn’t.

No disrespect to my mans im just using his pic as an example but This is beyond wild to me I can never do it. At all. Ever.

Same here.

Think it looks even more crazy on bigger footers (size 11.5 here).

Not to reopen this debate, but I really, really tried to like the 2018 BC3s (even copped the shoes about 4 times, eventually letting go of them all) but JB went berserk with that elephant print toe cap.

I will eventually get a pair of sole swapped 2001’s, or do it myself at some point.

Un-DS these last week... and they are shredding my achilles. Wore them loose, leaving the DS knot. Once they were hurting my achilles, I tied them tighter and laced through the highest hole. Still hurt.

Any way to avoid other than tying super-tight?

Un-DS these last week... and they are shredding my achilles. Wore them loose, leaving the DS knot. Once they were hurting my achilles, I tied them tighter and laced through the highest hole. Still hurt.

Any way to avoid other than tying super-tight?
Had same issue when i wore low cut socks. Hurt like hell too. I started wearing above the ankle socks and this fixed the issue for me.

Just Un DS'd mine, only thing I hate is that the shoestrings are so short .

Attachments

• 20180819_175721.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13

I feel you on this, I copped my pair back on release day and only wore them about 4 times. I hate that toe box. I stuff my shoes with shopping bags to hold the shape of my shoes so I stuffed extra bags at the toe box on these so I can pop out that toe box a bit. Looks a lil flat for my taste but all in all I still love this shoe, wish they made the shoe strings a little longer tho. Paint job on the midsole isn't bad either but I wouldn't mind going for a 01 pair myself. I'm just not the greatest with sole swapping. I sole swapped my 99 black cement 4's and they keep separating on me so I'm like F it...

I feel you on this, I copped my pair back on release day and only wore them about 4 times. I hate that toe box. I stuff my shoes with shopping bags to hold the shape of my shoes so I stuffed extra bags at the toe box on these so I can pop out that toe box a bit. Looks a lil flat for my taste but all in all I still love this shoe, wish they made the shoe strings a little longer tho. Paint job on the midsole isn't bad either but I wouldn't mind going for a 01 pair myself. I'm just not the greatest with sole swapping. I sole swapped my 99 black cement 4's and they keep separating on me so I'm like F it...
Which reglue method did you use on the 4s?

Hmm...Imagine if they went back to the slanted toe box like everyone is clamoring for; then everyone would complain it's crushing their toes. Perhaps that's why they changed the shape in the first place, as they didn't have the manufacturing technique back then to raise the box. But that wouldn't explain the OG slant on the Flight '89 retros we've been seeing. There's just no pleasing everyone these days.

i guess it makes sense to customize the sneaker the way u want it

Just found out the 2018 BC 3 has synthetic tumbled leather, while the true blue 2016 has genuine leather, even though it’s low grade genuine leather.

It was explained that since 2015, Jordan brand has been making better softer synthetic leather to appease fans. There’s been many retro drops with soft yet still synthetic leathers. Also, genuine or good quality leather doesn’t have to be overly soft(many on here have said this repeatedly). This was said by a few in this thread, as well as a few youTubers(not any of the popular ones). I concede my dislike for the 2016 True Blue lol. The leather may be genuine but it’s still harder to break in. Found out the White cement 4, and the Alternate motorsport 4 also have full genuine leather uppers. Same goes for the pre grape 5. There are dozens of grades of genuine and synthetic leathers that jordan brand uses.

Last edited:

Funny thing is I wore my FTL III's and Katrina's this summer and was dying to rock these. When I did, something felt off and I couldn't really tell until I was at home wearing my Katrina's again to chill and its the cement print lol. It's ridiculous compared to the other two shoes which is a little annoying seeing as how they released in the same year. 2018's BCs are close to perfect minus this detail.

There are other details like shape etc but I can live with what we had.. just wish the cement wasn't so clunky and to think, I copped two pairs and kept the one with lower cement print :lol:

They explained that the more hyped drops get the synthetic since it’ll sell out regardless lol. The GRs get the genuine materials to help them sell. Apparently the KAWS 4 is a high quality synthetic nubuck, not genuine nubuck. The Citrus 7 is a genuine nubuck, while the Nubuck 2009 Flu Game and varsity 6 are synthetic nubucks. The only genuine leather on the 2016 Banned 1 is the red parts, while the shadow 1 is entirely genuine leather(everyone already knows that)
This guy also put me on game to the fact that there’s more than one type of durabuck Nike uses as well as more than one type of nubuck they use. There’s a thing called “tanned durabuck” which is the synthetic material found on the 2004 Olympic 7, the 2006 Cardinal 7, and on the tongue of the 2016 WC 4. It’s on the tongue of my 06 Alpha Jordan 1 mid too. Nike’s own durabuck is just a name for synthetic materials. Its not just the black material we see on the Infrared 6, Metallic 5 or Playoff 8. I was kindve blown away o_O.

Last edited:
Just found out the 2018 BC 3 has synthetic tumbled leather, while the true blue 2016 has genuine leather, even though it’s low grade genuine leather.

It was explained that since 2015, Jordan brand has been making better softer synthetic leather to appease fans. There’s been many retro drops with soft yet still synthetic leathers. Also, genuine or good quality leather doesn’t have to be overly soft. This was said by a few in this thread, as well as a few youTubers(not any of the popular ones). I concede my dislike for the 2016 True Blue lol. The leather may be genuine but it’s still harder to break in. Found out the White cement 4, and the Alternate motorsport 4 also have full genuine leather uppers. Same goes for the pre grape 5.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom