What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Further to the 1994 era, the sneakerheads were all about the 1/2/3 retros that dropped that year(ish). It still was a big deal, Jordan was a god, etc. Dudes who picked up a pair turned heads, we all geeked over them. I recall kids even rockin em in games in our state tournament.

The difference was there were just so few people paying attention to sneakers back then relative to the population. You picked up your one pair, you moved on. (I grabbed the black/red 1's which I still have and wear 28 years later). The rest of the world had no idea what they were, and no one who was interested thought to buy 6 pairs.

So this giant stock sat, much like sneakers did back then (yes a year or so later the XIs were still available for weeks in most sizes). It was normal. What goes on now is not normal.

6DB46218-57C5-42C8-87DA-8BAD0C92EBB9.jpeg

Further to the 1994 era, the sneakerheads were all about the 1/2/3 retros that dropped that year(ish). It still was a big deal, Jordan was a god, etc. Dudes who picked up a pair turned heads, we all geeked over them. I recall kids even rockin em in games in our state tournament.

The difference was there were just so few people paying attention to sneakers back then relative to the population. You picked up your one pair, you moved on. (I grabbed the black/red 1's which I still have and wear 28 years later). The rest of the world had no idea what they were, and no one who was interested thought to buy 6 pairs.

So this giant stock sat, much like sneakers did back then (yes a year or so later the XIs were still available for weeks in most sizes). It was normal. What goes on now is not normal.
For some reason it hit hard in 1999 and I have no idea why.

You could say it felt like MJ retiring was for real this time but I don't think that was it. I was seeing people who weren't really into sneakers and MJ buying the 1999 4s.

Maybe retro was coming back slowly overall, I know at that time there were more Air force ones and then eventually Dunks in stores. Also a few people were dabbling in Mitchell and Ness, you could even see some rappers wearing it in videos around 1998.

You know how NT does, once a mold is just slightly improved, every release prior instantly turns to "garbage" :lol:

In some cases its true (like the 11s), but a lot of time it's blown our of proportion. This new mold is clearly better, but a certain cats in here act like they're 1:1 recreations of the OG :lol:
I mean yeah. It's called a point of reference. You don't know how bad something is until the improvement comes along.

Why do you need new retros as a point of reference when HD pics of OGs and first run retros are easily found on the internet? That was besides the point anyway.
Not everyone has been following Jordan their entire lives or cares enough to go research shoe molds. The internet isn't real life, majority of people into Jordans aren't going back and comparing molds. That's a niche thing. I didn't even notice the elephant print until it was pointed out on niketalk and now that it's been pointed out it can't be unseen especially if you've copped the new mold. That release is fine with you, to others it isn't and that's ok.

Sometimes you just gotta cut the nitpicking out and just enjoy the shoes bruh :lol:
I wouldn't say I'm nitpicking in fact I'm one of the dudes who saw nothing wrong with the current mold of the Jordan 1s when this sane discussion was being made but I just like anything else in life you can't help what turns you off. I didn't even notice the ep Until Niketalk pointed it out to me, it just reminds me of those phat farms shoes with the over exaggerated thickness.

Speaking strictly to the last retro, to me the EP height is one (giant) thing - as well as the entire mold of the shoe overall. Again, these retros are steel toe boots. We are going to clown this. We have to.
Kids now do not care (why would they?) and buyers certainly don't - Buy em, wear em, enjoy what you can get. I get it. I've done it.
But to the actual definition of what the Air Jordan 3 is - this is not it. This is a takedown replica. Done poorly against the standards that Jordan Brand claims to be.

J31.png

J3.jpg

Recent non OG colors are getting better ...we're watching.

Back
Top Bottom