• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Exactly. I fully understand if you grew up with these shoes and want them to be true to the original.

But I was born in 1992. These shoes hold zero significance to me nostalgia wise. They just look pleasing to the eye.

Getting an 88 or 94 pair ain't an option for me. So these will have to do.

Indeed and completely understand. It's a tale of two generations.

For me it’s not so much about passing or not, it’s simply the fact that I know (Air Pressures, Black/Metallic V’s) Nike/JB is capable of releasing worthwhile retros, but they simply choose not to because they can get a way with it.

I have no problem with people spending their money on what they want, but when those of us who had the OGs/Better Retros see what Nike/JB are passing off to those who don’t know any better, it makes me shake myna head.

Nike/JB used to be about top notch quality and materials. You didn’t trip spending $125 USD because you were getting the best they had to offer. So when I see when I see JB charging $220 USD for those TB III from last year, and that’s what we should be expecting in February i’m like

F312CBC8-985B-4D8E-B639-978877DACF52.gif

Last edited:
For me it’s not so much about passing or not, it’s simply the fact that I know (Air Pressures, Black/Metallic V’s) Nike/JB is capable of releasing worthwhile retros, but they simply choose not to because they can get a way with it.

I have no problem with people spending their money on what they want, but when those of us who had the OGs/Better Retros see what Nike/JB are passing off to those who don’t know any better, it makes me shake myna head.

Nike/JB used to be about top notch quality and materials. You didn’t trip spending $125 USD because you were getting the best they had to offer. So when I see when I see JB charging $220 USD for those TB III from last year, and that’s what we should be expecting in February i’m like
I agree. I started buying kicks in 07 and i remember watching molds of are the 3,4,7,11, and 13 get worse and worse, and 2007 quality wasn’t that high to begin with. I want this pair of black cements because I’m not buying a shoe that will fall apart from 2001-prior. They could release better stuff, but it’s either take what they give, buy something that will fall apart, or leave it all together

I agree. I started buying kicks in 07 and i remember watching molds of are the 3,4,7,11, and 13 get worse and worse, and 2007 quality wasn’t that high to begin with. I want this pair of black cements because I’m not buying a shoe that will fall apart from 2001-prior. They could release better stuff, but it’s either take what they give, buy something that will fall apart, or leave it all together

Oh, I totally get it.

Straight catch 22: try to find a wearable pair from the past (good luck) or rock with what JB is churning out.

I suspect that decision will be made for the majority of us in this thread as these have the smack of being limited (would love to be wrong though).

I’m not sure if I should buy a half size bigger or full size because the 2016 tb3 feels a bit narrow in the toe box.

I didn't buy the tb3 last year simply because the colorway isn't a favorite of mine. But I just don't think the shoe overall was as terrible as many think in here. Everyone that's into old kicks has some sort of detail they want to see on the newest reissue. The tb3 got it right with the Bold NA on the back matching ogs. It appears this retro did the same, which is huge to me. But up to this point Ive never seen a retro to match an og.. Ever. I personally think the only way quality of a shoe is truly measured is by wearing them over time. Not by first look. These look pretty good overall guys. I'm a detail freak, but with the understanding they will never match the true original. Nothing replicated matches its original. So with that I'm sayin just enjoy the retro as is because we all know Nike gonna do what they want. I wish ALL the details were captured but I don't think its ever gonna happen on any retro. Hope they make a ton of these for us all. Merry Christmas NT.

I didn't buy the tb3 last year simply because the colorway isn't a favorite of mine. But I just don't think the shoe overall was as terrible as many think in here. Everyone that's into old kicks has some sort of detail they want to see on the newest reissue. The tb3 got it right with the Bold NA on the back matching ogs. It appears this retro did the same, which is huge to me. But up to this point Ive never seen a retro to match an og.. Ever. I personally think the only way quality of a shoe is truly measured is by wearing them over time. Not by first look. These look pretty good overall guys. I'm a detail freak, but with the understanding they will never match the true original. Nothing replicated matches its original. So with that I'm sayin just enjoy the retro as is because we all know Nike gonna do what they want. I wish ALL the details were captured but I don't think its ever gonna happen on any retro. Hope they make a ton of these for us all. Merry Christmas NT.
Best comment on this thread, But if this show is somebody's grail than I understand a little bit. Because when the Black Cement IV's come out with Nike Air , I hope they are as close to the OG as possible including Shape and Materials, btu i know I am dreaming. The best thing is the fixed the cracking issue so 4 pair min of the Blk/Rd/Cmt IV's , I will never make the mistake of selling off my Grail again

Numbers will be cut for this release according to some sneaker news sites :angry:

Not doubting you, but last I heard JB was trimming the fat, on trash CW's and keeping OG CW's pretty plentiful. It'd be plain dumb to limit shoes people will eat up (Just about any OG CW), if they start limiting OG's that could kill JB... what other cards could they play sig line is doing just OK, team shoes are trash, and about 80% of retro+'s are trash? Unless multiple restocks a year are whats in the future which I can see happening with this Amazon deal.

Y’all keep ignoring my post. Per Djfolk and Pinoe, these will have around 250k pairs. The true blue had 600k pairs. It’s not super limited but it is less than half the true blue 3. Production cut backs already started this year with the UNC 6. Expect 2018 to be similar. If you choose to not believe DJfolk and Pinoe, you’ll be disappointed this February.

Their plan is to limit Jordan icons(aka certain OGs and hyped retro+) while increasing the number of retro 1 releases

There are conflicting reports but it doesn’t matter.

Just like every release, do your homework and you will get your pairs. More than likely these will be up for reservation on the apps.

Nike’s press releases and Djfolk/Pinoe say the same things. It’s blogs and folks who don’t want these to be limited that are confusing everyone.

Y’all keep ignoring my post. Per Djfolk and Pinoe, these will have around 250k pairs. The true blue had 600k pairs. It’s not super limited but it is less than half the true blue 3. Production cut backs already started this year with the UNC 6. Expect 2018 to be similar. If you choose to not believe DJfolk and Pinoe, you’ll be disappointed this February.

Their plan is to limit Jordan icons(aka certain OGs and hyped retro+) while increasing the number of retro 1 releases

He also said that a certain Jordan 1 that released earlier this year would be as difficult to secure as its 2013 counterpart and you've seen how that turned out.

Back
Top Bottom