Air Jordan III Retro - Varsity Red/Cement Grey/Black-Varsity Red (All Star 2020)

20200130_040157.jpg
soledebrief_20200130_1.jpg
20200130_040314.jpg
soledebrief_20200130_2.jpg

Continued:

EE970CB2-21D2-4E4A-8A60-BD2634EAFE9F.jpeg
0E4EFF91-DA75-4C75-AD42-28FCF8BED59E.jpeg
7260D147-BC45-4B84-BB59-BA632152AF6E.jpeg

There are a couple areas you can see where I rushed, but I think it came out well. Most proud of the toebox elephant print section.

Total cost: about $11 USD
Time spent: 2.5 hours

I like.

Looks pretty good! You need to go around the edges where you still see red and use Kylon Matte Finish to dull the black paint and they would look even better

I will always buy a BC3 retro. They’re my favorite shoes of all time, though I do agree they’ve been butchering them. I can’t resist when it comes to that shoe.

Got my red pair in, and agree with all the comments, they are made well, build quality and all. They even feel heavier idk if its just me, but I’m glad to have these.

I hope we get a WC3/BC3 retro with this mold.

Anyone know how much a quality black upper paint job would cost? I’m sure there are some customizers who could easily/quickly do this job well. If you can find someone to do it around $100 (if it’s even possible) not including shipping costs, I think it’s well worth it to get it done professionally tbh.

Really like the white laces in em’
gives them that OFF look like something throws them off when you look at before you realize it’s the laces...

Anyone know how much a quality black upper paint job would cost? I’m sure there are some customizers who could easily/quickly do this job well. If you can find someone to do it around $100 (if it’s even possible) not including shipping costs, I think it’s well worth it to get it done professionally tbh.

I hate to name drop but 0takusamsay 0takusamsay customizes some of his shoes. He does good work from what I’ve seen

Something I’ve noticed with these is that the midsole amazingly doesn’t have any brush strokes whatsoever. They airbrushed it. That’s another looked over detail in the retooled construction

I plan on getting a little insane with my pair so depending on the out come i may be down to do others.

All im thinking about when i see pics are the damn red holes

My plan is to strip the upper clean as much as i can of the red, hit it with some bawss leather softener/conditioner, then dying the upper black, then painting + duller if need be.

I want this or as close to it as humanly possible sans midsole cracks. I think its the raw union style edges that do it for me.

1580426700231.jpeg

Best looking sneaker of all time. No debate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom