Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

those fire reds Nike Air stands out 
eek.gif

$250 for 2010 retros or $250 for 2003 retros....

2010 - icey white heel tab
2003 - probable yellow heel tab

2010 - paint is gonna chip off like CRAZY (ie fire reds, and true blues)
2003 - minor paint chipping

Im gonna go with the 2003 on this one
smile.gif

Yea if the people your buying your 2003's from know how to store their kicks properly there shouldn't be any yellowing on the heel tab, would def go with the 2003's, but a wearable pair of 94's would be better

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

smile.gif

i'd rather have the '03 too, but waiting til the RD, and getting a discount you could get the new ones for 105 each, which means 210 for 2 pairs
eek.gif

Originally Posted by king0033

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

smile.gif

i'd rather have the '03 too, but waiting til the RD, and getting a discount you could get the new ones for 105 each, which means 210 for 2 pairs
eek.gif
Yeah but if they 2010 pairs is anything like last years true blues (and judging by the "shiny" leather it most probably is) then comfort wise the 2010 is gonna SLACK big time... With a discount like that though it would be a tough desicion

Wasnt the paint chipping issue dealt with on some of the more recent retros already? My pair of Anny 3s have been worn 10 times and have no chipping problems.

Originally Posted by maulrat

Wasnt the paint chipping issue dealt with on some of the more recent retros already? My pair of Anny 3s have been worn 10 times and have no chipping problems.

I've worn my TB III's for more than a year now and haven't seen any paint chipping, and they're very comfortable. 

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

worn my fire reds at least 20 times and they still look ds...no chipping whatsoever
im not calling you a liar but thats hard beleave mine chipped after 5 wears and i weigh 170

^^ maybe a humidity thing? Im in Hawaii and these things look like OG fire reds with the paint peeling and chipping off like crazy
frown.gif
(keep in mind from once a month casual wears)

You guys all know the deal with the new(er) midsoles & the chipping. It can be
rapid. The mystery has been solved. Silly to debate whether or not or how much really.

But on the good side - the midsole itself might not crack like the older ones.
And by the way...the older midsole paint cracks too...are you gonna care that
much in 10+ years when your joints are still wearable?

Major's vid didn't do these justice. Stickies video made them look real good. But as far as chipping, I'm not concerned because i wore my Cdp 3s 10+ times with no sign of any of that.

Originally Posted by maulrat

I think it's just the Annies. I beat my IVs to the extreme playing tennis, and worn them at least 20 times like this. They don't even show any cracking, much less actually chipping, and I don't think any JB paint can really withstand that kind of pressure. Some scuffs, sure, but I don't think they even have paint on the midsole. They might not have been painted at all - just matte white TPU. 

I wasn't into Jordans back in 03 nor could I have afforded them at the time. But def this time it will go to the collection closet

Back
Top Bottom