Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Originally Posted by gssazabi

Finally picked up a pair in my size(9.5), and I was surprised it fits noticeably bigger than my 2001 Blk/cement, Fire Reds, and CDPs. Too bad I couldn't try them on first.

My 9.5 was way too big...took a chance Sunday on taking them back for a 9. Ended up scooping another pair too. Local FNL still has almost a FSR.

Originally Posted by poloman1211

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by BigDaWg1688

to everyone saying these are too shiny and afraid of the midsole chipping, try using Matte Finish. it comes in a spray can and you can get it at a art supply store. The shine of the uppers will be taken away and will look more like the 2003s. in addition to that, the midsole will have a extra layer of protection to prevent the paint from cracking. when I used to repaint shoes, I sprayed Matte finish after I got done and it gave the shoes a factory look. Don't go crazy with it, a light coat will do.

as far as the creasing, use wearable shoe trees. I put them in my White/Cements when I tried them on. Not only did they take up the extra room in the toebox, they worked so well that the leather hasnt budged (meaning NO creases). I swear by these btw.

as evidenced on my sole dying methods, I'd like to think some of you guys heed my advice
do you have pics of the wearable shoes trees and where do you get them form.

thanks

wearableshoetrees.com. My shoes don't even get creases anymore with these. If you have creases in your shoes already, they kinda push the crease up so they look less noticeable.

All sizes available at wellgosh.com. These guys ship fast from the UK (3-5 business days).

$163 shipped to the US. Limit 2 per customers. Go get 'em, boys!

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

I love these, don't get me wrong but even my brother who is no crazy shoe head asked me "them bodega joints?" lol I was tight but I can understand why; mostly because theyre super shiny plus he heard me briefly tell my cuzzo how the cement print was darker. It's a shame. Here's also another reason why I'm disappointed also:
Notice the ankle support difference (2011 on the left, 2003 on the right).
30t6p3b.gif
you can't even hoop in these.

Were u really planning to ball in these if the padding were a little thicker? Or do u use your 03 to ball?

Finishline always does that then they hold your $$ for weeks and send you a cancellation notice.
I'd only order off of finishline weeks after RD. That's just me tho.

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

I love these, don't get me wrong but even my brother who is no crazy shoe head asked me "them bodega joints?" lol I was tight but I can understand why; mostly because theyre super shiny plus he heard me briefly tell my cuzzo how the cement print was darker. It's a shame. Here's also another reason why I'm disappointed also:

Notice the ankle support difference (2011 on the left, 2003 on the right).
30t6p3b.gif
you can't even hoop in these.
Money did though. Even won the slam dunk contest in them (the limited padding one).

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

Finishline always does that then they hold your $$ for weeks and send you a cancellation notice.

And so does every other online shoe company.  That is the trade-off for not getting them in person.  An FSR is different than a few scattered sizes in terms of inventory as it implies a new shipment.

Ordered a GS size pair for my girl yesterday morning from Swoosh. It shipped last night. Should be here tomorrow. Nike always comes through with the fast processing/shipping for me
pimp.gif

Easy cop for me (NYC) called a couple of stores and most of them had my size. Decided to go with the Modells in Times Square. Was in and out of the store in 5 minutes, also got to use a 10.00 off coupon from checking in with foursquare so 
pimp.gif
. So yea more pics, like we need em

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Money did though. Even won the slam dunk contest in them (the limited padding one).

I think you're reading it backwards.

OG's didn't have limited padding either.

Purchased mine at noon yesterday and nbastore already had them shipped that night and are due to arrive tomorrow. Talk about quick turnaround time with standard shipping

Originally Posted by glo1980

Just the fact that the Tongue on the 2003 version is way better without the holes...

og tongue had "holes," but just going off of ur post count (which means nothing, i know) and statement i'm gonna go out on a limb and say u weren't on the scene back then. hell, i was barely on the scene at 9 years old.
laugh.gif
, my how time flies.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jaysexxin

Hello,
I also bought from mental kicks.  I bought 2 pairs from Mental kicks; size 9 and size 10.  I have 10.5 from Champs.  Call me weird but I smell my shoes and as soon as I smelled the MK shoes, I could tell something was off.  The smell is completely different of that from the pair from Champs. I took a total of 66 pictures.  Here are a few pictures.  Let me know if you can spot the mental kicks shoes.

1.  The retro card

2.  Inside of the shoe box.  I spy one not like the other ones...

3.  Picture of the tag on the box cover.  I spy one not like the other ones...

4.  Funny how the box cover for the 10.5 is smaller than the box for the 10.

5.  What's missing?

6.  Perforation  near the lace holes

Mental Kicks

Champs

Notice the arrangement.  

I haven't put the shoes on.  If there is anyone else who has bought from mental kicks, please PM me.  I am contacting them as soon as possible via email.

Thank you!
Bottom line is:
Early release shoes are NOT the same as retail version shoes. I would be careful purchasing early release shoes.

Originally Posted by DZaster

FINISHLINE RESTOCK:

http://www.finishline.com...rod670687&cid=fbfinl

Anyone who orders from Finishline, I hope you're not dependent on them. They're more like a plus if you already have them, so you aren't crushed when you get that e-mail.

Being that they didn't sell out everywhere and they come from stores, you'll probably get them, but they also have random cancellations that aren't even dependent on when you ordered.

these mofos doing this to me now. They were ordered just past midnight and still havent shipped because billing and shipping addresses were different. All the contact information they ask you for and no one uses it to tell you there is a problem.

FNL does not want me calling and japping on them everyday if I don't get my !%@+.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

these mofos doing this to me now. They were ordered just past midnight and still havent shipped because billing and shipping addresses were different. All the contact information they ask you for and no one uses it to tell you there is a problem.

FNL does not want me calling and japping on them everyday if I don't get my !%@+.
mad.gif

Sorry dude, I would never depend on FNL for anything. I've had horror stories with them. They hold your money then cancel on you later all the time.

Good luck getting your pair.

but why do they do that @%*% Zero? I never order online. This happened b/c I traded a pair with a friend from VA and I'm in Chicago. In hindsight, I should have had him send me the money. I'm pissed right now.

Originally Posted by BigDaWg1688

to everyone saying these are too shiny and afraid of the midsole chipping, try using Matte Finish. it comes in a spray can and you can get it at a art supply store. The shine of the uppers will be taken away and will look more like the 2003s. in addition to that, the midsole will have a extra layer of protection to prevent the paint from cracking. when I used to repaint shoes, I sprayed Matte finish after I got done and it gave the shoes a factory look. Don't go crazy with it, a light coat will do.

as far as the creasing, use wearable shoe trees. I put them in my White/Cements when I tried them on. Not only did they take up the extra room in the toebox, they worked so well that the leather hasnt budged (meaning NO creases). I swear by these btw.

as evidenced on my sole dying methods, I'd like to think some of you guys heed my advice.

Is the Matte Finish made by Krylon?
yeah thats the one. that stuff works great

so i just apply it the same way i would apply water/stain repellent?

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

but why do they do that @%*% Zero? I never order online. This happened b/c I traded a pair with a friend from VA and I'm in Chicago. In hindsight, I should have had him send me the money. I'm pissed right now.

Simply put, it's Finishline. I remember when the CDP XI/XII's restocked I ordered two packs on their FSR Restock. I received neither of them. When I called FNL CS, they kept telling me to wait because they were trying to get the store that had the pack to ship them to me. It pretty much boils down to them putting sizes up that the retail stores inventory are supposed to have. Yes, they might have them in the system and the inventory, but it's up to the store to ship them out to you. On my CDP Packs, the store held onto them and said that they didn't have the packs in store. I asked the CSR to give me the store's phone number that they were supposed to be at. I called and sure enough, they had my pack when I asked if they had any in stock in my size. They just did not want to ship it out...

So not only did I get shafted, but I also had my money tied up for 2 weeks. Not cool at all. I learned my lesson. Never EVER dealing with Finishline again.

Back
Top Bottom