AIR JORDAN IV “ Lightning” - AUGUST 28th, 2021 - Shoe of the year voted by NikeTalk

i know exactly what you’re talking about with that “spill”. My pair from Goat was atrocious. I had to return. Waiting on my replacement pair today
C18C6670-B50C-4FA9-A572-EF5A7857B2A2.png
CD00E345-0962-4C72-919C-5D585636063E.png
2C75BB38-B588-4440-B39A-32610478A5C5.jpeg

Surprised they let you return these as those are QC issues, not authenticity issues. These platforms aren't responsible for Nike QC.

Yeah.. defects are a different thing. And with Goat they list the shoes with a certain defect.. you should include everything. The pair I got had a defect that wasn't included and you could not see from pics..

These platforms are nasty when
anything goes left.

Don’t remember if I posted already but I ended up with a pretty clean pair. Wish I had held out for resell to drop to $260ish but I’m happy either way.
C8EFCC03-F252-4123-99A6-E0894F7C706B.jpeg
A69DCBF7-F50C-45C8-85D9-43CC9691CFCE.jpeg
378D46BB-1CD4-4A77-A94E-E88A2D28D7A9.jpeg
A7BD9419-4FCD-4EC9-A244-8EA3AA6A2008.jpeg
44F1B51D-AA0C-432E-B443-FA1CEA0EA3DD.jpeg
See I knew when I had the lightnings they looked like the thunder yellow but someone said it wasn't. Were both right it wasn't the midsole color but it was the tongue. Wish nike brought the same golden yellow that the 2012s had

I told Sole Seriouss they have tile EOB tomorrow to send me my pair or refund me, or else I file a chargeback. They were supposed to ship by last Tues. :smh:

UPDATE:
OK, respect to the guy(s) at Sole Seriouss. Straight up told me they don't have my size yet, offered me a pair half-up or a refund and when I asked for the refund they immediately processed it with my card. Can't complain about that, and I'll probably give them another shot in the future. Ultimately it'll end up saving me like $60 anyway, so no worries.

Last edited:
bklynsfinest, GOAT has been slacking lately with checking these shoes. They sent me a pair that has clearly been worn/tried on and should have been listed as such. Sending those joints back.

Honestly, could be Flightclub doing that mess, since Goat is partnered with them. Years ago, I remember selling a pair of Yeezys in store. There was a dude in front of me with maybe 20 pairs that he was selling. They were too busy dapping and shaking his hand, instead of checking the shoes that he was dropping off. They simply put tags on his boxes and took them all downstairs to the stock room. Meanwhile, they checked my 1 pair as if I was a crook.

bklynsfinest, GOAT has been slacking lately with checking these shoes. They sent me a pair that has clearly been worn/tried on and should have been listed as such. Sending those joints back.
GOAT has been slacking with a lot. They recently either lost or couldn’t figure out what happened to a few pairs of shoes I’d recently purchased and placed in storage. Took over a month to get my money back. All I wanted were the dang shoes.

GOAT has been slacking with a lot. They recently either lost or couldn’t figure out what happened to a few pairs of shoes I’d recently purchased and placed in storage. Took over a month to get my money back. All I wanted were the dang shoes.

Yeah, I’ve heard that they’re tripping lately. Bae received a pair of COJP Jordan 1’s with stains all over one shoe. They tried to charge her shipping to return them, but she fought for about a month. FOH with that

Joe La Puma was wearing these on the most recent episode of Sneaker Shopping, with CM Punk.

They look nice.

CM Punk bought the Bred 1s and the Varsity Reds.

i got a pair of lightnings from goat and it looked like somebody tried them on was tip toeing around the stock room. pairs was all crinkled up and had blemishes. sent those joints right back...copped another pair for cheaper on stock x and they look better but still the qc on these lightnings are terrible

I KNOW THERE IS A LOT OF HATE TOWARDS STOCKX BUT THEY ARE WAY BETTER THAN GOAT. GOAT IS TRASH. I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH SX(OUTSIDE OF THEIR HIGH A** FEES :lol:)

THE ONLY THING GOAT HAS THAT I LIKE IS, YOU CAN SELL USED ON THERE.

STOCKX IS MY GO TO EVERYTIME🤷🏾‍♂️ AND I LIKE WHEN I BUY A PAIR THAT JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE COMING FROM OVERSEAS, THEY USE DHL AND I GET MY KICKS FAST AF!

I KNOW THERE IS A LOT OF HATE TOWARDS STOCKX BUT THEY ARE WAY BETTER THAN GOAT. GOAT IS TRASH. I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH SX(OUTSIDE OF THEIR HIGH A** FEES :lol:)

THE ONLY THING GOAT HAS THAT I LIKE IS, YOU CAN SELL USED ON THERE.

STOCKX IS MY GO TO EVERYTIME🤷🏾‍♂️ AND I LIKE WHEN I BUY A PAIR THAT JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE COMING FROM OVERSEAS, THEY USE DHL AND I GET MY KICKS FAST AF!
I’m honestly switching to eBay for a while. I’m interested it what they have to offer, especially saving in the fees.

I like goats pricing but I either get my shoes super late, they get lost in storage, or I don’t get them at all. And they don’t even compensate with a discount code or anything. Kinda wack service, so I’m out.

I’m honestly switching to eBay for a while. I’m interested it what they have to offer, especially saving in the fees.

I like goats pricing but I either get my shoes super late, they get lost in storage, or I don’t get them at all. And they don’t even compensate with a discount code or anything. Kinda wack service, so I’m out.
One of the best things about ebay imo is that you can see the actual pair you’re potentially buying. With Nike QC being Nike QC, I don’t feel comfortable spending a lot on a pair from Goat or StockX, especially since I assume a lot of people who get pairs with QC issues will dump them on those platforms.

One of the best things about ebay imo is that you can see the actual pair you’re potentially buying. With Nike QC being Nike QC, I don’t feel comfortable spending a lot on a pair from Goat or StockX, especially since I assume a lot of people who get pairs with QC issues will dump them on those platforms.

Exactly why I went to ebay for carmines because of that pink midsole debacle. Got a perfect pair DS in my hyper rare 12.5.

I recently bought two pairs of University Blue 4s from ebay and it's looking very likely that at least one of them is a fake, possibly both.

So I don't have a ton of confidence in their "authenticity guarantee" right now.

Back
Top Bottom