AIR JORDAN IV “ Lightning” - AUGUST 28th, 2021 - Shoe of the year voted by NikeTalk

One pair wasn't authenticated.

The pair that was authenticated has the 23 tag facing the wrong way on one of the shoes.

So it's possible that the authenticated pair may be a fake.

I'm getting them checked out by check check and/or legitcheck.

Hmm yeah that is sus. Hope it's real fam.

I’m honestly switching to eBay for a while. I’m interested it what they have to offer, especially saving in the fees.

I like goats pricing but I either get my shoes super late, they get lost in storage, or I don’t get them at all. And they don’t even compensate with a discount code or anything. Kinda wack service, so I’m out.

I GOT MY BRED YEEZY 350 THRU EBAY AUTHENTIC, MY ONLY COMPLAINT, TOOK WAY TOO LONG TO GET. AT THE TIME SELLER DIDNT HAVE A 2-DAY SHIPPING TIME, IDK IF THEY HAVE SINCE CHANGED THAT.

One of the best things about ebay imo is that you can see the actual pair you’re potentially buying. With Nike QC being Nike QC, I don’t feel comfortable spending a lot on a pair from Goat or StockX, especially since I assume a lot of people who get pairs with QC issues will dump them on those platforms.
That’s exactly why I went to eBay for my J 1 university blue’s. With all the glue stains those had there was no way I was paying $400+ and not seeing the pair I was buying. I love those so much that I wasn’t even mad I paid resell. If I got a glue stained pair, I definitely wouldn’t have felt the same way.

I KNOW THERE IS A LOT OF HATE TOWARDS STOCKX BUT THEY ARE WAY BETTER THAN GOAT. GOAT IS TRASH. I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH SX(OUTSIDE OF THEIR HIGH A** FEES :lol:)

THE ONLY THING GOAT HAS THAT I LIKE IS, YOU CAN SELL USED ON THERE.

STOCKX IS MY GO TO EVERYTIME🤷🏾‍♂️ AND I LIKE WHEN I BUY A PAIR THAT JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE COMING FROM OVERSEAS, THEY USE DHL AND I GET MY KICKS FAST AF!

Neither platform is perfect, however I still prefer Goat because of the option of returning. SX will just tell you that you’re SOL. I even bought a pair of XI’s for a friend once on SX, and the laces had ketchup smudged on them. I guess the authenticator was eating French fries. Cleaned it myself and gave it to my friend smh

I recently bought two pairs of University Blue 4s from ebay and it's looking very likely that at least one of them is a fake, possibly both.

So I don't have a ton of confidence in their "authenticity guarantee" right now.
I saw your other post and I tend to side with what most seem to say. I think the authenticated pair is in fact authentic, where the “ customized “ pair is not. On the customized pair the jumpman isn’t as close to the bottom of the heel tab like it is on authentic pairs and the black spackle or spatter is a lot heavier than authentic pairs. The material is or looks different than the authentic pair as well. Do you happen to have a black light ? If you do you can use it to look for guide lines which rep 4’s typically have. On 4’s they use them to line up the heel tab and around the netting above the toebox area. They sometimes have them around the side netting areas too. Let us know what you find out when you have them authenticated by the 3rd parties you mentioned.

I GOT MY BRED YEEZY 350 THRU EBAY AUTHENTIC, MY ONLY COMPLAINT, TOOK WAY TOO LONG TO GET. AT THE TIME SELLER DIDNT HAVE A 2-DAY SHIPPING TIME, IDK IF THEY HAVE SINCE CHANGED THAT.
I recently copped a pair of white/infrared Jordan 6’s. They shipped to The authentication center from Florida, then authenticated and shipped to me in Massachusetts. Start to finish was 5 days. I was really impressed because it was ridiculously fast.

Just yesterday I ordered a pair of Slam Dunk 6’s via eBay and they arrive at the authentication center tomorrow. Provided they authenticate them tomorrow I’ll have these pretty quickly as well.

I saw your other post and I tend to side with what most seem to say. I think the authenticated pair is in fact authentic, where the “ customized “ pair is not. On the customized pair the jumpman isn’t as close to the bottom of the heel tab like it is on authentic pairs and the black spackle or spatter is a lot heavier than authentic pairs. The material is or looks different than the authentic pair as well. Do you happen to have a black light ? If you do you can use it to look for guide lines which rep 4’s typically have. On 4’s they use them to line up the heel tab and around the netting above the toebox area. They sometimes have them around the side netting areas too. Let us know what you find out when you have them authenticated by the 3rd parties you mentioned.

Thank you sir.

...this was a very thoughtful, helpful response.🙏

16B12BB6-DDEA-4755-B302-5859C9B8C3DB.jpeg

Loving these. This is the most I've worn a pair of Jordans in a while

Called my nearest FNL to see if they got Lightnings in and the dude said they'd gotten them right after they released and sold out, then got a small restock a few weeks later and sold them out, too.

Think I'll just grab them off ebay for about $250, unless someone here has an extra sz 10 they want to oop for a fair price :nerd:

Meantime, I think I'm gonna list a bunch of stuff on ebay since I'm sick of StockX raising their fees. I'll hook folks up with an NT discount after I list them if anyone's interested. I'll have wmns Mushroom 4s, GS Uni Blue 4s, some 1s, some old Dunks in great condition, a couple of 350s and some high-end stuff like OW 5s and OG Travis AJ1 Lows.

Finally got me a pair. Does anyone else's pair have slightly different color laces than the actual shoe itself? Pictures don't do it justice as I took a pic and it looks fine, but in person I can notice. Nothing I'm complaining about though lol.

Never had the OG 06 pair btw and only saw them in pics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom