Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

This is plain and simple wrong.

How can you say this when there are multiple pictures posted on here of the OGs and 1999s showing the slanted toe.

This is literally on the previous page...
dcb3cddf-aa2f-4e6a-a50e-6037f121c642-jpeg.2318820
I had the originals in 1990. If you look at 10 different originals now, you might have 10 different toe box shapes. After wear and/or 30 years, nothing is consistent. In that pic alone, the shade of red and cement are different and black as well. You wouldn't compare the colors now to the colors then, right?

Was the toe box more sleek than it is now? Sure.

Was it over stated and "bullet like" like most people's iron jobs? No

I saw that picture and others and my comment was about people iron jobs as it relates to the original more so than the original itself

Last edited:
you're likely looking at bespoke customs from nikelab which is a program offered in only a few locations across the world. appointments are filled months in advance and you get to sit through a 5-8 hour design session with a nike design team to go through your inspirations and color/material options. all this for the low low price of $1000. the only models available are air force 1s and air max 1s.

with that said, if they ever introduced the option to bespoke jordan models, that would be absolutely insane.
The session is 2 hours and appointments are available almost anytime

I’d pay good money to have my own 3s built from scratch (colors, materials, cut etc)

I had the originals in 1990. If you look at 10 different originals now, you might have 10 different toe box shapes. After wear and/or 30 years, nothing is consistent. In that pic alone, the shade of red and cement are different and black as well. You wouldn't compare the colors now to the colors then, right?

Was the toe box more sleek than it is now? Sure.

Was it over stated and "bullet like" like most people's iron jobs? No

I saw that picture and others and my comment was about people iron jobs as it relates to the original more so than the original itself
Dude you are wrong. Multiple different pictures of OGs show you are wrong. Even pics from back in the day. We also have pics and videos of the 1999s which is closer to the OGs than any other retro version.

Here is a catalog pic showing the slanted toe box too...
air-jordan-iv-original-1989-catalog-2.jpg

Maybe you don't understand the effect dudes are looking for by ironing their shoes.

Dude you are wrong. Multiple different pictures of OGs show you are wrong. Even pics from back in the day. We also have pics and videos of the 1999s.

Here is a catalog pic showing the slanted toe box too...
air-jordan-iv-original-1989-catalog-2.jpg

Maybe you don't understand the effect dudes are looking for by ironing their shoes.
Again you're reading what you want to read and not exercising proper reading comprehension techniques.

So let me make it easy...

I'm dissing poor iron jobs, not the original.

I don't come here to debate. Back to the shoes homie

Again you're reading what you want to read and not exercising proper reading comprehension techniques.

So let me make it easy...

I'm dissing poor iron jobs, not the original.

Back to the shoes homie
:lol: :lol:

You have no idea what you were talking about famb.

I know you are not dissing the OGs. It is clear now you don't know why people iron the toebox. They would do it specifically recreate the slant that was present on the OGs and 99s but missing on the last couple releases.

White cuts for this 4 release are gonna be like contrast for the Black/inf 6 release I see. Some pairs have em and some don’t :nerd:

Had they at least came with the grey/white edges people probably wouldn’t even care about the toe box or NA as much. Adding it would’ve gone a long way with this release. Maybe next time.

:lol: :lol:

You have no idea what you were talking about famb.

I know you are not dissing the OGs. It is clear now you don't know why people iron the toebox. They would do it specifically recreate the slant that was present on the OGs and 99s but missing on the last couple releases.
I know why people iron the toe boxes. They just don't do a good job of recreating the original.
With a stretching shoe tree, moisture and thumb pressure, you can get closer to the original. To iron it until it becomes bullet shaped is overkill and not like the original.

Just enjoy the shoes man. You don't have to try to kick knowledge to justify your self worth in this thread. You're already a king.

Those white lines were a natural effect from cutting the material used at that time. What they're using today doesn't cut like that. I can't see artificially adding them coming out properly, and would be a lot more effort/cost.

In wearing my pair I can see them becoming more prominent with time actually...Seems like they’ll fray a little with use of that makes sense...

Those white lines were a natural effect from cutting the material used at that time. What they're using today doesn't cut like that. I can't see artificially adding them coming out properly, and would be a lot more effort/cost.

All they have to do is source a material that’s similar to what they’re already using which does cut like that. A few retros have had it recently. Black metallic 5s comes to mind. They can make it happen if they wanted to, easily.

We have been over this, and it is simply not true.

Other Nike shoes over the years have had the lines. The 2016 5s, the Air Force 180 Mids, even the Jordan 7 lows from last year have them...

Some Chinese fakes of this release even have them. You guys are making stuff up to defend JB's laziness. Enjoy the shoes for what they are, cool, but let us not act like JB could not have easily done better.

I feel like they seriously believe they’re making an improvement by blacking out the lines. Like the playoff 11. Not understanding people want the shoe exactly how it used to be. If you wanna make improvements or changes do it in quality and materials. Jordan protros is what we should be getting.

I know why people iron the toe boxes. They just don't do a good job of recreating the original.
With a stretching shoe tree, moisture and thumb pressure, you can get closer to the original. To iron it until it becomes bullet shaped is overkill and not like the original.

Just enjoy the shoes man. You don't have to try to kick knowledge to justify your self worth in this thread. You're already a king.
Dude you clearly didn't know what you were talking about so you tried to move the goal post around.

Spare me the corniness though. You can enjoy the shoes, but I am not gonna give JB money for this lazy release.

Back
Top Bottom