Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Still havent seen in hand but Im critical of 4's and these arent without flaws. I still think they seem to look good overall when you dont overanalyze.

IMO the BC3 were the opposite. They had flaws and look like Krusty the clown shoes to beat a dead horse.
I agree. Jokes or criticisms were made before rd, and after rd, we can make a little improvements here and there.

Can’t say the 2012s are better quality wise. Ok the materials might feel better to the touch but that automatically offsets due to the horrible midsoles

Fine. Everybody charmcitykid charmcitykid believes the 2012 version is better than the ‘19 version. Happy now? By the way show us your ‘89 and ‘99 pair since you own them.

The vast majority dont sweat or lose sleep over the toebox to the point of putting an iron to it.

And comparing these to 09-17 AM1 is laughable. These aren't even in the same ballpark. You're just doing too much.

I'm sorry, but where did I ever say that I personally ironed any of my sneakers? lmao.

I think you misunderstood me. I was simply just explaining the fact that ironing a pair of sneakers to reshape the toe box is nothing new. Period.

Don't lie, the shape of most retro AM1s have been trash man.

Like I've said in my previous statement, these are just sneakers. They're cool and all but you don't have to get your panties in a bunch.

-Drew

‘12 was NOT better quality. Stop. Please. And mixing and matching is not a necessity on any version. That’s something someone has to want to do. Most people won’t even think to mix and match pairs. Saying the ‘12 is better quality is BS tho. You’re obviously just looking for attention.
I HAD to mix and match on this release to find flawless pairs that actually matched and I know I damn sure wasnt the only one. dudes so quick to rebut and sound stupid af

Can’t say the 2012s are better quality wise. Ok the materials might feel better to the touch but that automatically offsets due to the horrible midsoles

Doesn’t even feel better to the touch. It’s cheap thick horse hair nubuck. Not even true to what’s supposed to be the original characteristics of the shoe. 2012 is utter garbage in comparison to pretty much any other version of this shoe and everybody knows it except for charmcitykid charmcitykid and couple of other attention seekers.

this is all I was saying as far as quality. the uppers. and thanks bc you just proved my point. the upper is better quality on the '12. also the left and right shoes were more uniform so no need to mix and match. these are QUALITY issues!

People are so addicted to the need to be “different” even if it means spouting out blatant bs. You all know damn well these are miles better than the 2012s.
I didn’t use the term miles away

I like my UNDS ‘11 Playoff 13’s and I bet the next time they come out it won’t be as good.

Check out how big these heel tabs are on the 2012 and how low the bottom of the heel tabs sits lol
20150607_204517.jpg

And of course, we all know bout the midsole paint cracking that gets progressively worse with each step you take wearing these
20150612_180834.jpg

Comfort wise the 2012s are stiffer than cardboard. No flexibility whatsoever. At the time they used cheaper quality, cost cutting insoles because economy was barely recovering from the recession. unlike the ones they're using now, which are way more comfortable.

On a side note, I had 3 pairs of 2012s and I sold em all within a year of rd.

attention? FOH! :lol: I just explained in detail why I said what I said. u, on the the other, simply gave a USELESS opinion with no reasoning to back it up, which looks more like attention seeking. so why would anyone give any Merritt to your OPINION?

comfort is subjective and debatable since everyone has different feet. shape, jumpman and midsole chipping were the issues with '12. the UPPER 9n the '12 was better quality is all I was saying and I'm standing by that. if you dont have both to compare, u should probably just shut up.

:nerd:
Exactly, these cats are weird.

Prolly going off memory from ‘12

I’m holding both in my hands and the ‘12s are my babies.

19’s are step children.

You doing this all wrong homie.

U tryna be a sneaker head or you like sneakers?
I appreciate MJ and what he's done for the game of basketball. I still firmly believe that there is no one that can match him when it comes to determination and athleticism in regards to the sport. Tinker Hatfield's designs are incredible and timeless. The way he found inspiration thru Michael's athletic grace as well as interests (like the 6s being inspired by his Porsche) is not only amazing but inspiring as a designer myself. Then there's the history associated with each Jordan and how each represents a different milestone in MJ's career too. I'm here because I'm interested in learning more about Jordan's and the legend himself. Hopefully that answers your question.

“Great quality upper and more uniform shoe from left to right on the 2012.” In what world? As if dudes didn’t mix and match shoes in 2012. There’s always people that do that on any shoe. Dude is crazy.

When I wore my 2012s with shorts, I couldn’t wear low socks or else they’d tear up the back of my heels from the hard plastic touching as I walked. I’d literally have little red cut mark imprints where they’d touch after a day of wear. I hope the 2019s don’t have that problem. They were stiff too and killed my pinkie toe until I broke them in. The 2019 doesn’t feel that way at all from trying them on.

When I wore my 2012s with shorts, I couldn’t wear low socks or else they’d tear up the back of my heels from the hard plastic touching as I walked. I’d literally have little red cut mark imprints where they’d touch after a day of wear. I hope the 2019s don’t have that problem.

They won’t because they used a softer rubber this time unlike the ‘12 where it feels like they used hard sharpened plastic that digs into your achilles.

I appreciate MJ and what he's done for the game of basketball. I still firmly believe that there is no one that can match him when it comes to determination and athleticism in regards to the sport. Tinker Hatfield's designs are incredible and timeless. The way he found inspiration thru Michael's athletic grace as well as interests (like the 6s being inspired by his Porsche) is not only amazing but inspiring as a designer myself. Then there's the history associated with each Jordan and how each represents a different milestone in MJ's career too. I'm here because I'm interested in learning more about Jordan's and the legend himself. Hopefully that answers your question.
Might have to sig this reply.

This was the best explanation I ever heard not coming from a sneaker head.

I truly appreciate your response

Good answer man. You'll definitely learn you a thing or 2 by hanging around this forum. I definitely have.

Back
Top Bottom