Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Thats what I was saying about the stitching. Its back to the OG style. It looked so cheap just stitched even with the bottom of the wing

I'm an OG fan, but never understood why people care about this stitching. Back in the day they probably didn't have the manufacturing precision to only stitch where it's needed under the wing. There are so many other details and shape issues, I don't get why people like stitching in places where it adds no value other than to be the same as the OG. If they gave us the OG jagged tongue shape would people like that?

4E43A735-96BE-4143-8616-4A44BC522425.jpeg

Are those og or 99’s on the bottom? Either way I really hope they turn out like in these pics.

Curious as to how we are getting pics of these so quick but why it took ages for the Infrareds.

I'm an OG fan, but never understood why people care about this stitching. Back in the day they probably didn't have the manufacturing precision to only stitch where it's needed under the wing. There are so many other details and shape issues, I don't get why people like stitching in places where it adds no value other than to be the same as the OG. If they gave us the OG jagged tongue shape would people like that?

Because it means they’re paying attention to the details.

I dismissed UAs from Hanzuying too. However, the good folks in the Infrared thread were definitely right about certain UAs being what we’ll actually get. The retail pairs for the Infrared and many of Hanzuying and Even wop’s pairs look the same. IMO, if the Hanzuying pics show better height and Durabuck, I’m sure that’s what we’re getting.
Here’s the differences I spotted so far.
F1CE223E-714A-452D-85A8-0889AD563E7B.jpeg
56C92BB4-1B4D-440E-B83B-82CEA163048A.jpeg
600F0263-8D94-432C-B5FF-BAAC931715C1.jpeg

Hmmm...

I’m not getting my hopes up because these look SUPER FUGAZI, like the flea market jawns for $34.99.

But if in fact these fools in Beaverton FINALLY fixed these and we get the first proper shape IV since the 2000 blings, I’m gonna have to give it up to them.

This will also raise expectations for other models that need to be fixed. 2s, 3s, 12s.

EFCFF515-FEE0-4225-93C0-D2781CE4AC8C.png
It’s actually not. They are higher. Take a look again.
Maybe they’re a couple mm higher than before but no, this is how the shoe should look.

Look how much of a gap there is from the bottom of the “Air” to the midsole compared to the 2019 pair. Even with that big gap the top of the pull tab is even with the top of the ankle collar. On the 2019 pair the pull tab is way higher than the collar.

I was also wondering

Is there no objectivity with OG’s?

Like what if the things they changed actually kind of looked ****ty of the originals

Are we allowed to say things about the original sucked or nah

Back
Top Bottom