Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I also can't wait for the Fire Reds. I think I'd bite on the Militaries as well. I might be the only one, but I really don't care for the cool greys; hate leather wings....need plastic wings on all my 4s! And it just looks so bland. Fire Reds with OG branding and improved shape would be amazing.

IMG_20190506_180756_725.jpg

Dang! Y'all just gonna bag on dude with the sad *** post? Hahaha...Funny but that's crappy. Kinda like his weekend. But hey....You still went to "the beach.....Boyyeeeeee!!"

I also can't wait for the Fire Reds. I think I'd bite on the Militaries as well. I might be the only one, but I really don't care for the cool greys; hate leather wings....need plastic wings on all my 4s! And it just looks so bland. Fire Reds with OG branding and improved shape would be amazing.
To this day I can't get down with the militaries, and it's totally irrational and childish. The IV was the first Jordan I ever got, back in '89. My small school actually sort of had a thing about sneakers as part of our culture, even way back then. We were at times brutal on each other; no idea why, in retrospect, but it was sort of the thing back then to label a lot of shoes ugly, or wack, or whatever. Every time any of us got a new pair of sneakers, it was 50/50 on whether you'd get love or hate for them when you showed up at school with them on for the first time. And for whatever nonsensical reason, everyone basically clowned on the militaries as like the Jordan IV you got only because you couldn't somehow get the fire reds or black or white cements. All these years later, it's burned so permanently into my mind that I just can't see myself in them, even though they aren't a bad colorway at all. As I've gotten older over the years, I've pretty much been able to let go of every negative mental holdover from my youth, but I can never shake this one for some reason :lol:

I actually don’t mind leather wings on 4s, but IMO it’s best on 4s with perforated sides (think Columbia 4s) as opposed to the plastic netting.

To this day I can't get down with the militaries, and it's totally irrational and childish. The IV was the first Jordan I ever got, back in '89. My small school actually sort of had a thing about sneakers as part of our culture, even way back then. We were at times brutal on each other; no idea why, in retrospect, but it was sort of the thing back then to label a lot of shoes ugly, or wack, or whatever. Every time any of us got a new pair of sneakers, it was 50/50 on whether you'd get love or hate for them when you showed up at school with them on for the first time. And for whatever nonsensical reason, everyone basically clowned on the militaries as like the Jordan IV you got only because you couldn't somehow get the fire reds or black or white cements. All these years later, it's burned so permanently into my mind that I just can't see myself in them, even though they aren't a bad colorway at all. As I've gotten older over the years, I've pretty much been able to let go of every negative mental holdover from my youth, but I can never shake this one for some reason :lol:
I’ve only ever thought the Militarys were just aight. Not awful by any stretch of the imagination, but not amazing IMO.

With the Concords..i think less people doubled up and tripled up. For these 4s..people wanted 2 pairs minimum..and also needed even more pairs to scoop for a family member or friend...soo yea... it wasn’t that easy to get these. I’m just glad i got my size at retail

A little funny, but it makes sense for sure. The first pair I could ever get up with in a non bulls color was the aqua 8. Everything else had to be bulls colors or bust. Maybe others in your school felt the same. Still I never clowned on a pair of Js. I was always in the "last years" club.

Heh...I could see that happening! So which colorway did you have back then?

I’ve only ever thought the Militarys were just aight. Not awful by any stretch of the imagination, but not amazing IMO.
Yeah, even without my silly backstory, I just don't need 'em. If I'm going to wear a pair of IVs on a given day, I'd rather it be the other colorways every time.

A little funny, but it makes sense for sure. The first pair I could ever get up with in a non bulls color was the aqua 8. Everything else had to be bulls colors or bust. Maybe others in your school felt the same. Still I never clowned on a pair of Js. I was always in the "last years" club.
I'm pretty sure it's exactly that: We couldn't understand why an Air Jordan wasn't Bulls colors. I remember we all thought the grape Vs were wack, too LOL. You couldn't have paid me to wear those in public back in the day. But for sure in retrospect, it was totally uncalled for for any of us to be making fun of some other kid's shoes. Hell, I got ragged on by a few of them the day I showed up with the Infrareds in February 1991. Sometimes you couldn't win at my school, no matter what you rocked up in. Kids are dicks.

Heh...I could see that happening! So which colorway did you have back then?
Fire reds. For years I had a picture of me holding them up when I got them on Christmas morning, but I've no idea where it disappeared to at some point. I really wish I still had it, since I'm still doing this dumb **** all these years later.

I’m noticing a pattern...everyone who says these were hard to get didn’t actually try to get them...
:rofl:
Didn't I see someone say they were available in most sizes on SNKRS for several hours? I stopped looking after I got my order through at 7:15 Saturday morning. If they were really on there for even a couple of hours and not just minutes, it is sort of comical. I wonder how many people just assumed they'd be gone immediately and didn't even bother to check.

Last edited:
:rofl:
Didn't I see someone say they were available in most sizes on SNKRS for several hours? I stopped looking after I got my order through at 7:15 Saturday morning. If they were really on there for even a couple of hours and not just minutes, it is sort of comical. I wonder how many people just assumed they'd be gone immediately and didn't even bother to check.

I stopped by nike Santa Monica after work at 6pm on sat and they still had sizes! People trying on size 9, 10 and 11 :lol:

Say no more

Yeah still not following...

There is pic on page 424 that shows a "mild" case. The pair I rejected had a left like his and the other was a full U-shaped like a Pringles potato chip. I wasn't going to pull out my phone and start taking pics at the register because the manager was being very cool about sending her employee to grab me two other pairs to sort through.

Anybody that got a pair like the one I rejected will probably be trying to fix it with an iron or something rather than posting their L. Twas AWFUL. Also highlighted how ridiculously thin the plastic bits are on the '19 pairs.

Are you talking about my pair I posted where the rear tab is slightly bent from being in the box?

Back
Top Bottom