Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Fraying is the way to go. More natural!
More concerned about the long term effect. I understand what your saying, but the fray may increase more than what you bargained for overtime. I instantly think of jeans when it comes to this.

More concerned about the long term effect. I understand what your saying, but the fray may increase more than what you bargained for overtime. I instantly think of jeans when it comes to this.

Right which I think looks way better with use. If you check my video with the OG you can see how the edges are even more exposed.

I havent been keeping up with this thread.

So whats the paint/pen people are using to add the grey lines?

Please @ me or PM me.

Thanks NT FAM

So I was gonna unDS my shoes today but some reason the laces I got are uneven... I mean wtf Nike...

F068A0E7-9129-4EF3-A965-69E37E38C948.jpeg

Dumb ? But does anyone have or know anyone with a DS 89 or 99. And if they do/did, did they have those white/grey edges out the box?

Ages the shoe way too prematurely. The pencil allows you to achieve the look without a permanent abrasive measure such as fraying with a knife. Exacto knife is a definite no go IMO.
All the way with this quote here.

Ages the shoe way too prematurely. The pencil allows you to achieve the look without a permanent abrasive measure such as fraying with a knife. Exacto knife is a definite no go IMO.

Sooooo true. why wear out a shoe before its even put on. Im down for the pencil method, but that almost seems wrong too. I almost feel like we should keep these the way they were released. im all types of confused on what to do with my pair

Sooooo true. why wear out a shoe before its even put on. Im down for the pencil method, but that almost seems wrong too. I almost feel like we should keep these the way they were released. im all types of confused on what to do with my pair

I hear you. My issue with the 2019's is the terrible shape particularly in the toe box. Look at the toe box on my 99's up there, then look at these 2019's. Night and day. :smh: Two completely different shoes. I grew up staring at my "High Flying Death-defying 360 Slam Dunk" Nike poster that had the 1989's on it. Seeing these 2019's is seeing a totally different shoe. With all this said, the toe box is the only thing I'm considering altering. I'm very close to subtly ironing the toes. Still scared though. :lol:

I hear you. My issue with the 2019's is the terrible shape particularly in the toe box. Look at the toe box on my 99's up there, then look at these 2019's. Night and day. :smh: Two completely different shoes. I grew up staring at my "High Flying Death-defying 360 Slam Dunk" Nike poster that had the 1989's on it. Seeing these 2019's is seeing a totally different shoe. With all this said, the toe box is the only thing I'm considering altering. I'm very close to subtly ironing the toes. Still scared though. :lol:

I agree 100%. I will say this, if your pair doesn’t have a perfectly constructed toebox the chances of wrinkles or creases in the after ironing are higher. Other than that you’re good to go. just make sure the shoe is stuffed properly. You kinda have to shape it by hand first. One of mine looked off in the toe box so it wrinkled up a little but I honestly couldn’t care less. I’m super happy with the shape now. The cupped heel is like the only thing making the overall look incomplete at a glance.

F025E880-0D71-4918-ADF8-13E5C778FF9B.jpeg

I agree 100%. I will say this, if your pair doesn’t have a perfectly constructed toebox the chances of wrinkles or creases in the after ironing are higher. Other than that you’re good to go. just make sure the shoe is stuffed properly. You kinda have to shape it by hand first. One of mine looked off in the toe box so it wrinkled up a little but I honestly couldn’t care less. I’m super happy with the shape now. The cupped heel is like the only thing making the overall look incomplete at a glance.

F025E880-0D71-4918-ADF8-13E5C778FF9B.jpeg

How did you reshape the toe box? Looks more like the 99s and way better than that banana toe box.

If you like the look and want to keep it permanent then go that route but obviously people will do whatever method they want on their sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom