Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Not one of my personal pairs, but a 1999 size 9.5 for sale on eBay.

s-l160001.jpg

s-l160002.jpg
s-l160003.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

Man, Nike/Jordan Brand REALLY ****ed us over NOT putting the white durabuck lines, on the 2019's. It's give, and take away with them, on some releases. The gave us on minor height increase, but NO white lines, and HORRENDOUS toe boxes.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

|l

s-l160001.jpg

s-l160002.jpg
s-l160003.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

Man, Nike/Jordan Brand REALLY ****ed us over NOT putting the white durabuck lines, on the 2019's. It's give, and take away with them, on some releases. The gave us on minor height increase, but NO white lines, and HORRENDOUS toe boxes.

|l
Everything here is true. But still the 2019 is decent.

Another detail I think they did a good job of on this release seems overlooked. The Jumpman on the tongue. The 2012 along with the 2016 WC have that alien head look to them. They fixed that and made the Jumpman closer to what its supposed to be.

Another detail I think they did a good job of on this release seems overlooked. The Jumpman on the tongue. The 2012 along with the 2016 WC have that alien head look to them. They fixed that and made the Jumpman closer to what its supposed to be.

I'm actually think about selling my 12.5 pair, from SNKRS. The right shoe is shaped absolutely horribly, and the tongue on the right shoe is legit ****ed up. I'll post pictures shortly.

Doing leg work for this Saturday release picking up a raffle at SP at the local mall and swung by Champs why not.... got blessed with Black Cement 4 restock... picked up 4 pairs, 2 size 9s and 2 size 9.5s... they let me use Mil disco on all 4.... when did they change it to 15% instead of 20%?

20190626_191553.jpg

Doing leg work for this Saturday release picking up a raffle at SP at the local mall and swung by Champs why not.... got blessed with Black Cement 4 restock... picked up 4 pairs, 2 size 9s and 2 size 9.5s... they let me use Mil disco on all 4.... when did they change it to 15% instead of 20%?

20190626_191553.jpg

smh01.gif

You lucky, LUCKY bastard. Congrats man!

20190626_191553.jpg
Why 4 pair? Wear them that much?

I actually think its cool seeing others with pairs on feet. Sneaker culture is so mainstream now, the individualism and "yo! Where'd you get those!?" Mentality is gone, everyone knows where you can get them and what they're called. Rocking a pair of Jordan's and thinkin you're unique and no one else will have them is ridiculous nowadays. No one cares lol

:rofl: this. And it’s lovely.

And honestly women don’t care either. :lol:

Well then i apologize for the misunderstanding.

As far as asking Tinker random design questions... as a designer myself, i think answering random design questions would give him joy as it shows him there are people out there paying this much respect and attention to his detail. And on top of that im pretty sure he might like to take a break now and again to revisit his mindset on past work as this is his passion and some of the questions might be something hes never been asked before instead of the same old same old. You might be surprised to find yourself getting closer to him since youd be potentially a breath of fresh air of conversation for him

Its all in the approach i guess
no worries i just needed to clarify im nothing of the dj folk type im just a regular sneaker lover like the rest of NT. and honestly I respect the man is why I dont bother him with all these questions. most of the questions everybody has are self explanatory. like why didnt they do this or that, I can tell you first off the final releases we see are due to Tinker and Mike making their final decisions on any given model after protypes are tested by Mike, I can tell you most of the choices made are for performance reasons not aesthetics. as far as the 12's and the rubber kinda hiding the carbon im assuming its just for more traction but Tinker still wanted to let us see the carbon.. he reveals as much of the internals of a shoe as he can without performance loss.

s-l160001.jpg

s-l160002.jpg
s-l160003.jpg

|l

Everything here is true. But still the 2019 is decent.

Man. Look at those things. Sick on top of sick.
This latest BC IV release is just like ... meh. I have two pairs. I haven't even worn the first pair outside yet. I keep saying I'm going to iron the toes and color the lines ... I even went and got the pencil and shoe trees to do it. But I still haven't actually done it. It's ****ing annoying, honestly. I should just say eff it and wear them and let it go, but I want them to be so much better--and that pic yet again proves what they could be. These only look decent because the OG design is so nutso that even a crap version of it looks good.
I guess I need to just do the relatively simple tasks of ironing and coloring, but I resent even having to put in the effort. Honestly, it's a giant EFF YOU to all of us. **** is bat**** crazy how they troll us. And on top of the lack of lines and **** shape, they **** up the Nike Air on the heel. I can't even :stoneface: :rofl:
It's definitely still cool to have them and all, but no one should have mixed feelings about this shoe. Yet here we are, again, with these dicks at Nike/JB. They should legit all be fired.

So many people take up issue with the shoes but double/triple/quadruple etc up and then continually talk about gripes but wont let go, sell, or alter them in the slightest. Why keep them like they're burdens? I mean, you could find a 99 pair and get a sole swap. It'll cost you but you could use those excess pairs to fund the new shoe and the swap.

I'd imagine that a large portion of the people in here upset about the offset heel logo on an original, classic colorway couldn't give less of a **** about the Cactus Jack VIs in general :lol:

Sending people to go buy some '99s in 2019 isn't reasonable anymore unless they just want a display piece. The midsole needing to be swapped is one thing, but durabuck that old will very likely start cracking fast with wear and there's no easy fix for that (I don't consider tennis balling to be a fix.)

This latest BC IV release is just like ... meh. I have two pairs. I haven't even worn the first pair outside yet. I keep saying I'm going to iron the toes and color the lines ... I even went and got the pencil and shoe trees to do it. But I still haven't actually done it. It's ****ing annoying, honestly. I should just say eff it and wear them and let it go, but I want them to be so much better--and that pic yet again proves what they could be. These only look decent because the OG design is so nutso that even a crap version of it looks good.
I guess I need to just do the relatively simple tasks of ironing and coloring, but I resent even having to put in the effort. Honestly, it's a giant EFF YOU to all of us. **** is bat**** crazy how they troll us. And on top of the lack of lines and **** shape, they **** up the Nike Air on the heel. I can't even :stoneface: :rofl:
It's definitely still cool to have them and all, but no one should have mixed feelings about this shoe. Yet here we are, again, with these dicks at Nike/JB. They should legit all be fired.
The na stopped bothering me when i started waering them around. Also those 99s dont look that far off from 2019s. The razor thin nubuck is on those too. Once you iron out the toe and do the lining its right there with em. If 99s had the thicker OG netting it would be a different story

Iron the toe boxes. Don't be scared. I did it with my 1 pair and it made me feel so different about them. You have 2 pairs. Go for it.

Waiting to see if the same people complaining about NA on these also go heavy on the Travis 6s...

Say what?!?! The majority of people complaining about differences in retros to OG's don't care about some silly Travis Scott 6's. :lol:

So many people take up issue with the shoes but double/triple/quadruple etc up and then continually talk about gripes but wont let go, sell, or alter them in the slightest. Why keep them like they're burdens? I mean, you could find a 99 pair and get a sole swap. It'll cost you but you could use those excess pairs to fund the new shoe and the swap.
Simply pointing out some facts about this release, and expressing some frustration with it, doesn't mean it's a burden. I never said I hated them, I said I hate the games Nike/JB engages in. Especially on a shoe like this. That latest pic of the '99s just reminded me that while I like these a lot and am happy to have them, they could have been noticeably better. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

I'd imagine that a large portion of the people in here upset about the offset heel logo on an original, classic colorway couldn't give less of a **** about the Cactus Jack VIs in general :lol:

Sending people to go buy some '99s in 2019 isn't reasonable anymore unless they just want a display piece. The midsole needing to be swapped is one thing, but durabuck that old will very likely start cracking fast with wear and there's no easy fix for that (I don't consider tennis balling to be a fix.)
Exactly. TS Jordans? They never cross my mind. Less than zero interest LOL

The na stopped bothering me when i started waering them around. Also those 99s dont look that far off from 2019s. The razor thin nubuck is on those too. Once you iron out the toe and do the lining its right there with em. If 99s had the thicker OG netting it would be a different story

Yep... Can hardly tell on feet. Just un-DSd yesterday.

Love my pair.

Haven’t done the ironed toe or the lines.
I've worn one of my pairs around the house a lot. I like the way they look, and admittedly the NA on the back is pretty minor in practical terms. Again, don't get me wrong. Never meant to say these are awful. They aren't. Most of the time I forget about the differences, it's just that when I see a pic like the one M marztharealist posted up there, it irks me :lol:

Iron the toe boxes. Don't be scared. I did it with my 1 pair and it made me feel so different about them. You have 2 pairs. Go for it.
It's less being scared of doing it and more of a case of being lazy LOL. Going to once and for all try and get around to the iron this weekend, depending on what other things I have going on.

Zo.gif

Back
Top Bottom