Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

The 94s weren’t that good if you think about it. The ep cut was way off (maybe they were trying to make it “better” by exaggerating it, idk). Also the NA was painted on rather than molded in different colors like the ogs and recent retros.

They might be the best retro but that’s a low low bar. The 3s haven’t been done right since 88.

The 99 4s are a different story. Those were the best retro ever of any model. They’re right there with the ogs.

No it doesn’t, it’s not 1988 low but it’s definitely the closest.
93585BA9-05C0-4CDD-8B91-77BE6764D5EB.jpeg
Look at the right shoe man

The 94s weren’t that good if you think about it. The ep cut was way off (maybe they were trying to make it “better” by exaggerating it, idk). Also the NA was painted on rather than molded in different colors like the ogs and recent retros.

They might be the best retro but that’s a low low bar. The 3s haven’t been done right since 88.

The 99 4s are a different story. Those were the best retro ever of any model. They’re right there with the ogs.
I was going to say ‘best retro 3” isnt saying much lol

concur, I owned and wore out the WC IV 1999. Skipped work just to buy em, GOAT retro ever.

concur, I owned and wore out the WC IV 1999. Skipped work just to buy em, GOAT retro ever.

Hehe, they will lose that title come December :smile:

One could even make the argument that last years Concords and this years Infrareds are just as good of not better than the 1999 BC 4.

Last edited:
They will lose that title come December :smile:

One could even make the argument that last years Concords and this years Infrareds are just as good of not better than the 1999 BC 4.
You could make any argument you want. It won’t change the truth. Those are both great retros but not on the same level.

The bred 11s will have problems. I doubt we’ll get red tinted black upper. PL is slightly too high on this mold. PL not as thick as it should be. Won’t get actual true red...etc.

Those 99 4s got everything right. Perfect shape and same materials as og. Tongue was fixed but no other substantial changes other than less splatter on the white cements.

The red tinted upper wasn't even a feature that was there on purpose, someone on here that's connected to Tinker asked him and he confirmed it.

Reactions: ARK
I doubt the white lines were on purpose either. Doesn’t make it any less important to the look of the shoe.

Now that’s where you’re wrong lol. I won’t tolerate any PL height slander. From the ‘16 SJ to these, the PL height has been corrected and is perfectly fine. Even more so on the Concords. So again, I won’t tolerate it man lol. Unless low PL height is your thing.
Lol nah I’m fine with it too. If I’m nitpicking tho, it is slightly on the high side. It varies a bit pair to pair and some pairs are perfect.

It’s definitely not a complaint, more of an observation and I’ll take it any day over that low trash we were getting for years.

No it doesn’t, it’s not 1988 low but it’s definitely the closest.
93585BA9-05C0-4CDD-8B91-77BE6764D5EB.jpeg

I completely understand his issues with the toe rand on the 1. But 3s? They good.

I was going to say ‘best retro 3” isnt saying much lol
The '94s definitely have issues compared to the OGs, but at least the EP (not the height) was better than what we've been getting for a load of years now. I can't stand how the "crinkles" in it are so exaggerated in size and filled in with black instead of being less pronounced and filled in with more of a darker gray than straight black. The big lines and the black make it look so damn cheap and tacky.

Now that’s where you’re wrong lol. I won’t tolerate any PL height slander. From the ‘16 SJ to these, the PL height has been corrected and is perfectly fine. Even more so on the Concords. So again, I won’t tolerate it man lol. Unless low PL height is your thing.

Lol nah I’m fine with it too. If I’m nitpicking tho, it is slightly on the high side. It varies a bit pair to pair and some pairs are perfect.

It’s definitely not a complaint, more of an observation and I’ll take it any day over that low trash we were getting for years.
Yeah, the patent height is WAY better than that **** low cut, but the Win Like 82s and the SJs definitely have it slightly too high. Especially on the lateral side where it curves down at the toe area, it usually doesn't curve down enough in that spot. Concords definitely closer to the OGs in that regard than the SJs and 82s. Hopefully that remains in place for the black/reds.

Who here works at Foot Locker/Champs?

When Do they start discounting shoes?

There's a pair of kicks I want but It's still at retail price. I'll wait it out, but for how long? Thx

Back
Top Bottom