Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I was at food4less right before this and for real thought some dude was wearing bc4s behind me walking in to the store. I was like oh hell naw. It was black and white cortezes. The paranoia is real

Heres a pic i took right after the other one. I was afraid someone would see me taking pics of my feet at in n out, had to get it done and keep it moving
327B236A-3723-4943-9C2B-6CFBF8E56EFD.jpeg

Man baggy will be back ASAP.
I was watching KUWTK lastnight and Kanye had on the baggies AND, his assistant had on the super Super baggy Cargos with the elastic on the bottom, The big openings might not come RIGHT back, but baggy is close

Kanye tells me that.

i don't think people stan for kanye's fashion choices the way they used to outside of his shoes. unless i'm just really bad at telling actual homeless people from people who wanna look like they're homeless.

In this day and age, who would you trust with an epic sole swap for your 1999 IV, considering John Manalo has essentially retired?

I was at food4less right before this and for real thought some dude was wearing bc4s behind me walking in to the store. I was like oh hell naw. It was black and white cortezes. The paranoia is real

So if y’all were wearing the same shoes what would you do? Turn around and go home and change?

So if y’all were wearing the same shoes what would you do? Turn around and go home and change?
He’d beat the **** out of him to send a message and tell him he had 24 hours to leave town. tonytobacco tonytobacco owns that small Oregon town like Brad Wesley owned Jasper in Road House. If the guy didn’t listen, Tony would find his house and drive a monster truck through it. Problem solved.

I actually think its cool seeing others with pairs on feet. Sneaker culture is so mainstream now, the individualism and "yo! Where'd you get those!?" Mentality is gone, everyone knows where you can get them and what they're called. Rocking a pair of Jordan's and thinkin you're unique and no one else will have them is ridiculous nowadays. No one cares lol

Last edited:
Especially for a GR sneaker that everyone copped. EXPECT to come across everyone in em.
Haven't worn mine yet, still marinating...

So true. My friend hates it when he sees someone else driving a Camry ;-). In CA the same goes for Porsches or Mercedes...heh.

that dude was me, And Tinker did confirm the red tint was not in the specs. it was just the material that was used had red hues.
I know

Ive seen you give out the kind of wrong answers and ask the kind of wrong questions on here that indicate you might not be in the position you say you are

I know

Ive seen you give out the kind of wrong answers and ask the kind of wrong questions on here that indicate you might not be in the position you say you are

Im not sure who you think I am, I give my opinions like everyone else. I just happen to know Tinker. I dont go to him with every question I have . actually the xi red tint thing was one of the few times I did ask him just to clear things up. as I was really interested as well. others mentioned I work for nike . I dont, I obtained Tinkers info in an un orthodox way so I could get him to sign my shoes and it worked. we have talked many times after that but like I said before im not going to be that guy that bugs him about random design questions..but I will if I personally feel thats the only way NT will get correct answers. one thing i have learned about Tinker is he is very busy .. very busy.

Im not sure who you think I am, I give my opinions like everyone else. I just happen to know Tinker. I dont go to him with every question I have . actually the xi red tint thing was one of the few times I did ask him just to clear things up. as I was really interested as well. others mentioned I work for nike . I dont, I obtained Tinkers info in an un orthodox way so I could get him to sign my shoes and it worked. we have talked many times after that but like I said before im not going to be that guy that bugs him about random design questions..but I will if I personally feel thats the only way NT will get correct answers. one thing i have learned about Tinker is he is very busy .. very busy.
Well then i apologize for the misunderstanding.

As far as asking Tinker random design questions... as a designer myself, i think answering random design questions would give him joy as it shows him there are people out there paying this much respect and attention to his detail. And on top of that im pretty sure he might like to take a break now and again to revisit his mindset on past work as this is his passion and some of the questions might be something hes never been asked before instead of the same old same old. You might be surprised to find yourself getting closer to him since youd be potentially a breath of fresh air of conversation for him

Its all in the approach i guess

If i was allowed to ask tinker 1 thing i think it would be were the indented grooves on the 12s outsole originally supposed to be fully cut-out to expose the carbon fiber underneath it instead of the partial exposure. And was the plastic jumpman tab originally supposed to be the same carbon fiber extending just above the outsole like that forming a carbon fiber cradle at the midfoot

The 12s to me look compromised

It was a subtle way to separate from the swoosh at that time. Same as how a nike or swoosh was not on the outside of that shoe. At the time he really was trying to make the Jumpman stand alone. Removing the visable air was just one of the ways of doing that.

If i was allowed to ask tinker 1 thing i think it would be were the indented grooves on the 12s outsole originally supposed to be fully cut-out to expose the carbon fiber underneath it instead of the partial exposure. And was the plastic jumpman tab originally supposed to be the same carbon fiber extending just above the outsole like that forming a carbon fiber cradle at the midfoot

The 12s to me look compromised
They turned out way better than his sketch in 95.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom