Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Id knock it back a little. Its a bit too white. Maybe just lightly scrape a layer of it off
This is what I went over it with a charcoal grey this time. Your right that made it look ×1000 cleaner. Thanks brother!

Attachments

• 15678949668081748635915.jpg
    15678949668081748635915.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 78
Pretty much why I stayed away. Uncomfortable out of the box, you thinking they’ll break in and be more comfortable?

I hope so. That has generally been the case with most of my kicks. Unless the are too small from the get, they’ll break in.

Not even noticeable when they are on your feet :smh:

People just lookin for reasons to say they ain’t cop.

This release was dope.

It is noticable... to me. That's why I didn't buy it, it's very noticeable IMO when I see it on peoples feet out and about.

Why would I look for a reason not to buy? These are one of my favorite Jordans of all time.

Like I said I have my 99's, I have the 2012 and the Countdown pack so it's not like I don't like them or didn't want them but the Nike Air on the back was a killer for me.

I'm not even picky about glue stains, toebox, speckle density or whatever else most complain about but as a long time buyer that Nike Air on 4's is everything and to see they couldn't even get that right... FOH.

You and others buy what they put out because you feel it's good enough, I'm good. I've gotten everything OG AJ wise throughout the years so I don't settle and get hyped over over too much because I have everything I wanted except like really limited rare stuff.

As @SuperQ said the Black/Red 11's were done right and although I have multiples from prior releases I'm still getting a pair in December.

It is noticable... to me. That's why I didn't buy it, it's very noticeable IMO when I see it on peoples feet out and about.

Why would I look for a reason not to buy? These are one of my favorite Jordans of all time.

Like I said I have my 99's, I have the 2012 and the Countdown pack so it's not like I don't like them or didn't want them but the Nike Air on the back was a killer for me.

I'm not even picky about glue stains, toebox, speckle density or whatever else most complain about but as a long time buyer that Nike Air on 4's is everything and to see they couldn't even get that right... FOH.

You and others buy what they put out because you feel it's good enough, I'm good. I've gotten everything OG AJ wise throughout the years so I don't settle and get hyped over over too much because I have everything I wanted except like really limited rare stuff.

As @SuperQ said the Black/Red 11's were done right and although I have multiples from prior releases I'm still getting a pair in December.

The off centered NA is still 10000x better than the Jumpman. Y’all put way too much weight into that NA being the reason you passed lol. My thing is, if you passed..good for you for sticking to your guns. On the other hand if you copped 1-2 pairs and you’re still is here months later screaming to the top of your lungs how you hate these then the jokes on you and that’s the definition of insanity as far as I’m concerned. One thing is for sure, most who bought these with reasonable expectations are happy/content with their purchase.

Yes, but only slightly. I mostly molded the toe box by hand with a wet towel & some patience. Not perfect by any means, but anything other than the ridiculous/bulbous toe box they came with.

Ey, I can't lie it look way sleeker like the 89' toebox look I'm going to have to go get a iron and do mine now I dig that look a lot.

The off centered NA is still 10000x better than the Jumpman. Y’all put way too much weight into that NA being the reason you passed lol. My thing is, if you passed..good for you for sticking to your guns. On the other hand if you copped 1-2 pairs and you’re still is here months later screaming to the top of your lungs how you hate these then the jokes on you and that’s the definition of insanity as far as I’m concerned. One thing is for sure, most who bought these with reasonable expectations are happy/content with their purchase.

While I do agree that Nike Air is better than Jumpman Air... I disagree with this off centered NA being better than just the Jumpman alone with no Air under it.

It's so noticeable to me. If I didn't have all the previous releases I would have jumped on these most likely.

That's also my reasoning for passing on some good releases it's because I have/had them all that I don't go hard or out of my way to get them when they come back around if it takes a lot of effort or if it's not done right or to my liking.

I'm never in threads complaining about trivial stuff when it comes to releases and see some of the stuff users complain about and think they are crazy and say the same thing @headdetective said about me... that nobody will really notice your glue stains or whatever small complaint unless they're up close examining it.

To me, it's very noticeable and that's the first thing I notice when I see people wearing them out and about it sticks out to me.

I can't speak for anyone else nor will I knock those for having gripes for the smallest peculiar stuff cause now I know how it is to have them no matter how small it is.

And I do agree that it is hypocritical to be constantly complaining but still buying multiple pairs doing so.

It’s weird that you would pass on this years version but you have the countdown pack and the 2012 pair as of those were done right. They weren’t.

I've never worn or tried on either of those releases nor said they were done right.

I bought all the countdown packages because I was still on the collecting thing at that time in 2008 or 10 whenever they released.

The 2012 release was the first time that they got released alone not in a package since 99 I believe. Also, that time everything sold out so you had to buy day one or wait 10 years until they released again. The complaints about 2012 and countdown pack quality I couldn't have known about and most users didn't know about until after release and putting wear and tear on them.

I would say about 80% of my collection I just bought them and put them away and forgot about them.

I know foolish...

Last edited:
They used the exact same size back tab as the WC4. Then lifted the leather cut below it by an 8th to almost a quarter inch. Closer to OG and 99. With using the same size NA font size, its reasonable to why its off centered. The alternative would be shrink the font size of the NA to make sure it was centered and everyone would have been pissed. I like what they chose overall.

The back tab size is the reason for the shift. Its not that bad.

They used the exact same size back tab as the WC4. Then lifted the leather cut below it by an 8th to almost a quarter inch. Closer to OG and 99. With using the same size NA font size, its reasonable to why its off centered. The alternative would be shrink the font size of the NA to make sure it was centered and everyone would have been pissed. I like what they chose overall.

The back tab size is the reason for the shift. Its not that bad.
or they couldve shortened the tail of the swoosh a little as that was the culprit.

or maybe not... im looking at my bc and wc right now.....

Last edited:
oooh

I figured it out!! This **** is so subtle yet so off

the 'A - I - R' + the new height F'd it all up for them. And instead of adjusting the 'A - I - R' back to the OG 'A I R' they decided to adjust the NIKE and swoosh. This is where we discover why Tinker is Tinker and these dudes today dont have it chief. Shouldve asked the man himself what was wrong before giving them the greenlight knowing something was off. He wouldve said simply, fix the AIR ***hole.

These dudes even went so far as to use the same misaligned logo on the damned insole. But with the OG A I R spacing on it. These clowns are something else.

Last edited:
I bet they stubbornly left the A I R how it was so that the WC4 wouldnt look so out of place with its lowered height and different logo.

Long story short, we did this to ourselves Niketalk. It was all that talk about height. They listened....

Pretty much why I stayed away. Uncomfortable out of the box, you thinking they’ll break in and be more comfortable?
they've gotten a lot more comfortable after multiple wears. I feel like it will take continuous wear for around 2 months to
really break it in.

See this is the contradiction in your post. You say you're buying the 11s because they were done right even with multiples
in the past. Which means you have the 01 or the 2012 which are both not up to par. 01 shape is not the best and the patent
cut is off:
s-l640.jpg

You did the EXACT thing you're calling people out on. You bought "okay/sub par" drops as well, you even
bought multiples? So... you can do it but not others, got it.
Please sit down sir.
kobe1.gif

See this is the contradiction in your post. You say you're buying the 11s because they were done right even with multiples
in the past. Which means you have the 01 or the 2012 which are both not up to par. 01 shape is not the best and the patent
cut is off:
s-l640.jpg

You did the EXACT thing you're calling people out on. You bought "okay/sub par" drops as well, you even
bought multiples? So... you can do it but not others, got it.
Please sit down sir.
kobe1.gif

Read my previous posts completely before you try to be smart.

I never said I can do it and nobody else can. I didn't like the alignment of the Nike Air on the back that's why I didn't purchase them and I can be picky because I've got all the releases throughout the years that I've wanted except super rare ones. I understand you and many others hyped up over this release because you haven't gotten Nike Air on the back of Black Cements so long so you jumped at a chance at owning them.

With the XI's when they released in 2001 that was the first release... I didn't get OG's XI's so that was the first release and my only shot. Once again like the BC4's with the 2012 XI Black/Red they took a decade to release stand alone unless you got the countdown pack which I did. Also, I don't consider those release really really bad. I also don't consider this release of BC4 bad either, but I don't like the Nike Air on the back and will wait until they release next time and if done right I will buy and if not then I move on... not the end of the world.

As I stated in previous posts I don't sweat most of the stuff you guys do on here like height, patent cut, glue stains, materials, speckle density etc.

The misaligned Nike Air is very noticable to me so that's why I did not purchase them. I'm not sweating it either because as I've just stated I've gotten all the releases I wanted throughout the years so the hype and desire is just not there for me like it used to and because of that I don't buy with a fear of missing out or something.

I also realize that if a release is not to my liking I pass and wait until the next release and if they get it right I will purchase if I have the desire and funds.

I have 4 pairs of SpaceJams (2 from 2000 and 2 when they released in 2010) and I didn't buy the really well made pair that came out last year because I already have 4 pairs. Would have if I bought them on discount, but we both know that's not happening with most XI's.

You get it now? Probably not due to your quick snap judgement from your previous post.

Last edited:
Yes. I got my pair because I wanted one with NA and didn't want to spend $400 on a rebuild project. Plain and simple.
and It's not like Jordan Brand quality was amazing for the past decade, it's been really sloppy so I'm good with the materials
used and the heft on this pair.

A very solid drop IMO.

Back
Top Bottom