Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

This is actually a pic of a fake pair of 1999's. I know because on fake 99's, the heel bumps are nonexistent. I mean there literally not there at all. :lol: Also, the overall shape, height, and netting was more OG like. I swear though ALL those jackasses at JB would have to do, is add heel bumps to these fakes, fix the Nike Air heel logos, add the white cut lines, and they'd have a PERFECT Retro. This is all too much like right for those ***holes tho.

|l

This is actually a pic of a fake pair of 1999's. I know because on fake 99's, the heel bumps are nonexistent. I mean there literally not there at all. :lol: Also, the overall shape, height, and netting was more OG like. I swear though ALL those jackasses at JB would have to do, is add heel bumps to these fakes, fix the Nike Air heel logos, add the white cut lines, and they'd have a PERFECT Retro. This is all too much like right for those ***holes tho.

|l

Those would have fooled me. I honestly thought the bump was simply cut off whenever it was cropped with the black ground.

Finally back in the collection.....GOAT IMO!
591791F4-E54D-40A4-ABEC-2C481A1DBFDC.jpeg

That still looks wayyyy better than the booty we are getting these days....

I bought cement 4's but going forward, I'm out until they fix the misaligned Nike Air... its looks like the shoe just jumped off the short bus. Quite disrespectful.

Crooked Rear.PNG
I think that fix is harder for them to make then people think it is. The 'Nike Air' logo is a brand which most likely has legal brand guidelines that follow. Any adjustment on shifting the "NIKE" above the swoosh can't be possible for legal reasons. It's just the nature of that "Nike & Swoosh", it's totally imbalanced because the tail extends so far on the right side. So when you actually center it, the "NIKE" word isn't centered lol; if you center the "NIKE" then the whole footprint of the logo would shift and not be centered.

Here's a quick Photoshop to explain
Center logo:
center logo.jpg

center NIKE, swoosh tail extends outside the box:
center_nike.jpg

Last edited:
I think that fix is harder for them to make then people think it is. The 'Nike Air' logo is a brand which most likely has legal brand guidelines that follow. Any adjustment on shifting the "NIKE" above the swoosh can't be possible for legal reasons. It's just the nature of that "Nike & Swoosh", it's totally imbalanced because the tail extends so far on the right side. So when you actually center it, the "NIKE" word isn't centered lol; if you center the "NIKE" then the whole footprint of the logo would shift and not be centered.

Here's a quick Photoshop to explain
Center logo:
center logo.jpg

center NIKE, swoosh tail extends outside the box:
center_nike.jpg
Nope. Nike has multiple “official” logos. They chose this off centered logo to **** with us. Simple as that. All of this garbage about it how it won’t fit otherwise is complete nonsense. How do you explain the ogs and 99s?

The letters of "AIR" are slightly closer on the OG/'99s, and the Nike/Swoosh is ever so slightly smaller. It's not about the back tab size. Look at the placement of the "R" in relation to the "E" in NIKE.

Wider heel tabs.
Yeah man that's what I think too. If you check the 99s the heel tab is bigger in width (maybe be hard to tell in pictures) and they're able to move the NIKE and swoosh over a few MM. It's like you said on the one post the I and K should line up.

So is it the heel tab or font? :lol:

This is becoming a great world mystery.
The tab is not wide enough imo. I think that if the tab was the original width they could shift over the letters and spred them out a little bit and the whole shape of the sneaker would change too.

Yeah man that's what I think too. If you check the 99s the heel tab is bigger in width (maybe be hard to tell in pictures) and they're able to move the NIKE and swoosh over a few MM. It's like you said on the one post the I and K should line up.

The tab is definitely not as wide as OG, however, shifting the nike and swoosh over doesn't resolve anything. The "A" is damn near exactly where it should be. It's the "I" and "R" that have messed up position. It's like they used an amateur intern designer to place the logo; they didn't pay attention to the detail and now they're stuck using the mold for a decade....heh.

The tab is definitely not as wide as OG, however, shifting the nike and swoosh over doesn't resolve anything. The "A" is damn near exactly where it should be. It's the "I" and "R" that have messed up position. It's like they used an amateur intern designer to place the logo; they didn't pay attention to the detail and now they're stuck using the mold for a decade....heh.
That is true it does look like they probably have some hype beast youtuber doing the design on it. The AIR is bigger on the 19 too. I never had the OG really wish I had a pair man I just figured the size of the tab being smaller they had to jam it in there since the tail of the swoosh is at that slant. I'm about to put my what the 4 next to my 99 and see what the hell they did wrong because it is weird being all off like that.

Damn man check out how bad the shape is on the what the 4, compared to the 99.
20200918_160202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom