Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I like this pic of them...
20200906_130618.jpg

That's because they are the BEST Jordan of all-time.

:lol:

Air-Jordan-4-Black-Cement-1989-vs-2019+.jpg
Air-Jordan-4-Black-Cement-1989-vs-2019-2.jpg

The 2019's are trash next to the 1989's though. Complete trash.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I love the 2019. Due to it being my first ever NA branded BC 4. Just watched MJo23dans vid with Originals YOU provided. Man those would be nice brand new. Will always appreciate the 89. But I just cant say the 19 is trash though.

It's good this thread is still alive. This week, sometime, I'd like to post pics on a comparison/contrast of an authentic pair vs a fake/unauthorized pair. I was shocked how the quality of the fake/ua is. The box is easy to discern, but the sneakers are almost identical. Stay tuned.

That's because they are the BEST Jordan of all-time.

:lol:

Air-Jordan-4-Black-Cement-1989-vs-2019+.jpg
Air-Jordan-4-Black-Cement-1989-vs-2019-2.jpg

The 2019's are trash next to the 1989's though. Complete trash.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I love your passion but I gotta disagree with that last picture. The netting on the 89s are completely mismatched! Look at the obvious different sizes. I like the 2019s way better in this pic. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen terrible inexcusable flaws on the og 4s. Will post a few more pics specifically of the leather cuts surrounding the heal tabs not matching at all.
4F3C81FA-EC4F-434A-B6BA-FD97EFC7E741.jpeg

I love your passion but I gotta disagree with that last picture. The netting on the 89s are completely mismatched! Look at the obvious different sizes. I like the 2019s way better in this pic. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen terrible inexcusable flaws on the og 4s. Will post a few more pics specifically of the leather cuts surrounding the heal tabs not matching at all.
Flaws are still just as ubiquitous. Those ogs look 1000X better to me in that shot. Give me mismatched flawed ogs ANY DAY over a perfectly manufactured 2019.

Flaws are still just as ubiquitous. Those ogs look 1000X better to me in that shot. Give me mismatched flawed ogs ANY DAY over a perfectly manufactured 2019.
Nah I can’t do the mismatched thing. It’s important for both shoes to look pretty much identical. I think the 2019s look 1000x better in that pic. A little mismatch is ok but that? Lol no

Here’s another one of the first pics I see for og fire red 4. I can’t get down with the mismatched leather cuts around the heel tab. I like the high cut but needs to be an unnoticeable difference in cut.
82B96FAE-C3D8-43CB-B787-64B90ABF2BAA.jpeg

Also the R on the right shoe is lower than the A and I. And the I is lower than the A. Very noticeable and distracting to me but I am a picky ocd type so that’s just me!

Last edited:

And here I was thinking the mismatched toe boxes on my 2012’s was a new issue. Glad to see it was just Nike trying to make it close to the OG. 😂😂😂

Here’s another one of the first pics I see for og fire red 4. I can’t get down with the mismatched leather cuts around the heel tab. I like the high cut but needs to be an unnoticeable difference in cut.

Also the R on the right shoe is lower than the A and I. And the I is lower than the A. Very noticeable and distracting to me but I am a picky ocd type so that’s just me!

That still looks wayyyy better than the booty we are getting these days....

I bought cement 4's but going forward, I'm out until they fix the misaligned Nike Air... its looks like the shoe just jumped off the short bus. Quite disrespectful.

Crooked Rear.PNG

I hear you. I’m the same way I can’t deal with that either. But my point is we’re still getting that crap today. I bought 4 pairs of the recent bc4 in order to match one pair that was lined up correctly.

This may have been discussed before and I do not remember. But the tongue height on original 89s do NOT match what MJ wore in 1989. But the 99, the 08, 12, and 19, have the higher tongue showing almost the entire Jumpman Flight logo.
So the question I have is what is better? Closer to what Jordan wore? Or closer to actual OG release?

And was the 2019 a retro of the OG, or the 99? Or, a mix of both?
This is where I miss @Aquaman, This would be something he would be all over in discussion. The original release obviously had a lower tongue compared to the pairs MJ actually wore. But interestingly today people ***** about the "high tongue". The 99, as grailed as it is, has a slight spacing difference in the NIKE AIR logo compared to its 1989 release. Which in my opinion is close to the 2019 pair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom