Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

As the great Knightwing likes to say...
*Use to be* "Quality" inspired by the greatest.
Nike in general is just not Nike of old, these last couple years have made that 100% clear.
From trash sneaker shapes, poor business practices to lack of general quality they just dont give a damn.

Yep....unfortunately. However, someone proactively made height improvements on the '19 BCs, then that got abandoned. So the work was already done. Different team maybe?

Yep....unfortunately. However, someone proactively made height improvements on the '19 BCs, then that got abandoned. So the work was already done. Different team maybe?
Thats what im guessing which is silly right?
Like the 12s that drop tomorrow have a pretty good shape but then the upcoming...
taxi..gold? whatever theyre calling them shape is way off. Its like they have different teams overseeing each individual release?

Not that I know of.

Maybe they were considered a big release and they had to pay a little more attention to them? I can't explain it either.

Do we have any other examples of one shoe getting a certain shape and height and the rest that followed the next few years didn't?

I can't think of any right now but I'm sure there are some.

Not that I know of.

Maybe they were considered a big release and they had to pay a little more attention to them? I can't explain it either.

Do we have any other examples of one shoe getting a certain shape and height and the rest that followed the next few years didn't?

I can't think of any right now but I'm sure there are some.
Not that ive seen thus far and hopefully wont although they have been knocking the 11s out the park soooo...
maybe well get the Carolinas with bacon strip patent? lol

The Georgetown 3s as one example were light years better than the BC 3 shape. So random..
07C4744C-EE22-496E-9541-42E8C4A5C11E.jpeg

3A5D86F6-CF50-4BBA-A5CF-23C3C81C7F3D.jpeg

The Georgetown 3s as one example were light years better than the BC 3 shape. So random..
07C4744C-EE22-496E-9541-42E8C4A5C11E.jpeg

3A5D86F6-CF50-4BBA-A5CF-23C3C81C7F3D.jpeg
I think most of the threes since last year have the best shape we've had in years. They just haven't dropped any OG colors thats why no one talks about it.

The Red Chicagos, Fire red Denim, UNC, and Racer Blues all have the best shape I've seen. They look better than my early 2000s retros. I've compared most of them in person

I think most of the threes since last year have the best shape we've had in years. They just haven't dropped any OG colors thats why no one talks about it.

The Red Chicagos, Fire red Denim, UNC, and Racer Blues all have the best shape I've seen. They look better than my early 2000s retros. I've compared most of them in person
but the pleather aint **** compared to those older 01 03 retros

Thank ya'll for talking some sense into me. Almost went off the way deep end.
Nah fam, you not wildin' to me. You're making what comedian Katt Williams calls "pimp decisions." Both are dope. the Desert Moss have nothing on the BC4's. We know you know that. $600 on a $200 shoe is tough. They were going for $250 last spring before "The Last Dance" documentary. They will eventually release again in a few years. Worst case scenario, do like me. I sold my BC4's (sold all my 4s actually because they were torture to wear with that pinky squeeze, nothing and i mean nothing worked for me). I regretted it. Watched my size on StockX early last year and made the mistake of waiting too long because once the Documentary came out the 4s were out of there! I was in your same position only cheaper because they were only going for about $375-400. I wanted them but didn't want to spend that kind of bread. Lucked up on a "B-Grade" option at a local sneaker shop this summer. Paid $275 which is insane for a "B-Grade" but given that regular pairs were going for $500-600 it felt like a steal. And before anybody questions it, the B-Grades came from the Nike Store. No visible flaws whatsoever, i sat at the store forever trying to find what made them a b-grade and found nothing. Other pairs are on Ebay. Grab a pair of those for well under $600. Only thing you won't have is the box, but we don't where those do we? lol

Its mind boggling how JB does us like that. Then when they decide to "remaster" them AGAIN they will go back to the same crap shape lol

Sucks that they waited until after the 2018 Black/Cement 3’s. As bad as I wanted to like those, I just could not bring myself to buy a pair and I don’t regret it. Racer Blues are tempting but I am at the point where I want OG colorways only.

Sucks that they waited until after the 2018 Black/Cement 3’s. As bad as I wanted to like those, I just could not bring myself to buy a pair and I don’t regret it. Racer Blues are tempting but I am at the point where I want OG colorways only.
You’re absolutely right. I didn’t even try to buy those BC IIIs that morning, but I was at a mall later in the day and happened to be in a Footlocker when they announced they had a bunch of unclaimed pairs now available to buy. I looked at a pair sitting out on the counter and still went, meh no thanks. That’s how good I thought that retro was LOL

But if you don’t have a pair of AMM’s, you’re seriously missing out.

Back
Top Bottom