Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Yeah, I think we are reaching a bit here. It's pretty obvious some of these are as good as we have seen lately (but also think back to 1994 how good those were which sadly was nearly 30 years ago) - but these versions are not really close yet to 1:1. We can say "that's too much to expect." But we are talking on paper here.

The regular 1's highs, if you think about it, are so off that they had to offshoot them to a separate bonus version (i.e. 85s) just to get close to the original. They release 50 regular 1's for every one High 85 1. That to me means JB does not get credit here, where i come from that's trolling.

The 2 still has essentially the wrong height, ankle cut, and toes. But yes they are better recently.

The 3 is clearly getting better but when you view the original 1988 model you go "OK this still is off in a lot of ways."

Either way, improvements are a good thing and JB is listening there is no doubt. The bar was SO LOW with these that even major improvements (which are alluded to in here) means we still got a bit of a ways though.

Tbh the 94 3s were way off too. The actual elephant print material was good but the height on the toe was way too high. The back tabs were also off (painted vs molded in different color plastic). We can complain all day about little details but I’ll give credit where credit is due. The biggest issue with current 3s is we haven’t gotten an og colorway with the updated mold.
85 1s are also the closest we’ve gotten to og. The new 2 mold is also pretty damn good.

Yeah, I think we are reaching a bit here. It's pretty obvious some of these are as good as we have seen lately (but also think back to 1994 how good those were which sadly was nearly 30 years ago) - but these versions are not really close yet to 1:1. We can say "that's too much to expect." But we are talking on paper here.

The regular 1's highs, if you think about it, are so off that they had to offshoot them to a separate bonus version (i.e. 85s) just to get close to the original. They release 50 regular 1's for every one High 85 1. That to me means JB does not get credit here, where i come from that's trolling.

The 2 still has essentially the wrong height, ankle cut, and toes. But yes they are better recently.

The 3 is clearly getting better but when you view the original 1988 model you go "OK this still is off in a lot of ways."

Either way, improvements are a good thing and JB is listening there is no doubt. The bar was SO LOW with these that even major improvements (which are alluded to in here) means we still got a bit of a ways though.
No one is saying that they are 1:1, just saying that they're the best shapes we've seen on a retro of that model.

Also remastering just means going back and fixing. It doesn't mean that it's going to be a 1:1 copy of the original just that it's going to get improved overall.

And yes, we all want 1:1 copies not anything else.

Sorry, I'm not getting it. The netting in the pics above is yellow. Maybe a diff shade of yellow....like more of a piss color? ;-). Those ain't DS white....

What he's saying is if you look at 99/2000 Fire Red V's, both the netting and soles get piss yellow.

On the OG's, only the sole gets piss yellow, not the netting. Netting gets a yellow hue but not the horrid piss yellow.

In most cases.

The later model retros are almost identical. 15s, 16s, 17+, 18s, 19s, 20s…

Out of 1-14 the most accurate retros currently IMO are 85 1s, 3s, 5, 6, 8,10,11,14.. 6s would be nearly 1:1 if they added some tongue height and added the layered ankle bulge.. The new 2s might be decent, we‘ll have to see how these chicagos turn out. The ones that need the most significant changes are the 4s and 9s for sure.

One thing I really wish they could replicate is the OG black durabuck, how it had that slightly oily/shiny look to it.. The duller material on black infrareds and black metallics just doesn’t quite cut it.

I would say 3's have been better since 2020 (Red Cements) and I also think IV's are waaay better than they used to be but still have a ways to go. But Lightning IV's are REALLY good compared to anything that came before.

The only one I really disagree with on wizards23brown wizards23brown 's list is the XIV. Those and the XIII quietly fell off like JB took all the good guys from those models to work on the III and IV :lol:

I would say 3's have been better since 2020 (Red Cements) and I also think IV's are waaay better than they used to be but still have a ways to go. But Lightning IV's are REALLY good compared to anything that came before.

The only one I really disagree with on wizards23brown wizards23brown 's list is the XIV. Those and the XIII quietly fell off like JB took all the good guys from those models to work on the III and IV :lol:

You mean the 3's, man. Just the 3's....

:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Finally sold my ‘19 IV’s on the bay for $300. Had some good wear on them, but still looked very clean. Having at least the ‘99 pair, the ‘19 pair was just awful. Whitening the edges definitely helped though.​

64095ade72d98e18dac5c3dca593aa21.gif

Good riddance man.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Finally sold my ‘19 IV’s on the bay for $300. Had some good wear on them, but still looked very clean. Having at least the ‘99 pair, the ‘19 pair was just awful. Whitening the edges definitely helped though.

If I needed the money id sell my pair too, they look worse every time I see them. Guess I’ll just hold and see if someone offers me something good for them 🤷🏼‍♂️

It's only gonna help SLIGHTLY. The ankle collars are STILL too low, and it's throws them COMPLETELY off.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

It doesn't help with the low cut and all the other things wrong with these, that's for sure LOL. But at least it gets rid of the square-toe look when seen in profile view. I did the same to my Fire Red IVs and it was a big help on those as well.

It doesn't help with the low cut and all the other things wrong with these, that's for sure LOL. But at least it gets rid of the square-toe look when seen in profile view. I did the same to my Fire Red IVs and it was a big help on those as well.​

This is ALL true. However, while these had a SLIGHT height improvement... Look at the BS, they went RIGHT BACK to, after THIS release.

20220609_164518.jpg

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

I swear, this brand treats us ALL like PURE D ISH. This **** is just completely UNACCEPTABLE, and I haven't bought a AJ 4 since. We ALL gotta STOP being SIMPS to this brand. It's the ONLY way that **** is gonna change. I'm just tired of the BS, man. The curves, swerves, and ALL the EXTRA ****.

|l
|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

Back
Top Bottom