Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

that-is-absurd.jpg

HANDS F'N DOWN.
Some pics of my pairs, starting with some older ones....

8)

WP_20180228_20_47_11_Rich.jpg
WP_20180228_20_46_09_Rich.jpg
WP_20180228_20_42_08_Rich.jpg
WP_20180228_20_44_57_Rich.jpg
WP_20180228_21_02_24_Rich.jpg
WP_20180228_21_02_47_Rich.jpg
20180728_163253.jpg
20180728_163400.jpg
WP_20180218_12_29_38_Rich.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

Thee BEST Retro, My favorite Air Jordan, of ALL FREAKIN' TIME.

Model, and THIS colorway.

That's the reason I get SO bent outta shape, when Nike continues to **** on this model. I know they can do better, and this retro will FOREVER prove that. I know y'all get tired of me. Hell, I get tired of myself. If they could just GO back to this... THIS. I'll be completely satisfied!

92db5b704171f759675617a84bfb17f4.gif

What makes the 99 better than the 89? Honest question. Is it the height difference?

Anyone who makes this claim is talking completely out of their ***. I can also guarantee anyone making this claim didn’t own the original in 89 (I did) and only base their opinion based on old photos. I’ve heard some asinine claims on this message board, but the 99 Retro (as great as it is) being better than the original is definitely at the top of the list.

Problem is when the 99s released there wasn’t social media. I’m sure if it existed people would have complained on how the 99s doesn’t look exactly like the OG.

I had the OG's and the 99's. This is my favorite shoe of All-Time and its not even close. The OG was a perfect shoe, but as far as retro's go 99 was almost an exact replica. I wont say it was better, but man did they come close with the 99. IMHO the best retro that was ever made.

And please hold off saying the 2018 Concords. The Patent leather on the 2018 retro is thin as paper. Not even close.

Its just rare to hear people say a retro is better than an original. I never had either one to have a true opinion. Personally if I had a choice it would be the original but that just me. But the 99 is dope for sure. Really I would take both no question.

People need to stop letting nostalgia cloud their judgment and realize that all OGs weren't perfect. Especially as far as comfort goes.

Would definitely love the OG toe box back over everything though.
I dont believe any original was perfect. They for the most part just looked and felt better.

People need to stop letting nostalgia cloud their judgment and realize that all OGs weren't perfect. Especially as far as comfort goes.

Would definitely love the OG toe box back over everything though.

It’s not about “perfection”... it’s about the design elements of the OG vs the retro versions. The OG in any model is going to set the standard of what a retro should strive to look like.

The appeal of the 99’s comes from the cuts of the stitching being so defined giving the shoe a “muscular” look and the shape looking real aerodynamic on the foot. All the retro’s since have been so box like and long on foot. All they have to do is raise the back and lower the toe honestly. I’m more concerned with the materials however. If they get the material right to make the stitched cuts defined, the shoe can easily be reshaped with some shoe trees and the wet towel method.

Again, it still amazing how these and the black/cement 3’s retailed for only $100 in 1999 and 2001. Imagine if the retail was still the same today with the same quality from back then?! From doing research, I think the 3’s and the 4’s retailed for $110 in its original years of release.

A retro will never be better or usually come close to an og. It's just Jordans aren't made the same as back in the day. As long as they're close I don't complain. I.e infra 6 and recent concords. Someone above said patent is too thin. There will always be something to complain about but there good enough for me. Excited for these and sure they will be good enough craftsmanship and shape for me but really can't wait for bred 11s

The quality on a lot of OGs weren't the best either but I wouldn't expect most here to remember that.

Back
Top Bottom