Air Jordan IV Doernbecher Charity NOVEMBER 5 2011 175.00 308497-015

30t6p3b.gif
 good cause huh, like messing up my favorite pair of jays i think i have a good cause to pass,  jb needs to let their designers do their job

I was happy there were finally photos, then I was shocked to see how they turned out.
It's neutral for now, but I'm definitely surprised about how many colors the child used on these.

I think once people understand where the design came from they would grow to like the shoe, if not I wouldn't mind two pairs

I will buy them for the cause and I like helping out but I probably will not rock these due to the fact they look like terrible fake shoes. I was hopefully they would be a clean shoe like the previous shoes but I guess not but congrats to the kick and hope u get better

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

superman logo can be used on Nikes?....copyright infringement?

probably the weakest DB jordan release, imo
i'm sure its all legit unless air randy ran out of jordan flight tags 

Man these are terrible! They look like straight fakes. How can a grown man say these are hot?
30t6p3b.gif

Definitely wondering about the copyright issue with the Superman logo, but hey they must have worked something out lol....way too loud for me but they're for a great cause

call me crazy, but I like these joints.  I'm already thinking of a way to change that Superman Logo though..  I loved the DB 3s.  They were my faves, I can see these being yet another instance where they are hated in the beginning, but filled with complaints about low availability and resellers when they release.  I hope I don;t have to jump through hoops like last year to get these.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Only person that understands what exactly? Put aside the great cause, it's not a kid or kids that are making the final designs. They're just kids who provide ideas and HELP design the shoes. What's comical (pun intended) here is that a professional let such a hodge podge of ideas make it to the final colorway. If they had gone with the superman motif, great. But why are there 3 shades of green here? The greens have no business in this design, especially mixed with the yellow.

It's a complete cop out to say that this came from the kids. None of the other ones look this fake/over the top stupid. Ultimately it still comes down to who would wear this? Maybe if you dress like a clock wearing buffoon with a whack sense of style these would fit right in, but I'd never be seen wearing kicks like this.

Green is supposed to represent Kryptonite, I'd imagine.
And why are people so upset over this, just don't get the shoes.  Instead of complaining about declining quality and increasing prices we're complaining about not liking the design of a shoe designed by a kid who's sick and likes Superman.  Don't think there's much more to it than that.  You said none of the other ones look this fake/over the top stupid, but really?  Maybe the previous Jordans have been as loud and bright, but have you SEEN the other shoes in the Doernbecher collections in the past?  It's just a mish mash of colors and pictures all over the shoe.  

Again, it's for charity.  You hate them that much, don't buy them, but like I said, throw some black laces on them and they'll look alot better.  

Had the lime been blue or something, these wouldn't be that bad......but hey, gotta love the kids!

Yuck, these are terrible.

But if people are paying good money for DB releases, why not get 1 pair that can pay for a few pairs of J's I want.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

COPPING AS MANY AS I CAN TO RE-SELL.

WILL NOT WEAR.
Cool story bro, I think we got that point the FIRST time you posted it in this thread 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

glad no one likes them  
will that mean there with be less people camping for them ?
i hope so 

i doubt that

but it would be nice

put me down for 2 pairs if possible
the same people who are bashing the shoes will be the same people shivering in the cold for them come December 
Exactly.  Once they see they are somewhat "limited".  It never fails.  Those same herbs saying they're bad now will be the ones in saying:
"+$$##*@ NDC sold out 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
"

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Only person that understands what exactly? Put aside the great cause, it's not a kid or kids that are making the final designs. They're just kids who provide ideas and HELP design the shoes. What's comical (pun intended) here is that a professional let such a hodge podge of ideas make it to the final colorway. If they had gone with the superman motif, great. But why are there 3 shades of green here? The greens have no business in this design, especially mixed with the yellow.

It's a complete cop out to say that this came from the kids. None of the other ones look this fake/over the top stupid. Ultimately it still comes down to who would wear this? Maybe if you dress like a clock wearing buffoon with a whack sense of style these would fit right in, but I'd never be seen wearing kicks like this.

And why are people so upset over this, just don't get the shoes.  Instead of complaining about declining quality and increasing prices we're complaining about not liking the design of a shoe designed by a kid who's sick and likes Superman.  Don't think there's much more to it than that.  You said none of the other ones look this fake/over the top stupid, but really?  Maybe the previous Jordans have been as loud and bright, but have you SEEN the other shoes in the Doernbecher collections in the past?  It's just a mish mash of colors and pictures all over the shoe.  

Again, it's for charity.  You hate them that much, don't buy them, but like I said, throw some black laces on them and they'll look alot better.  
another person that understands
i'm more for this charity then the one for the air mag 

this is a nike shoe with real history then some silly $%% shoe with glowing lights going for 2 3 4 thousand dollars from a corny comedy movie 

and something most people can afford 

I'll be making a contribution and passing on the shoes. And I won't be one of the "same people" sitting in the cold come December for these. Grown men wearing these ugly $%% shoes? Really? Hahahaha. Lap it up, boys.

Copped because it's for a good cause and I want a complete DB collection. I can't rock these though.

this is a nike shoe with real history then some silly $%% shoe with glowing lights going for 2 3 4 thousand dollars from a corny comedy movie 

<I don't know. This looks like a silly shoe to me (colorwise). And if it's all about the money going to charity then why point out the mag selling for $3k, 4k, or even 5k like it's a bad thing? Shouldn't that be looked at as a positive thing from your point of view?

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

Doernbecher IVs
sick.gif

tired.gif

im copping .... might never wear but im def copping at least 1 pair... i totally understand the concept & im ok with it overall.... BUT DB VI IS/WAS THE BEST DB RELEASE! NO Q'S HANDS DOWN!

I'm sorry, but just because they put this colorway on a pair of IVs doesn't mean it has any history, at least to me. If you see it that way, that's cool, but I don't consider new colorways on retros to have any more history than the brand new Jordans they put out there. These DB IVs aren't my cup of tea and will leave them to the rest to cop, but I do respect that the inspiration came from a great place and can't knock a kid for his creativity. Hell he probably did a better job than I would have at the same age.
As for the Mags, whether you like them or not, is a shoe that people have been wanting for over 2 decades, which is history plain and simple even if you didn't like the movie or most people didn't have the means to cop. Just cuz they aren't a Jordan doesn't mean they don't have history. It sucks they didn't release them to the public, but the production costs to mass produce them would probably be too high and they most likely also want to preserve that sense of exclusivity/rarity of the shoes. Auction just makes the most sense for their bottom line, which is to raise as much money as possible, and they clearly did a good job of that by getting over 5 million. Would you rather they release them to everybody, have resellers pick up a whole bunch of them, and then lose out on potential profits for charity to some guys who are just trying to make a quick buck? At the end of the day, whatever they make from both shoes are going to great causes, so it's a winning situation for everybody involved, ain't a competition. And if you didn't like the lights, there's always an off button...

Back
Top Bottom