Air Jordan IV Doernbecher Charity NOVEMBER 5 2011 175.00 308497-015

These aren't for me.

Wacky colors and that terrible retro shape.
sick.gif

As long as the kid is happy with his creation though.

I wish they made the superman logo removable like the tour iv's. I bet people wouldn't complain as much. Now imagine if these had"Nike air" on the back instead of the jumpman. People would be like " oh instant cop, robo-copped, at least 10 pairs" etc. Still will get these and I do like them in a strange way.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by JE15306

Got pumped up for nothing...
mad.gif
The 6's are the best in my eyes now. These look too childish, like if they shoot out toys or light up
eyes.gif
 Oh well, theres the next year.

well dude the shoes are made by a child 
i support these before the air mag 

this is the only time of the year i give to charity 

i would guess there dropping in December since they are smuggled out the sweatshops now (shoes are made 3 months before release date most times) and last years pair was released in December 
Yea bro I know, there for charity and all but there not just for me. These shoes will probably sale the same as the others if not slightly less. People want these because there Doernbechers and the story behind them. I still know people will camp out for these and buy them online in an instant. Just not for me, though. Really like the fact that there by a sick child, and JB helping out a bit. I know it's not that much, but if I was in one of those hospitals and got to design a Jordan Doernbecher... I would be   
nerd.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Got pumped up for nothing...
mad.gif
The 6's are the best in my eyes now. These look too childish, like if they shoot out toys or light up
eyes.gif
 Oh well, theres the next year.

well dude the shoes are made by a child 
i support these before the air mag 

this is the only time of the year i give to charity 

i would guess there dropping in December since they are smuggled out the sweatshops now (shoes are made 3 months before release date most times) and last years pair was released in December 
Yea bro I know, there for charity and all but there not just for me. These shoes will probably sale the same as the others if not slightly less. People want these because there Doernbechers and the story behind them. I still know people will camp out for these and buy them online in an instant. Just not for me, though. Really like the fact that there by a sick child, and JB helping out a bit. I know it's not that much, but if I was in one of those hospitals and got to design a Jordan Doernbecher... I would be   
nerd.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
i hear ya bro

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

eh pretty dissapointed. I never thought I'd see the day that JB makes cw's that look like fakes.

Do you not know the story behind these? Jb did NOT design them smh

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I REALLY LIKE THAT I HAVE FANS WHO FOLLOW AND QUOTE MY EVERY POST....

GET NEW CATCH PHRASES. COOL STORY BRO HAS BEEN USED UP BY THE INTERNET.

WELL WHEN YOU TYPE LIKE YOUR CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN MOST PEOPLE WILL SEE YOUR POST AND RESPOND. What's really washed up is you feeling the need to go into every thread and say how you're gonna resell just like you did in here and the mag thread, bum.

I'ma keep it positive: This is the 4th best Doernbecher Jordan that I've seen, congrats to the young kid that had the opportunity to create something that expresses his youth and creativeness.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Only person that understands what exactly? Put aside the great cause, it's not a kid or kids that are making the final designs. They're just kids who provide ideas and HELP design the shoes. What's comical (pun intended) here is that a professional let such a hodge podge of ideas make it to the final colorway. If they had gone with the superman motif, great. But why are there 3 shades of green here? The greens have no business in this design, especially mixed with the yellow.

It's a complete cop out to say that this came from the kids. None of the other ones look this fake/over the top stupid. Ultimately it still comes down to who would wear this? Maybe if you dress like a clock wearing buffoon with a whack sense of style these would fit right in, but I'd never be seen wearing kicks like this.

Green is supposed to represent Kryptonite, I'd imagine.
And why are people so upset over this, just don't get the shoes.  Instead of complaining about declining quality and increasing prices we're complaining about not liking the design of a shoe designed by a kid who's sick and likes Superman.  Don't think there's much more to it than that.  You said none of the other ones look this fake/over the top stupid, but really?  Maybe the previous Jordans have been as loud and bright, but have you SEEN the other shoes in the Doernbecher collections in the past?  It's just a mish mash of colors and pictures all over the shoe.  

Again, it's for charity.  You hate them that much, don't buy them, but like I said, throw some black laces on them and they'll look alot better.  
another person that understands
i'm more for this charity then the one for the air mag 

this is a nike shoe with real history then some silly %@% shoe with glowing lights going for 2 3 4 thousand dollars from a corny comedy movie 

and something most people can afford 

someone sounds salty they didnt get da air mags
laugh.gif

look, bottomline..i dont care if a dyin unicorn took his last piss on these....i've never seen a pair of legally sanctioned jordans look this atrocious in my life....i dunno how they can justify holding NIKE AIR and proper materials but

and turn around and make these monstrosities.....they literally look like they came outta one of those piss poor variant sites.

Originally Posted by Mister Victory

I'ma keep it positive: This is the 4th best Doernbecher Jordan that I've seen, congrats to the young kid that had the opportunity to create something that expresses his youth and creativeness.

I respect this. Let's not call them the "worst", let's call them the 4th best. I won't lie, in a really strange way, these have grown on me. I'll attempt to get a pair. And yeah, I'll wear them.

Honestly im disappointed in the color blocking. The green throws it all off. I will still grab a pair to support the cause. If they only replaced the green with blue or even red to keep the super man them. Just my 2¢

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Green is supposed to represent Kryptonite, I'd imagine.
And why are people so upset over this, just don't get the shoes.  Instead of complaining about declining quality and increasing prices we're complaining about not liking the design of a shoe designed by a kid who's sick and likes Superman.  Don't think there's much more to it than that.  You said none of the other ones look this fake/over the top stupid, but really?  Maybe the previous Jordans have been as loud and bright, but have you SEEN the other shoes in the Doernbecher collections in the past?  It's just a mish mash of colors and pictures all over the shoe.  

Again, it's for charity.  You hate them that much, don't buy them, but like I said, throw some black laces on them and they'll look alot better.  

this is a nike shoe with real history then some silly %@% shoe with glowing lights going for 2 3 4 thousand dollars from a corny comedy movie 

laugh.gif

look, bottomline..i dont care if a dyin unicorn took his last piss on these....i've never seen a pair of legally sanctioned jordans look this atrocious in my life....i dunno how they can justify holding NIKE AIR and proper materials but

and turn around and make these monstrosities.....they literally look like they came outta one of those piss poor variant sites.
when i read your post 
i thought of a new name not air mags HOW ABOUT AIR RAGS 
laugh.gif

Wow, as in my eyes are kind of hurting. I'll probably still try to get a pair if I can. It's diffucult when Nike limits everything now. Why limit how much you can raise for a charity though? I figure everyone will love these. The sneakerhead community tends to love ugly, bright shoes (like Kobe VI Grinches).

Unbelievable. Never thought I'd see the day JB push the identical colorway/design from the fakes.

Even worst, it looks like JB is giving all the 4's the pleather/suede wing lace-holders. If that stays true, I will pass on every IV released.

JB - never ceases to amaze me..

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

when i read your post 
i thought of a new name not air mags HOW ABOUT AIR RAGS 
laugh.gif
you cant honestly think these DB IVs actually look decent, can you? Ill admit that the Air Mags are a acquired taste, but these DB IVs look like fakes from Nicekicks.com circa 2001/2002. If you wear these, people are going to laugh at you for wearing a sneaker that looks like it came with a matching lunchbox and thermos 

Back
Top Bottom