AIR JORDAN IV FROM THE IV/XIX PACK!!!!!!!PIX

Man, the bad thing about this release is that it will render our favorite past time of "fake spotting" extinct. I will purchase the pack becausemy 99 cements cracked on the basketball court(devastating). But for those of us opining for shoes gone by, where have you been the past few years. How manyof you are actually surprised by the look of the shoe? Think back on the all of the IVs that have been released since 99...are you really surprised? Hopefully, the quality will be OK.....but then again, think back on all of the IVs that have been released since 99.

JB can choke on this pack! i have a DS pair which will be on ice as a collectors item to preserve what one of the best series once looked like. i was outragedwhen they did this to the MARS but i blame myself for missing out when they released back in the day. i just remember that the mars seemed weird to get or ifyou got them you were considered wack for missing out on the cement and black/reds. but now if you can get a og ds mars iv you would have to dump a good amountof cake to cop...

Originally Posted by BlackLabelBoss

There's no problems here. And I agree with what you are saying in your posts about the quality, legacy and the respect for JB. But on the real, I feel that if this was another shoe like a retro plus, people would still be complaining about the color or something else less important. And they would be begging for this color-way. I didn't mean to seem like I was throwing shots at you. Your post was the one that gave me that ammo I needed because like I said some people aren't satisfied and I just got kinda heated. No problems here.
I agree that no matter how good any of the retros are, people will always be complaining about something. That's just the way it is. You cannever make everyone happy.

And to the people that don't understand why everyone thinks the '99 retros are so great, it's all about how JB kept it so close to the OG. Theseshoes kept the same overall shape and feel. Sure there are a lot of differences: the collar is different height, it has more collar padding, the tounge is adifferent shape, the materials are different/updated................hell the cement color and speckle pattern is different on the White/cements. But they keptthe shape and overall feel the same. They also kept the Nike Air on the back. I could really care less about the Nike Air, and as a matter of fact, Iactually like the Jumpman on the back. If they all came with the Nike Air on them, that would be cool because that is how they came originally and it doeslook good. But I'm not mad that they changed it to the Jumpman. An Air Jordan has not had a Nike logo on it's outside since '91, and people stillbought the VII all the way up to the present XXIII. What really kills me as an Air Jordan fan, is that they did a 180 on IV. Look at the III and V. Bothshoes, (while recently having crap quality leather), stayed true to the OG shape. You might hear people cry about the cheap leather and other materials, butyou never hear anyone complain about the shape and feel being off. I remember seeing how excited people were before release day for both Fire Red versions. If JB had changed the III to be more of a low top like they have with the IV, people would be burning down JB headquarters.

Can someone explain to me the differences besides the obvious missing Nike Air on the back?
I don't understand how everyone is saying the shape is off and havent seen them in person more or less wear them.
Thanks in advance

im dissappointed in these cement IV i would have to see them on the feet....if they dont look good i might have to pass on this pack!!!

You're wasting your time NT.
The average "she like my dougie" customer is not even going to remember the original shape of the 99's, and would much rather have the Jumpman onthe back of thier "Jays" than a Nike Air logo. And plus..."these limited".
Face it people this is the new direction of JB.

butchered them
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2345

Originally Posted by Trav T

What's with those complaining about Nike Air not being on the back? They haven't been like that since '99, so seriously, were you really expecting them to change it back?
cosign

what kinda cop out is that?! most retros are 15-16 years old...look at da nike side of things...da techchallenges are no longer "lava" cuz itisn't 1990?
grin.gif
stupid excuse right..yeah, so apply it toda Jordan IV's that were already retroed perfectly 9 years ago....what happened, all of a sudden they forgot to do that? a billion dollar company forgothow to give us that?
smh.gif

clean, might cop but quality is a major factor for me now, Im tired of spending all this money for low quality shoes..

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

Originally Posted by shoeking2345

Originally Posted by Trav T

What's with those complaining about Nike Air not being on the back? They haven't been like that since '99, so seriously, were you really expecting them to change it back?
cosign

what kinda cop out is that?! most retros are 15-16 years old...look at da nike side of things...da techchallenges are no longer "lava" cuz it isn't 1990?
grin.gif
stupid excuse right..yeah, so apply it to da Jordan IV's that were already retroed perfectly 9 years ago....what happened, all of a sudden they forgot to do that? a billion dollar company forgot how to give us that?
smh.gif

JB uses cheaper material to save more money for them. the design of the iv's cause the cheap material to lose the overall shape so they decided toalter the design of the shoe to help keep the shape using weaker more inferior material. i believe this it the reason why the design is so different....

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

Originally Posted by CarmineJordan

Instead of retroing a IV they should have butcher it to a new colorway......like they did to the 10,14,21

the 10 wasnt a new color way

Yes it was son.........they are the smoke greys with 23 not shadow tens

i agree with the cheaper material argument. that is how the rich stay rich. they scimp/scrounge and cut corners, they do anything to keep money in theirpockets. in this case Nike/JB is cutting corners with the materials (leather,suede,nubuck). they use the cheapest materials that they can get their hands onfor their retros, and then throw an "LS" tag on them and let the $$$$ pour in. they do however use slightly better materials for their basketballline and sig shoes xvii and up. i just bought a pr of xxii pe's for Bball (on sale at Dr. Jays) and they look like they will last awhile. best thing to dois just not buy or limit what you buy.

Originally Posted by CarmineJordan

Gentry is in here

I REPEAT Gentry is in here

i hope he's listening to the complaints, not that he gives an eff. that pic with dudes surroundin him like he was MJ himself made me sick. cats wascheezin like they got their first piece of punnash.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by chris nosnah

How do they look off? The only thing that is different is the nike air. People are trippin
Did you read this thread, or jump to the last page. There are numerous posts that outline the differences and even show pics.

Originally Posted by chris nosnah

How do they look off? The only thing that is different is the nike air. People are trippin
Originally Posted by jaywalker23

Can someone explain to me the differences besides the obvious missing Nike Air on the back?
I don't understand how everyone is saying the shape is off and havent seen them in person more or less wear them.
Thanks in advance
Sheep..... You cannot honestly tell me you can't pinpoint the differences btw the two. Must have a lot of retro+ colorways.
laugh.gif

Honestly, the differences between '99 retros and 2006-2008 aren't as drastic as NikeTalkers portray them to be. I mean the only noticeable differencesare in mesh angle and what logo is on the back. Probably 90% of the people who see these shoes on your feet don't even care about the differences. However,complaints about quality are valid. Newer retros do seem to have cheaper leather and crease easier.

most of you guys will be wearing pants with these and you won't really even tell whether they have the "nike air" or "jumpman" logolulz if you don't they them then fine...but if you're going to complain and whine, simply don't buy them...that means more pairs for me
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom