Air Jordan IV "Green Glow" Dark Grey/Green Glow/Cement Grey/Black FALL 2013

i'm passing.  even with a $20 reward coupon.  if these actually looked like how they did when they first surfaced the internet (the mostly all dark / black upper with the hits of the green glow) then yeah i'm ALL IN,   but once official pics came out (two toned grey upper) ...i changed my mind.   Cool concept / dope color, but i'll pass only because there's other releases up coming I'd rather cop.  Should of been dubbed the Mint 4's  (reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream every time I see pics of these)

2 more weeks, I'm going to use one of my wc rewards on these I've liked them since the original photoshop renderings came out I would've preferred an all grey upper but the two color toe box isn't that big of a deal.

Saw on feet videos and they turned me. Im copping, ive heard in australia its a footlocker exclusive, anyone in the states hear that these may be limited somewhat?

Patiently waiting for these 
eyes.gif

With the amount of pairs I've seen of these already at various sneaker shoes and such..Is it safe to assume that these will be a readily available GR?

Yep. 4 Green Glows. Until the SAME cw is made, it ain't a retro. Regardless of how far apart from the rest of the line.
But the retro name refers to the model itself, not the colorway. If your talking cw that haven't dropped before, that's where the "retro +" tag comes into play.

But the retro name refers to the model itself, not the colorway. If your talking cw that haven't dropped before, that's where the "retro +" tag comes into play.

I got this idea when they made some Jordan 1 with new cw in 08, and they all say Air Jordan 1. Or are 1s an exception.

Hmmmm, my Black Grapes say retro tho. Confused? Or it just doesn't matter. Jordan names their **** whatever.

Last edited:
I got this idea when they made some Jordan 1 with new cw in 08, and they all say Air Jordan 1. Or are 1s an exception.

Hmmmm, my Black Grapes say retro tho. Confused? Or it just doesn't matter. Jordan names their **** whatever.
Doesnt matter the cway man .. its all retro .. its called retro because its that mold. If im not mistaken the only pairs and boxes that are not considered retros are the OG from 80s & 90s.

so pretty much now when you see any shoe 1-14 its gonna be hit with the retro tag.

Perhaps youre thinking of the AJ 1 phats?

I'm not picking these up, but I'd actually L00K at them if that light grey around the toe box was the same dark grey as the rest of the shoe.
Good luck to those of you grabbing these for wears...
Beat em :smokin

Doesnt matter the cway man .. its all retro .. its called retro because its that mold. If im not mistaken the only pairs and boxes that are not considered retros are the OG from 80s & 90s.

so pretty much now when you see any shoe 1-14 its gonna be hit with the retro tag.

Perhaps youre thinking of the AJ 1 phats?

ewww phats...

It was the Armed Forces / Military pack. Box just says Air Jordan 1. I'm not going by what sites say, but the actual tagging on boxes that are sent from manufacturers.
Guessing only Jordan get retros? Because with all these other shoes (nike and reebok) coming out with new colors ain't getting these retro tags.

With these I'm saying OLD shoe with NEW cw, instead of OLD show with OLD cw. Disregarding the use of Retro since it is really meaningless. Or maybe jsut add a date to each shoe.

phats just not my taste. i understand the appeal with price and colorway though.

i think i may need to explain. I'm not a fan of too much padding. not a SB shoe person.

Last edited:
With these I'm saying OLD shoe with NEW cw, instead of OLD show with OLD cw. Disregarding the use of Retro since it is really meaningless. Or maybe jsut add a date to each shoe.
You're describing a "Retro+". Retro literally means something from the past. That applies to these new releases of old shoes perfectly. Jordan used to throw the + after the Retro on the box if the colorway wasn't original, I'm guessing they don't do that now for some reason or another. Anyways, there's already a solid system in place, no need to change it because if you use that terminology with anyone who knows a little bit, they'll know exactly what you're talking about.

Last edited:
This is the first release this year i cannot decide on! Yesterday i was like "robocop" today im like i reall dunno. Strange, prob cos i want the fear 4's more but australias not getting em. il have a 30% off at FL so i guess il prob just cop for the low since im not sure. then i can just beat em or trade i guess. Still salty and will be for a long time about that fear pack crap

There was 1 set of pics that had the shoe in all grey, whether it was a sample or a fake or w/e it did look pretty clean.

Any pictures you saw with the all grey, without the ligther toe box, was a photoshop rendering. There was no actual sample that was all grey.

via http://sneakerbardetroit.com/2013/08/air-jordan-4-retro-green-glow-vs-sample-version/

The Air Jordan 4 Retro "Green Glow"  has two different models, one was a first seen known now as the sample version and the other is the retail version. Here are both Air Jordan 4 Retro “Green Glow” models side-to-side with the retail pair on the left.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom