Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to the new IV's. I wonder if they've changed anything with the white netting so that it doesnt end up all yellow like previous releases....

I'm looking forward to the new IV's. I wonder if they've changed anything with the white netting so that it doesnt end up all yellow like previous releases....

Originally Posted by sthebest

it seems alot of people are turned off by these. im still going to buy them. reason being is because white/cemen IVs are my favorite IV colorway and one of my favorite Jordans of all time. for me, its not about the shade of grey. Ive always been a fan of the speckling of these..its such a unique feature and was the first shoe to feature it. My 99s sole cracked and even though I sole swapped them, it was hard to replicate the speckle job. with that said, I dont care what the shade of grey is on these...im going to buy them. they could even label these a retro+ and I would buy. Finding wearable 99 retros is near impossible and I dont want to dish out 500+ and have the shoe crumble on me.

99s may have had a great mold and nike air but their shelf life is crap. 2000 Vs and VIs are still wearable, and some 94 IIIs and IIs too, but 1999 4s fall apart easily. that's a of lack of durability right there. its like Jordan Brand cheaped out on the polyeurathene used back then.

I can't agree with that at all.  I purchased the white/cement IVs in 1999 on the day they released and wore them regularly until last year when I "retired" them.  They never cracked after decent wear for 12 years.  I purchased my black/grey/red 99s deadstock from Flight CLub in 2004 and the right shoe's mid sole finally started to split after standing in them at a concert last year.  I did baby them more than the white/cements because they were deadstock for years before they were worn, yet they had a good run for a shoe that sat in a box for 5 years and worn for 7 years.  I don't think you can ask for more than that.....and if you visit the WDYWT thread you still see folks wearing the 99 retro's to this day.

I agree that it isn't wise to buy a pair of DS 99 retros to wear in the year 2012....but that is honestly asking a lot of a shoe that age.  It has less to do with the materials being cheap and more to do with what materials the shoe is made of.

Originally Posted by sthebest

it seems alot of people are turned off by these. im still going to buy them. reason being is because white/cemen IVs are my favorite IV colorway and one of my favorite Jordans of all time. for me, its not about the shade of grey. Ive always been a fan of the speckling of these..its such a unique feature and was the first shoe to feature it. My 99s sole cracked and even though I sole swapped them, it was hard to replicate the speckle job. with that said, I dont care what the shade of grey is on these...im going to buy them. they could even label these a retro+ and I would buy. Finding wearable 99 retros is near impossible and I dont want to dish out 500+ and have the shoe crumble on me.

99s may have had a great mold and nike air but their shelf life is crap. 2000 Vs and VIs are still wearable, and some 94 IIIs and IIs too, but 1999 4s fall apart easily. that's a of lack of durability right there. its like Jordan Brand cheaped out on the polyeurathene used back then.

I can't agree with that at all.  I purchased the white/cement IVs in 1999 on the day they released and wore them regularly until last year when I "retired" them.  They never cracked after decent wear for 12 years.  I purchased my black/grey/red 99s deadstock from Flight CLub in 2004 and the right shoe's mid sole finally started to split after standing in them at a concert last year.  I did baby them more than the white/cements because they were deadstock for years before they were worn, yet they had a good run for a shoe that sat in a box for 5 years and worn for 7 years.  I don't think you can ask for more than that.....and if you visit the WDYWT thread you still see folks wearing the 99 retro's to this day.

I agree that it isn't wise to buy a pair of DS 99 retros to wear in the year 2012....but that is honestly asking a lot of a shoe that age.  It has less to do with the materials being cheap and more to do with what materials the shoe is made of.

contemplating skipping the X's to double up on these. i want the X's badly though
frown.gif

contemplating skipping the X's to double up on these. i want the X's badly though
frown.gif

I, for one, am quite excited for this release and that's coming from someone who owns a pair of  wearable 99's! It doesn't really matter to me that the shape is different than the OG's or the 99's. Fact of that matter is, they still look pretty damn good. 

I, for one, am quite excited for this release and that's coming from someone who owns a pair of  wearable 99's! It doesn't really matter to me that the shape is different than the OG's or the 99's. Fact of that matter is, they still look pretty damn good. 

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Originally Posted by brianhimself1

They don't look bad at all, though I'm sure they will be one of the most uncomfortable retros to date.

And just because,

eek.gif
 A post from Brian! -this man knows a thing or two about Air Jordan IVs

What up FP! How you living these days?

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Originally Posted by brianhimself1

They don't look bad at all, though I'm sure they will be one of the most uncomfortable retros to date.

And just because,

eek.gif
 A post from Brian! -this man knows a thing or two about Air Jordan IVs

What up FP! How you living these days?

I have always wanted these IVs. I think they look really good and I am very stoked for this release. 2 pair, one to stash away and one to rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom