Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by brianhimself1

They don't look bad at all, though I'm sure they will be one of the most uncomfortable retros to date.

And just because,
2sajpmv.jpg

eek.gif
 A post from Brian! -this man knows a thing or two about Air Jordan IVs

They don't look bad at all, though I'm sure they will be one of the most uncomfortable retros to date.

And just because,
2sajpmv.jpg

eek.gif
 A post from Brian! -this man knows a thing or two about Air Jordan IVs

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

Please don't butcher these classics...man more than any other kick I am really a purist when it comes to these...I've been waiting patiently for them for many years...
I refuse to pay this much money for a shoe and have to alter it myself to make it closer to what it should be....if the product isn't up to my standards as-is then I will not purchase. 

The Air Jordan IV has already been butchered by the Brand.....a purist wouldn't even bother with these.  I feel for the new generation that have to pay so much for a shadow of what this model was and should be.

Not in that "new generation"...comin' up on 33 myself, only reason I didn't have these when I was a kid is we just didn't have the money. My '99s are long dead. Purist seems to be used more in a protest sense. It's a shame, but I will purchase these as long as the final product resembles the original. At this point, from what I've seen, I will copp. Such is life.
I echo the same sentiments rojanjon.  I had to bury my '99s a few years ago too.  It is a shame to 'settle' as some people may call it, but I'm a nostalgic person and I don't have time to make an "F-U JB petition/protest" or whatever.  

Please don't butcher these classics...man more than any other kick I am really a purist when it comes to these...I've been waiting patiently for them for many years...
I refuse to pay this much money for a shoe and have to alter it myself to make it closer to what it should be....if the product isn't up to my standards as-is then I will not purchase. 

The Air Jordan IV has already been butchered by the Brand.....a purist wouldn't even bother with these.  I feel for the new generation that have to pay so much for a shadow of what this model was and should be.

Not in that "new generation"...comin' up on 33 myself, only reason I didn't have these when I was a kid is we just didn't have the money. My '99s are long dead. Purist seems to be used more in a protest sense. It's a shame, but I will purchase these as long as the final product resembles the original. At this point, from what I've seen, I will copp. Such is life.
I echo the same sentiments rojanjon.  I had to bury my '99s a few years ago too.  It is a shame to 'settle' as some people may call it, but I'm a nostalgic person and I don't have time to make an "F-U JB petition/protest" or whatever.  

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Originally Posted by aphexacid

The last 4's that were comfortable were the cool greys. all after that sucked
I thought the Playoff XIII's were crazy comfy.

he talking strictly about jordan 4s comfort. And I agree, cool greys were great. wore military 4s, they were mediocre.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Originally Posted by aphexacid

The last 4's that were comfortable were the cool greys. all after that sucked
I thought the Playoff XIII's were crazy comfy.

he talking strictly about jordan 4s comfort. And I agree, cool greys were great. wore military 4s, they were mediocre.

And just because,
2sajpmv.jpg

Very nice, such a beautiful shoe. 
pimp.gif

Everyone who keeps trying to make a case for these resembling the OG's more than the 99's do just needs to stop.

The 2012 retros are a completely different shoe than the originals. The whole shape of the shoe is completely different. The netting is completely different.

So the grey resembles the OG's a little bit more? That's it? People need to stop trying to justify the 2012 retro's as resembling the originals because the fact is that they do not resemble them at all.

The 99's were as close to the OG's that you can get. Even with a new mold on these 2012's the only thing JB managed to get right was the shade of grey they used.

The only thing we can hope for is that these are better quality than the last run of retro IV's and chances are they wont be. The 2011 retro III's were hyped up to be a better quality shoe and have a better mid-sole paint than the previous run of retro's, yet they still suffered from the mid-sole cracking like that of the previous run of retro III's.

It's cool that they're giving us the cool box, paper and what not. But that's the least they can do with the massive price increase.

I rather have a crappy box as long as it ment the price increase gave us better materials, no mid-sole cracking and Nike Air on the back. Obviously not going to happen though.

And just because,
2sajpmv.jpg

Very nice, such a beautiful shoe. 
pimp.gif

Everyone who keeps trying to make a case for these resembling the OG's more than the 99's do just needs to stop.

The 2012 retros are a completely different shoe than the originals. The whole shape of the shoe is completely different. The netting is completely different.

So the grey resembles the OG's a little bit more? That's it? People need to stop trying to justify the 2012 retro's as resembling the originals because the fact is that they do not resemble them at all.

The 99's were as close to the OG's that you can get. Even with a new mold on these 2012's the only thing JB managed to get right was the shade of grey they used.

The only thing we can hope for is that these are better quality than the last run of retro IV's and chances are they wont be. The 2011 retro III's were hyped up to be a better quality shoe and have a better mid-sole paint than the previous run of retro's, yet they still suffered from the mid-sole cracking like that of the previous run of retro III's.

It's cool that they're giving us the cool box, paper and what not. But that's the least they can do with the massive price increase.

I rather have a crappy box as long as it ment the price increase gave us better materials, no mid-sole cracking and Nike Air on the back. Obviously not going to happen though.

I didn't mean to insinuate you were a "new generation" consumer, just that I wish that said consumer could have something closer to what made this model a classic.  I don't feel this release will be that, more of a shadow of its former self.  I'm also not trying to sway anyone from buying them just because they aren't for me.  IMO this is a diluted version of the AJ IV, as are most of the IV releases past the 1999 black/grey/reds and white/cement greys, but if you truly like these I hope you buy them and enjoy them.

No worries family, I feel ya. It's all love. Peace.

I didn't mean to insinuate you were a "new generation" consumer, just that I wish that said consumer could have something closer to what made this model a classic.  I don't feel this release will be that, more of a shadow of its former self.  I'm also not trying to sway anyone from buying them just because they aren't for me.  IMO this is a diluted version of the AJ IV, as are most of the IV releases past the 1999 black/grey/reds and white/cement greys, but if you truly like these I hope you buy them and enjoy them.

No worries family, I feel ya. It's all love. Peace.

it seems alot of people are turned off by these. im still going to buy them. reason being is because white/cemen IVs are my favorite IV colorway and one of my favorite Jordans of all time. for me, its not about the shade of grey. Ive always been a fan of the speckling of these..its such a unique feature and was the first shoe to feature it. My 99s sole cracked and even though I sole swapped them, it was hard to replicate the speckle job. with that said, I dont care what the shade of grey is on these...im going to buy them. they could even label these a retro+ and I would buy. Finding wearable 99 retros is near impossible and I dont want to dish out 500+ and have the shoe crumble on me.

99s may have had a great mold and nike air but their shelf life is crap. 2000 Vs and VIs are still wearable, and some 94 IIIs and IIs too, but 1999 4s fall apart easily. that's a of lack of durability right there. its like Jordan Brand cheaped out on the polyeurathene used back then.

it seems alot of people are turned off by these. im still going to buy them. reason being is because white/cemen IVs are my favorite IV colorway and one of my favorite Jordans of all time. for me, its not about the shade of grey. Ive always been a fan of the speckling of these..its such a unique feature and was the first shoe to feature it. My 99s sole cracked and even though I sole swapped them, it was hard to replicate the speckle job. with that said, I dont care what the shade of grey is on these...im going to buy them. they could even label these a retro+ and I would buy. Finding wearable 99 retros is near impossible and I dont want to dish out 500+ and have the shoe crumble on me.

99s may have had a great mold and nike air but their shelf life is crap. 2000 Vs and VIs are still wearable, and some 94 IIIs and IIs too, but 1999 4s fall apart easily. that's a of lack of durability right there. its like Jordan Brand cheaped out on the polyeurathene used back then.

Originally Posted by sthebest

the 4's are one of my favorites jordans...i also want the black/cement/red,white/black/red, & white/blue releases

Originally Posted by sthebest

the 4's are one of my favorites jordans...i also want the black/cement/red,white/black/red, & white/blue releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom