Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Completely Fire. One can only hope the rest of the IVs use this mold. It's noticeably better than all the IVs since 1999.
I think this will be the new mold for the IVs. they probably destroyed the ones from 2006 and had to create it. Not to mention that Jordan Brand pays attention to this thread and made a note of all the things wrong with the 2006 IVs and tried to remedy it (this also happened with the XI and VII molds, where the shapes got changed to look closer to their OG counterparts).

best part is that they finally fixed the toebox and made the shoe look more stubby rather than elongated
air-jordan-iv-white-cement-rmk-10.jpg

I don't know about everyone else, but im pleased with the outcome. Sorry to beat a dead horse but I havent been this excited about a new release in a LONG time. Every since my 99s cracked, ive been too scared to buy another pair. And now, I can buy 2-3 pairs for what a DS pair would cost. THANK YOU JB!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

From the early pictures, one of the best retros in years.

its going to be crazy because these 4's are grails to alot of people and some have even dropped $400+ on a ds pair but know jb is going to gr them and some pairs will probaly end up in outlets. i wont even need to line up for these in my city, they will be on the shelves for at least 2-3 or days before they even come close to selling out. im not talking down on the shoe, i love the colorway, its just crazy how these and many other jordan retros can go from $400+ grail status to $160 and under gr's that hit outlets. jb needs to drop a retro 4 bin 23 premio, im sure they would be a special treat for us sneakerheads.

its going to be crazy because these 4's are grails to alot of people and some have even dropped $400+ on a ds pair but know jb is going to gr them and some pairs will probaly end up in outlets. i wont even need to line up for these in my city, they will be on the shelves for at least 2-3 or days before they even come close to selling out. im not talking down on the shoe, i love the colorway, its just crazy how these and many other jordan retros can go from $400+ grail status to $160 and under gr's that hit outlets. jb needs to drop a retro 4 bin 23 premio, im sure they would be a special treat for us sneakerheads.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

That's the same %++ %*!##!% mold they been using what the hell are yall looking at??
Well i own the 1999 version and i must say these are absolutely made OK. The toe cap is slightly different
as the 1999 version was flattened than the more boxy shape of these (same issue with the III retros).

But they look good and that is what counts.

Honestly, while the toe box of the 2001 III retros were much closer to the OGs, i must say i prefer

the toe box of the 2011 retros. 

That's the same %++ %*!##!% mold they been using what the hell are yall looking at??
Well i own the 1999 version and i must say these are absolutely made OK. The toe cap is slightly different
as the 1999 version was flattened than the more boxy shape of these (same issue with the III retros).

But they look good and that is what counts.

Honestly, while the toe box of the 2001 III retros were much closer to the OGs, i must say i prefer

the toe box of the 2011 retros. 

we know you beasts are pissing your pants over the opportunity
to finally a own a wearable pair of this shoe,
but there is no need to make outlandish claims like these 2012s
have a better shape or are closer in design in anyway to the originals than the 99s
please go use your imagination somewhere else

have a better shape or are closer in design in anyway to the originals than the 99s

Originally Posted by green rhino123

No offense and I can't speak for everyone else, but I had a pair of 99s (and 99 black cements) but there IS a difference to the shape, even if its slight. The 99s were a masterpiece in their own right but these are a beauty too. The 2012s arent perfect but theyre great by today's standards. Things could have been MUCH worse (remember the days of DTRT IIIs, brown/pink VIIIs, , and the many other horrible retro+ colorways that dropped instead of original colorways). Besides, once the shoe is not as tightly laced and is actually on foot, it will look even better.
Now where these will differ will be the comfort. The 99s were on another level (almost air max like) so these will have alot to live up to in that aspect). The only thing I wish they had done was slant the mesh like the 99s. that would make the shape look even better because it helps with the flow of the shoe.

No offense and I can't speak for everyone else, but I had a pair of 99s (and 99 black cements) but there IS a difference to the shape, even if its slight. The 99s were a masterpiece in their own right but these are a beauty too. The 2012s arent perfect but theyre great by today's standards. Things could have been MUCH worse (remember the days of DTRT IIIs, brown/pink VIIIs, , and the many other horrible retro+ colorways that dropped instead of original colorways). Besides, once the shoe is not as tightly laced and is actually on foot, it will look even better.
Now where these will differ will be the comfort. The 99s were on another level (almost air max like) so these will have alot to live up to in that aspect). The only thing I wish they had done was slant the mesh like the 99s. that would make the shape look even better because it helps with the flow of the shoe.

The one thing I do notice that's different, is the way the toe box wraps around smoothly, rather that being "boxy". I love that.

The one thing I do notice that's different, is the way the toe box wraps around smoothly, rather that being "boxy". I love that.

I think some people just need to find something
To complain. I'm glad that the colorblocking
Is done right, something that is really not given
For years. Glad that they dont look like
The white/black-tech anymore.

I think some people just need to find something
To complain. I'm glad that the colorblocking
Is done right, something that is really not given
For years. Glad that they dont look like
The white/black-tech anymore.

sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. This is exactly the type of sneaker "elitism" that I find so annoying. So there's people on here that are excited about this shoe, its been 11+ years since we've seen a retro.
Are these on par with the 99s...most likely not, but this is the state of JB nowadays. It's pretty ridiculous to try and compare the two obviously. But this smug attitude of "my opinion is the only thing that matters" rubs me the wrong way.
Please go elsewhere if the "beasts" are so beneath you.

I'd much rather have the light cement like on the 99's, I got so accustomed to seeing fakes with that dark print like these that I'm not even checking for these anymore.
Good luck to everyone copping...

It's definitely a different mold. They're not 100% spot on but they semi fixed the elongated look of recent iv retros by fixing that toebox. Added more toecap and took away some of the banana boat shape. We'll definitely have to wait until they're  put next to a white background to see the true shape of the outsole.

We're going to have to accept that we'll never ever ever get an exact replica of anything previously released from this company. I mean these recent pictures of adult sizes don't even look like each other. One of them has a shape similar to the 99's and one similar to 06's.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Best retro remake in YEARS.

The shape of these is very acceptable. Im not even bothered by the slightly darker grey.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

It's definitely a different mold. They're not 100% spot on but they semi fixed the elongated look of recent iv retros by fixing that toebox. Added more toecap and took away some of the banana boat shape. We'll definitely have to wait until they're  put next to a white background to see the true shape of the outsole.

We're going to have to accept that we'll never ever ever get an exact replica of anything previously released from this company. I mean these recent pictures of adult sizes don't even look like each other. One of them has a shape similar to the 99's and one similar to 06's.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

One thing I noticed that that the fixed is add more medial height on the sides. That's probably whats making the toebox sit higher and more rounded. Also on the sole, the black rubber portion comes to slant like on the 99s. In addition, the toebox looks shorter on the 2012s than the 2006s and CDPs, which helps. And the mesh size is different on the 2012s, closer to the 99s. the bump in the back is what really sets the mold off right.
Question though: didnt RMK photoshop their pictures of the Concords? If they did it for those, they could have made their pair to take pics using scraps from the old mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom