Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

That's the same %++ %*!##!% mold they been using what the hell are yall looking at??
It's definitely a different mold. They're not 100% spot on but they semi fixed the elongated look of recent iv retros by fixing that toebox. Added more toecap and took away some of the banana boat shape. We'll definitely have to wait until they're  put next to a white background to see the true shape of the outsole.

We're going to have to accept that we'll never ever ever get an exact replica of anything previously released from this company. I mean these recent pictures of adult sizes don't even look like each other. One of them has a shape similar to the 99's and one similar to 06's.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

One thing I noticed that that the fixed is add more medial height on the sides. That's probably whats making the toebox sit higher and more rounded. Also on the sole, the black rubber portion comes to slant like on the 99s. In addition, the toebox looks shorter on the 2012s than the 2006s and CDPs, which helps. And the mesh size is different on the 2012s, closer to the 99s. the bump in the back is what really sets the mold off right.
Question though: didnt RMK photoshop their pictures of the Concords? If they did it for those, they could have made their pair to take pics using scraps from the old mold.

eek.gif
eek.gif
 @ those Sneaker Hotline pics
yeah..that definitely isnt the 2006 mold. My Militarys and Mars sure as hell didnt look like that

eek.gif
eek.gif
 @ those Sneaker Hotline pics
yeah..that definitely isnt the 2006 mold. My Militarys and Mars sure as hell didnt look like that

Thank God they fixed them! The grey is still a touch too dark, but its not bad. And the shape is much better than the CDP.

Good job JB!

Thank God they fixed them! The grey is still a touch too dark, but its not bad. And the shape is much better than the CDP.

Good job JB!

Why is everyone complaining about the dark grey. It's actually closer to the originals than the 99's.

They look impressive in those sneakerhotline pics.

Why is everyone complaining about the dark grey. It's actually closer to the originals than the 99's.

They look impressive in those sneakerhotline pics.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Originally Posted by green rhino123

we know you beasts are pissing your pants over the opportunity
to finally a own a wearable pair of this shoe,
but there is no need to make outlandish claims like these 2012s
have a better shape or are closer in design in anyway to the originals than the 99s
please go use your imagination somewhere else
sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. This is exactly the type of sneaker "elitism" that I find so annoying. So there's people on here that are excited about this shoe, its been 11+ years since we've seen a retro.
Are these on par with the 99s...most likely not, but this is the state of JB nowadays. It's pretty ridiculous to try and compare the two obviously. But this smug attitude of "my opinion is the only thing that matters" rubs me the wrong way.
Please go elsewhere if the "beasts" are so beneath you.
rhino has definitely been around long enough and has enough firsthand experience with OGs/ earlier retros to say stuff like this.....and you can't really deny the amount of beasts who will be on this shoe either.

the cut of the leather next to the midsole is terrible imo.....I'll pass on these, would rather have 99s or OGs anyways

have a better shape or are closer in design in anyway to the originals than the 99s
sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. This is exactly the type of sneaker "elitism" that I find so annoying. So there's people on here that are excited about this shoe, its been 11+ years since we've seen a retro.
Are these on par with the 99s...most likely not, but this is the state of JB nowadays. It's pretty ridiculous to try and compare the two obviously. But this smug attitude of "my opinion is the only thing that matters" rubs me the wrong way.
rhino has definitely been around long enough and has enough firsthand experience with OGs/ earlier retros to say stuff like this.....and you can't really deny the amount of beasts who will be on this shoe either.

the cut of the leather next to the midsole is terrible imo.....I'll pass on these, would rather have 99s or OGs anyways

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

let's not turn this thread into a big debate. Purists won't like these because they're not 100% accurate to the 1999 or 1989 molds. But then again, I can't think of a shoe that has consistently kept its mold and quality from the time they retroed up until their recent releases (even as great as the Trainer SC II releases were, they still suffered slightly from the box cut. It's just how Nike makes all of their shoes now) But these still look great in their own right and are a great attempt. 
I for one am just glad they finally are attempting to address the mold issue with the IVs. out of all the numbers, these had the most drastic change looks wise. This shape I can actually deal with.   

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

let's not turn this thread into a big debate. Purists won't like these because they're not 100% accurate to the 1999 or 1989 molds. But then again, I can't think of a shoe that has consistently kept its mold and quality from the time they retroed up until their recent releases (even as great as the Trainer SC II releases were, they still suffered slightly from the box cut. It's just how Nike makes all of their shoes now) But these still look great in their own right and are a great attempt. 
I for one am just glad they finally are attempting to address the mold issue with the IVs. out of all the numbers, these had the most drastic change looks wise. This shape I can actually deal with.   

Wow.

And here I thought there was nothing to look forward to anymore from JB.

They did a great job on these.

Wow.

And here I thought there was nothing to look forward to anymore from JB.

They did a great job on these.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Completely Fire. One can only hope the rest of the IVs use this mold. It's noticeably better than all the IVs since 1999.
I think this will be the new mold for the IVs. they probably destroyed the ones from 2006 and had to create it. Not to mention that Jordan Brand pays attention to this thread and made a note of all the things wrong with the 2006 IVs and tried to remedy it (this also happened with the XI and VII molds, where the shapes got changed to look closer to their OG counterparts).

best part is that they finally fixed the toebox and made the shoe look more stubby rather than elongated
air-jordan-iv-white-cement-rmk-10.jpg

I don't know about everyone else, but im pleased with the outcome. Sorry to beat a dead horse but I havent been this excited about a new release in a LONG time. Every since my 99s cracked, ive been too scared to buy another pair. And now, I can buy 2-3 pairs for what a DS pair would cost. THANK YOU JB!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

These seem like a good retro. I won't even decide until the day they release, if I cop.
The thing is I'm paying $160 for some retros that in 2006 cost $115. If they can justify this with better leather than its worth it.

I may be in the minority but these don't feel right without the NIKE AIR. Almost wish they didn't retro.

Pics are looking good so if they have a good shape and are comfortable I'll cop and rock em with some boot cut jeans to cover the jumpman.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Completely Fire. One can only hope the rest of the IVs use this mold. It's noticeably better than all the IVs since 1999.
I think this will be the new mold for the IVs. they probably destroyed the ones from 2006 and had to create it. Not to mention that Jordan Brand pays attention to this thread and made a note of all the things wrong with the 2006 IVs and tried to remedy it (this also happened with the XI and VII molds, where the shapes got changed to look closer to their OG counterparts).

best part is that they finally fixed the toebox and made the shoe look more stubby rather than elongated
air-jordan-iv-white-cement-rmk-10.jpg

I don't know about everyone else, but im pleased with the outcome. Sorry to beat a dead horse but I havent been this excited about a new release in a LONG time. Every since my 99s cracked, ive been too scared to buy another pair. And now, I can buy 2-3 pairs for what a DS pair would cost. THANK YOU JB!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

These seem like a good retro. I won't even decide until the day they release, if I cop.
The thing is I'm paying $160 for some retros that in 2006 cost $115. If they can justify this with better leather than its worth it.

I may be in the minority but these don't feel right without the NIKE AIR. Almost wish they didn't retro.

Pics are looking good so if they have a good shape and are comfortable I'll cop and rock em with some boot cut jeans to cover the jumpman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom