Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

MINOTAURO --- A lot of us had Nike Air on our Jordan sneakers in the early 90's (maybe even some late 80's JB owners on NT). Earlier Air Jordans have a lot of sentimental value for 80's babies and bring us back to childhood. Recreating these sneakers as close to their original versions as possible would pay homage to the OG design and give us the chance to wear basically the same sneaker 20+ years later. It doesn't really matter to me too much, but if I had to choose I'd keep the OG design with the Nike Air.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but they still have the Nike Air technology so it wouldn't be a huge stretch to keep that logo.
Look at it this way, if it did have a Nike logo on the back, on the insole, and on the bottom of the shoe...all hell would break loose. These are arguably one of the most iconic sneakers of all time. Having Nike Air would just unleash the floodgates of skinny jean wearing hypebeasts and money hungry resellers. With a OG box and hangtag, these would not only sell out INSTANTLY, but would resell for $500 instead of the $200 that recent releases have topped out at.

You bring up a pretty accurate senerio
laugh.gif
. That pretty much happened with the Banned 1s and we saw how ape it went
eek.gif
. Remember when the DMP 1s came out? It didn't have much of an impact compare to the Banned's
 (Maybe because it came with the celtic 1s), but the resell price on the Bred 1s alone wasn't as atrocious as the Banned's.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

MINOTAURO --- A lot of us had Nike Air on our Jordan sneakers in the early 90's (maybe even some late 80's JB owners on NT). Earlier Air Jordans have a lot of sentimental value for 80's babies and bring us back to childhood. Recreating these sneakers as close to their original versions as possible would pay homage to the OG design and give us the chance to wear basically the same sneaker 20+ years later. It doesn't really matter to me too much, but if I had to choose I'd keep the OG design with the Nike Air.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but they still have the Nike Air technology so it wouldn't be a huge stretch to keep that logo.
Look at it this way, if it did have a Nike logo on the back, on the insole, and on the bottom of the shoe...all hell would break loose. These are arguably one of the most iconic sneakers of all time. Having Nike Air would just unleash the floodgates of skinny jean wearing hypebeasts and money hungry resellers. With a OG box and hangtag, these would not only sell out INSTANTLY, but would resell for $500 instead of the $200 that recent releases have topped out at.

You bring up a pretty accurate senerio
laugh.gif
. That pretty much happened with the Banned 1s and we saw how ape it went
eek.gif
. Remember when the DMP 1s came out? It didn't have much of an impact compare to the Banned's
 (Maybe because it came with the celtic 1s), but the resell price on the Bred 1s alone wasn't as atrocious as the Banned's.

Originally Posted by FourReal

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

looking suspect. air randy pair looking super high top from the back
Probably just the angle he shot them at.
Call me crazy but these are to sell MUCH faster than the white cement IIIs.

i believe that also
i regret copping those cements 3 their weren't my style after wearing them only 2x smh... glad i got rid of them quick 
They're probably going to sell faster cuz it's just the second retro of these ever and the first since '99. The WC IIIs retroed this year for the third time, so maybe not quite as in demand. Either way, both IIIs and IVs are consistently in people's top 5-10 Js ever.

Originally Posted by FourReal

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

looking suspect. air randy pair looking super high top from the back
Probably just the angle he shot them at.
Call me crazy but these are to sell MUCH faster than the white cement IIIs.

i believe that also
i regret copping those cements 3 their weren't my style after wearing them only 2x smh... glad i got rid of them quick 
They're probably going to sell faster cuz it's just the second retro of these ever and the first since '99. The WC IIIs retroed this year for the third time, so maybe not quite as in demand. Either way, both IIIs and IVs are consistently in people's top 5-10 Js ever.

Depending on how dope the christmas zkvii is, these might be the first shoes I order early. My birthday is on Jan. 8th, and I'd love to have these on then.

Depending on how dope the christmas zkvii is, these might be the first shoes I order early. My birthday is on Jan. 8th, and I'd love to have these on then.

The shoes look great, but the netting is off; Should be parallel to the wing.  Attention to details JB, attention to details.

The shoes look great, but the netting is off; Should be parallel to the wing.  Attention to details JB, attention to details.

Gotta to double up on these. This is coming from a person who was initially on the fence. These pics are just looking better and better as each day goes by.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gotta to double up on these. This is coming from a person who was initially on the fence. These pics are just looking better and better as each day goes by.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom