Air Jordan IX Wht/Black/Red HOLIDAY 2016

I'm confused, the previous retros didn't have 2 different directions did they? It was the jumpman facing the back of the shoe on both sides right? And the OG's both jumpman are facing toward the front

I'm confused, the previous retros didn't have 2 different directions did they? It was the jumpman facing the back of the shoe on both sides right? And the OG's both jumpman are facing toward the front

OG, 2002, and CDPs had the Jumpman slanted toward the front of the shoe on both shoes. Stupid JB changed it after the 2010 Powder Blues, so the 2010 Playoffs and now these have the awkward looking jumpman on the left shoe, and its not even centered. So now the jumpman is facing the back on the left shoe and facing the front on the right shoe, which doesnt make any sense. Had the left shoe Jumpman been facing the front like it should be, these wouldve been an automatic cop, but since they didnt fix it like with the Space Jam XI, these are an easy pass.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not pleased with the wrong way facing Jumpman. I thought when they'd remaster these, we'd see the Jumpman finally facing the right way again. But nope.

The frontwards facing Jumpman is so much cleaner. Looks kind of wack when you're walking in one direction and the Jumpman is facing the other :lol: such a little change but that's always bugged me with the 9's.

But to make up for that, it looks like JB threw in the plastic lace-holder in at the bottom of the laces for the first time since the OG's - so we'll ride with it.

But honestly not to sound like a sheep - this is my easiest route of obtaining another pair of these 9's. My CDP's started cracking and chipping literally the first day of UN'dsing them last year - so I'm copping these just to make up for the wack CDP pair.

Maybe the "mold broke" after they did the Powder Blues.

If these last to NDC and I can get with a code I'm in. Have never owned a pair of IX's (or VII's for that matter) out of I-XIV. To me the XIV is the end since that was the end of his Bulls tenure. I like some of the models post-XIV but don't consider them as important.

I'm in either way since I love the colorway. Always wondered why these got so much love though with this many retros. 

I guess everyone found out the bad news already, meant to post a photo earlier but I was in class.
mean.gif

These were suppose to be close to the original like other Nike Air releases have been.
  Back in the Gentry days, they would give you a retro but change it just enough to save face for the original collector.  Very small details were changed.  Ex.  back tab of the 7 cardinal in 06 was reversed in color to the original.  A lot of retros over the years are original colorways but with a small detail changed.  They meaning Nike/JB was so supposed to change that concept.  If these pics are legit which I'm sure they are,  they are not staying true to what they were boasting about.  The remaster project shouldn't be held to just certain shoes of og colors but all.  I like these no matter but was really hoping they would've went all in for this one.  Especially since this has dropped so many times now.

Back in the Gentry days, they would give you a retro but change it just enough to save face for the original collector.  Very small details were changed.  Ex.  back tab of the 7 cardinal in 06 was reversed in color to the original.  A lot of retros over the years are original colorways but with a small detail changed.  They meaning Nike/JB was so supposed to change that concept.  If these pics are legit which I'm sure they are,  they are not staying true to what they were boasting about.  The remaster project shouldn't be held to just certain shoes of og colors but all.  I like these no matter but was really hoping they would've went all in for this one.  Especially since this has dropped so many times now.

I know that, on current Nike Air releases they fixed some of those problems. Most remastered original colorway retros have come very close to the original. These and the 3s they just messed up.

Thoughts on 2012 olive? 'Never had that year pair, want to know if good quality,etc...

Seen some eBay for decent price. Used

Thoughts on 2012 olive? 'Never had that year pair, want to know if good quality,etc...

Seen some eBay for decent price. Used
I can't really remember anyone saying anything about them. I would thing tho that in the era they were made, there's gonna be some paint chipping. I'm just waiting for a new release myself

I can't really remember anyone saying anything about them. I would thing tho that in the era they were made, there's gonna be some paint chipping. I'm just waiting for a new release myself

Worst chipping I had were from 2010 charcoal pair. After like a couple weeks, the midsole looked horrible.

Back
Top Bottom