Air jordan retro 5 "Black silver" 2011 edition detailed pics

I REALLY want a pair, but I'm afraid it comes down to the shoe or an anniversary gift for my girl

NT, you guys know what I'm about to do

frown.gif

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

dkonstantinos wrote:

funny how some NTers just look at a pic, have the "older versions" and think they are all mighty and knowing about a shoe. they look solid from pics, really solid. where are the flaws at?? seriously, start listing whats really wrong with these compared to the older models. they look smooth as butter. guaranteed someone could post the 2000 retro restitched with a jumpman on the back and a 23 on the side yall wouldn't even tell the difference in a picture. some of you need to get your eyes checked and get your heads out of your +*%%@. i'm convinced no matter how good they try and make a re-retro no one will ever appreciate or be satisfied. maybe that's why they get away with some of the sketchy releases they drop because they know there is always gonna be a bunch of know it all "quality control" "all material knowing" "real sneakerheads" that have some lame excuse to hate and end up buying their shoes anyways.

same dudes that be on craigslist selling their shoes talking about "get these! way better than the ones that are gonna come out that i have never seen!" oh wait, that trend already made it to the buy/sell forums here. offering beat up "higher quality" older retro jordans so they can go cop the new release on the low
laugh.gif

please, just stop with the wish it was like back in the early 2000's attitude. getting real old.

roll.gif

THAT BEEN HAPPENING FAM.

WHITE LACES LOOK GOOD TO ME. I GUESS I'LL SWITCH IT UP SOMETIMES.

Yup these 2011 Metallic V's are SUPERB
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
. Yes I'm hyping it up because I think it's one of the better releases this year. I think these are a much better improvement than the crappy metallic v 06 versions(Really don't know about the older versions though..) that crease so easily just like those 3m V's from the raging bull pack. Your money will definitely be well spent on these bad boys! Got mine and I'm definitely happy!!! 2011 Metallic V's
pimp.gif
> 06 metallic V
sick.gif

dkonstantinos wrote:

funny how some NTers just look at a pic, have the "older versions" and think they are all mighty and knowing about a shoe. they look solid from pics, really solid. where are the flaws at?? seriously, start listing whats really wrong with these compared to the older models. they look smooth as butter. guaranteed someone could post the 2000 retro restitched with a jumpman on the back and a 23 on the side yall wouldn't even tell the difference in a picture. some of you need to get your eyes checked and get your heads out of your +*%%@. i'm convinced no matter how good they try and make a re-retro no one will ever appreciate or be satisfied. maybe that's why they get away with some of the sketchy releases they drop because they know there is always gonna be a bunch of know it all "quality control" "all material knowing" "real sneakerheads" that have some lame excuse to hate and end up buying their shoes anyways.

same dudes that be on craigslist selling their shoes talking about "get these! way better than the ones that are gonna come out that i have never seen!" oh wait, that trend already made it to the buy/sell forums here. offering beat up "higher quality" older retro jordans so they can go cop the new release on the low
laugh.gif
 please, just stop with the wish it was like back in the early 2000's attitude. getting real old.

QFMFT!

Ninja I had the 06s. These look like better qaulity hands down. Cant wait for my 2011 Metallic V>>>>06s

omg already with this durabuck/nubuck argument.

Its cut and dry. There are no opinions here.

durabuck was on the originals, 2000 and 2006. nubuck is the crap they put on the varsity red 6's and these 5's. suede is damn suede. it was on the 18.

end of story. go down to one of those country western stores and have them explain it to you if its that hard to understand.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Its cut and dry. There are no opinions here.

durabuck was on the originals, 2000 and 2006. nubuck is the crap they put on the varsity red 6's and these 5's. suede is damn suede. it was on the 18.

end of story. 
/rant

cats wanna feel good about coppin inferior 2011 retros
laugh.gif

joints damn near have a fleece look to them and the tongue is shaped like it's giving us the middle finger

shoe looks slightly weird

the new pics do look better than the older ones but it's still a no cop

the overall look of the shoe just seems off

the 06's also had a blue tint to them just not as strong, mine still have it

dkonstantinos wrote:

laugh.gif

Actually i did notice the different leather used, as the,durabucklooks brighter when light is shed on. The older they getThe more,oily look it gets. Also the leather lning is white,basedOn durabuck, while the nubuck is all black.however, being different does not mean usingCheaper materials or being inferior in quality.I just think these look less authentic to theOgs even more.Of course we also have hardliners herewho already hate the nike logo replacement
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RV019

I REALLY want a pair, but I'm afraid it comes down to the shoe or an anniversary gift for my girl

NT, you guys know what I'm about to do

frown.gif
Get the V's

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

no one was complaining about da 2006's....i would know, i was here..only qualms about em was da weaker 3M....all ya doing is gassin these trashy 2011's
laugh.gif

durabuck on da 2006 is great, whoever think they crease too much bought em da wrong size, got too much room in da toe box and wanna blame da sneakers on their stupidity.
nerd.gif

YOU GOT SPECIAL EDITION 2006 METALLIC 5'S?

2006 METALLIC 5'S WERE NUBUCK. NOT DURABUCK. OG'S AND 2000'S WERE DURABUCK....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

wrong duke, i have 2000 pairs of V's in my house and they are da exact same material as da 2006, only thing they deleted was da actual 3M and added that weaker nike derived reflective material.

these joints are gonna sell SLOW...da V's have effectively been milked of its uniqueness via fusions and hybrids taking all da popular distinct design language of da V's (lace locks, identical tongues, clear soles, etc)

those navy blue V's are rotting in stores as we speak...and these butchered OGs will meat da same fate.
eek.gif
roll.gif

It's kind of annoying how much people over analyze the look of shoes around here based on pics. The tongue is too big and giving the middle finger? The durabuck looks like fleece? The shoe is shaped weird? I disagree on all of that. How people pull up the tongue while taking pics is no indication of the DS look. Especially since most people rock the V tongue high on purpose. Compare these to the 2000s (which creased like nobody's business), and you'll find the shape is pretty damn accurate. In fact, Vs in general are pretty accurate in shape to the OGs. It's a model they have never messed with very much. The materials look on point, and I think these will hold up better than the '06 and maybe even the '00.

If it weren't for forums like this, people wouldn't be so critical and overbearing. There's something to be said for handling and looking at any product in person, as well as trying on the shoe (but you know, many people don't even do that because these sit 100% DS in a closet for years).

%*! this its getting ridiculous on here. It is what it is very easy if you like you buy if not move on. Imo I don't like the material used on these I will not be copping these. BTW this is my personal favorite numberd shoe and colorway.

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

nerd.gif

YOU GOT SPECIAL EDITION 2006 METALLIC 5'S?

2006 METALLIC 5'S WERE NUBUCK. NOT DURABUCK. OG'S AND 2000'S WERE DURABUCK....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

wrong duke, i have 2000 pairs of V's in my house and they are da exact same material as da 2006, only thing they deleted was da actual 3M and added that weaker nike derived reflective material.

these joints are gonna sell SLOW...da V's have effectively been milked of its uniqueness via fusions and hybrids taking all da popular distinct design language of da V's (lace locks, identical tongues, clear soles, etc)

those navy blue V's are rotting in stores as we speak...and these butchered OGs will meat da same fate.
eek.gif
roll.gif
What's so funny?

It seems that the 06 version is the more inferior one compared to the Metallic 2011's. The 06 version is a crease magnet and tends to dull overtime with it's low quality material while the 2011 has nubuck(or suede
grin.gif
) which tends to decrease or eliminate the creasing of the shoe. I have the Metallic V 2011 version and I'm completely surprised with the good quality JB did with this release. Enjoy your inferior quality 06's
laugh.gif
. Just my opinion
happy.gif
. Metallic V 2011
pimp.gif
> metallic V 06
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom