Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Just got my tracking # yesterday…
SMH
My pair should be her no later than Tuesday.
Hopefully they sent me an acceptable pair 🤞

IMG_5555.png
IMG_5556.png
6FD8F43B-0574-4BA2-93D7-386F7592B137.jpeg

The bigger jumpman on the 2010 midsole looks much better. Not sure if these are thr same size JRepp23 JRepp23 but the 2010s look like a full size (or 2) bigger. If they are in fact the same size, then the '24 pair clearly has a better shape. I love the matte midsole on the '24 as opposed to the glossy finish on the '10.

The leather quality is thick and stiff. It's also not as shiny on the '24. Overall, the '24 woulda been close to perfection if...

1. Jumpman on midsole was bigger
2. Leather was a little softer
3. Mudguard was higher

Screenshot_20240328_080650_Brave.jpg
Both are size 11.
i5k7kzru4amnb95fpa4m.jpg

I still believe the version we got in 2010 matched what MJ had on in this photo. No blue rands, with a 23. I got no proof of this though.

Last edited:
The og definitely didn't have 23 on the back. I never noticed the blue rands on the OGs, but that don't mean it wasn't there.

Got my pair yesterday from snipe's... And of course a piece of the leather came off... I was salty so went to my local mall and exchanged it... These are nice though and from videos they are close to the OG... The leather does feel stiff and cheap just like the first retro... Other than that they good money

Both are size 11.
i5k7kzru4amnb95fpa4m.jpg

I still believe the version we got in 2010 matched what MJ had on in this photo. No blue rands, with a 23. I got no proof of this though.

The og definitely didn't have 23 on the back. I never noticed the blue rands on the OGs, but that don't mean it wasn't there.

OG's ABSOLUTELY had the blue rands. This is my well worn pair that I've had since release day...

Screenshot_20240328-192643.png

Saw these in person today...not impressed with the leather. It looks like these will be hard to break in. Other than the leather, the shoe looks dope!

OG's ABSOLUTELY had the blue rands. This is my well worn pair that I've had since release day...

Pretty sure he’s specifically talking about the pair MJ is wearing in the ad, which could be a sample. I can’t really tell one way or the other if they have the blue rands. Never thought about it.

This pic reminds me ... I wish all the IX retros calmed down with the way they do the little holes/perforations in the upper. The retros go overboard with the little diamond-like textures around each hole.

Then why do you believe that's the case? Just curious LOL
To me, the pair in the photo shows no indication of blue rands, yes I know its an old pic. The 23 on the back thought goes with only because we know MJ got pairs different than what was released at times. Even if slightly.
An example is the Aqua MJ wore in the all star game in 93, the ring around the jumpman was yellow. The original release was more of an orange. The 2007 retro was yellow, 2015 back to orange.
Another would be the stitched 23 on the back of his columbia 11 compared to the screen printed from actual release.
The 23 on the side of all his fives, compared to actual releases without them.

Pretty sure he’s specifically talking about the pair MJ is wearing in the ad, which could be a sample. I can’t really tell one way or the other if they have the blue rands. Never thought about it.

To me, the pair in the photo shows no indication of blue rands, yes I know its an old pic. The 23 on the back thought goes with only because we know MJ got pairs different than what was released at times. Even if slightly.
An example is the Aqua MJ wore in the all star game in 93, the ring around the jumpman was yellow. The original release was more of an orange. The 2007 retro was yellow, 2015 back to orange.
Another would be the stitched 23 on the back of his columbia 11 compared to the screen printed from actual release.
The 23 on the side of all his fives, compared to actual releases without them.

Anything’s possible. It could just be the lighting and exposure in that print-ad pic is hiding the blue rands. I’ve taken pics of my new pair here that barely show it.

Shape looks to be closer than we are giving them credit for. Color could be closer but who really knows how accurate they are comparing to an aged sole.
IMG_5298.jpeg

It definitely makes the toes look closer than I thought they were, I’ll say that.

Anything’s possible. It could just be the lighting and exposure in that print-ad pic is hiding the blue rands. I’ve taken pics of my new pair here that barely show it.

It definitely makes the toes look closer than I thought they were, I’ll say that.
Only pair that looks like this lol

Back
Top Bottom