• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These look  just like the Flint Grey 9's from 2002. Hopefully, they look as good as the pictures I see floating around.

I'm sorry but these look nothing like the flint grey 9s. The only similarity is white.... colorblocking is completely different as well.

Remember folks, there's about 5 shoes releasing this saturday, so hopefully eyes will be elsewhere.

Lets face it, even with the 45 on the back, and the "Baron" name attached to it, these are still 9s.

And 9s are one of the least hyped sigs.

I know these won't be like the Venom 10s, or Powder Blue 3s in terms of "no to little hype", but people who want them still should be able to cop.

I don't think camping and paying $250+ for pre-sale/orders is justified.

I could be wrong.
Sounds accurate to me. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be the shoe that "makes everybody like 9s now" though...... I enjoyed walking into footlocker for the charcoals and being the only soul there. Not sure that would happen if they came around again
mean.gif

Not sure if already posted but here's the shiekh raffle code for the Baron 9's at the main place mall (Santa Ana, CA) A634BABA1B

Kids sizes will be fcfs

The 9 was always a favorite of mine. Maybe people just don't like the style I don't know but personally I think the lack of love comes from the fact that this is one of the shoes that he never played in.

Giggling @people skipping this shoe because the sneaker world says it ain't fly because he never played in it!

The 9 was always a favorite of mine. Maybe people just don't like the style I don't know but personally I think the lack of love comes from the fact that this is one of the shoes that he never played in.

Giggling @people skipping this shoe because the sneaker world says it ain't fly because he never played in it!
He did play baseball in them tho and the 9s were the Js that Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck took from MJ's house for him to play in. Even tho he ended up magically busting out the Space Jam 11's in the game against the Monstars.

Last edited:
I have wide feet too and my true size fits in 9's but really snug...  i'm gonna go up a half size this time around
I wear a size 12, I have a size 12 in the Bentley Ellis and they're comfortable, they run TTS a half size might be to much room depending on how you like your shoes to fit

He did play baseball in them tho and the 9s were the Js that Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck took from MJ's house for him to play in. Even tho he ended up magically busting out the Space Jam 11's in the game against the Monstars.
Please tell me you're just joking around with this post about Space Jam

and mj wore the cool grey 9 when he played for the Washington wizards in a few games.
But i know what the other member wanted to say.
mj did not wear them in the NBA when those were released because if his 1st retirement.
Im sure the 9 would have sold much much better if mj did not retire in the 1993/94 NBA season and playing for the 4th NBA championship title.

View media item 896648

Mixed opinion on the Air Jordan IX "Birmingham Barons". I like the "45"

"Michael Jordan took a short hiatus from the game to play minor league baseball. He'd play for the Birmingham Barons sporting the number 45. Jordan pays homage to that time with a fresh new colorway for the Air Jordan IX. " -KickdOnFire

Here is where I stand on this shoe. I am thinking it is pass. They are really cool looking and all but even going up a 1/2 size they are so uncomfortable .

and mj wore the cool grey 9 when he played for the Washington wizards in a few games.
But i know what the other member wanted to say.
mj did not wear them in the NBA when those were released because if his 1st retirement.
Im sure the 9 would have sold much much better if mj did not retire in the 1993/94 NBA season and playing for the 4th NBA championship title.
I seen him play in the True Blue 3s for the Wizards also. I think if the OG white/black 9s were to drop there would be as much hype as there would for nearly any other OG colorways from I-XIV. i think them white/black OG 9's would be SUPER hyped if they dropped right now. Jus my opinion tho, maybe they wouldn't.

Won a 10 or 10.5 at nike chicago. probably wont be picking up, though. i want the 1s.

wow, sent a dm 11 minutes after the tweet, and won....guess no one wants them :lol:

Last edited:
Won a 10 or 10.5 at nike chicago. probably wont be picking up, though. i want the 1s.

Guys/Girls like you are perhaps the reason I have to buy online. That size you got, that you will never pick up for whatever reason, could have been mine if they didn't call you. Buster

Back
Top Bottom