[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've been pretty lucky with my Xs, none of my OGs or '05s ever squeaked, only the CDP Shadows and they only needed one application of baby powder, after that they were fine for the remainder of the time I had them.

And personally I've always preferred the Xs when they had an all black tongue/lace section, I like the Steels, but the contrast on the lacing system made them one of the weaker CWs for me.

Top 4:

Chicagos

Powders/NY Nicks

Shadows

X's fit tight on me personally as I've stated before. Definitely don't go 1/2 size down. If anything go 1/2 up. My chicago 10's are my true size, but i could of gone up 1/2 size. It's the elastic lace lock system that snugs and wraps around your foot. makes it tight for those who have wide feet

The Baby blue jumpman and insole was the best thing about the original steel X's
I'd say the leather and overall quality was the best thing about the original Steel Xs.

Aesthetically though, Red Jumpman/insole and clean toe of the '05 version > The OGs (imo)

Last edited:
Am i the only one who really wants them to retro the city pack already ? 

Like i mean i kinda like this new colorway but my body is ready for the steels and the laney v's ....

SO MANY CHOICES  

I actually cut the lace lock system on the chi 10's (but i only felt comfortable doing that as i doubled up and the straps were the same
hue as the tongue).

Don't think i can get away with that on the steels as the lace lock system is a different color from the tongue - it would just look foolgazy.

I dunno if i'll get the steels...

It's one of the few things in life where - the tight squeeze doesn't feel as good.

You catch my drift?

Ummm...

Word

nerd.gif

I actually cut the lace lock system on the chi 10's (but i only felt comfortable doing that as i doubled up and the straps were the same

hue as the tongue).

Don't think i can get away with that on the steels as the lace lock system is a different color from the tongue - it would just look foolgazy.
dude I was actually contemplating cutting the elastic bands around the mid foot.  It will definitely loosen it up and make it more comfy, however I couldn't bring myself to do that.   Just didn't seem right cutting up a $150 shoe (I believe that's what the chicago X's retailed for at the time)

Back
Top Bottom