[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:rolleyes

There's a little something called "Sentimental Value" that people like us hold on to. If you remember when they originally dropped in 1994/95... you wouldn't be asking this question b/c you'd already know what's up. It's part of the Authentic Nostalgia that we look for and that alot of the "sneaker heads" & alot of kids these days under 25 yrs old will NEVER Understand.

It's bigger than what you're wearing... especially for us 80's babies whose childhoods are directly attached to the MJ era. It's what makes an OG an "OG." 

naw dude ive had the ogs and i could give two **** about a light blue jumpman ON THE BOTTOM OF THE **** SHOE... :lol:

the toe cap i can understand but if you are trying to cry about the insole color or the jumpman on the BOTTOM that only the ******g ants can see after they are squished dont give me that ****.. lol

im old as dirt. had these in high school. i didnt sit around my high school years saying "you know what? that damn light blue jumpman on the bottom of my shoe bring a tear to my eye everytime i slide on my *** to school each day and look at it !GEEZ i sure cannot get over how important that jumpman on the bottom of my shoe is..."

serious question... did you clean the bottom jumpman everyday with a tooth brush or q tip?

if they had turned the jumpman on the back of the shoe red like they did with the chicago x then by all means complain...

but we talking about the bottom of the got damn shoe... hell if it bothers you that much paint the damn thing. simple as that...

I'm pretty sure he had the toe cap on em.. Btw IMO the toe cap looks out of place. I like the rounded toe box better. Don't care if MJ wore the ones with the toe cap. I just buy what I like

There's a little something called "Sentimental Value" that people like us hold on to. If you remember when they originally dropped in 1994/95... you wouldn't be asking this question b/c you'd already know what's up. It's part of the Authentic Nostalgia that we look for and that alot of the "sneaker heads" & alot of kids these days under 25 yrs old will NEVER Understand.

It's bigger than what you're wearing... especially for us 80's babies whose childhoods are directly attached to the MJ era. It's what makes an OG an "OG." 
I am completely with you on this one, as an old head, my reasons for buying any of these joints is exactly that - Sentimental Value, Nostalgia and I want them to look exactly like they were back in a day (not always happening these days ;-) 

:rolleyes

I'm 25 so I guess I barley for into this window then? Ha. I'm gonna buy my kid jays right from the jump so when he gets older he should have the same nostalgic feeling. Although it would only be from the look of the shoe and not from seeing MJ play live. He's also miss out on the quality.

naw dude ive had the ogs and i could give two **** about a light blue jumpman ON THE BOTTOM OF THE **** SHOE... :lol:

the toe cap i can understand but if you are trying to cry about the insole color or the jumpman on the BOTTOM that only the ******g ants can see after they are squished dont give me that ****.. lol

im old as dirt. had these in high school. i didnt sit around my high school years saying "you know what? that damn light blue jumpman on the bottom of my shoe bring a tear to my eye everytime i slide on my *** to school each day and look at it !GEEZ i sure cannot get over how important that jumpman on the bottom of my shoe is..."

serious question... did you clean the bottom jumpman everyday with a tooth brush or q tip?

if they had turned the jumpman on the back of the shoe red like they did with the chicago x then by all means complain...

but we talking about the bottom of the got damn shoe... hell if it bothers you that much paint the damn thing. simple as that...

Say word :lol:

naw dude ive had the ogs and i could give two **** about a light blue jumpman ON THE BOTTOM OF THE **** SHOE...
laugh.gif

Dude. First off, CALM DOWN, son.

And it's MY OPINION. I'm allowed to have one just like you are... I wasn't "Crying" at all. All I said, was a ToeCap would be nice if they're not going to keep it 100% authentic to the OG with the Carolina Blue accents.

You sound real intense. LOL. Weren't you the one who said something to me about??? As I remember, my initial reply (not to you btw) was One Sentence Long. Look, you can be old as dirt if you want to be. I could care less. There hasn't been ANY complaining on my part about any of this. Strictly an Opinion on why stuff like that matters (ie: Nike Air/Jumpan on the back of III's fiasco)... and to some of us, it does matter if they decide to keep things 100% OG. If they don't, it's not that big of a deal. I'll either make a decision to copp or not copp. Simple as that.

YOU don't care about it. YOU. Congratulations. Worry about yourself bro.
nthat.gif

Dude. First off, CALM DOWN, son.

And it's MY OPINION. I'm allowed to have one just like you are... I wasn't "Crying" at all. All I said, was a ToeCap would be nice if they're not going to keep it 100% authentic to the OG with the Carolina Blue accents.

You sound real intense. LOL. Weren't you the one who said something to me about??? As I remember, my initial reply (not to you btw) was One Sentence Long. Look, you can be old as dirt if you want to be. I could care less. There hasn't been ANY complaining on my part about any of this. Strictly an Opinion on why stuff like that matters (ie: Nike Air/Jumpan on the back of III's fiasco)... and to some of us, it does matter if they decide to keep things 100% OG. If they don't, it's not that big of a deal. I'll either make a decision to copp or not copp. Simple as that.

YOU don't care about it. YOU. Congratulations. Worry about yourself bro. :nthat:  

:grabs popcorn:

I am completely with you on this one, as an old head, my reasons for buying any of these joints is exactly that - Sentimental Value, Nostalgia and I want them to look exactly like they were back in a day (not always happening these days ;-) 
EXACTLY, bro. Like I said, some will understand.
wink.gif
  Others won't & could never understand.

next time my underwear brand uses a different kind of thread color on the inside of my underwear i will complain about it because it holds so much sentimental value to me...

see how dumb that sounds bro?

you are getting upset over the jumpman on the bottom of your shoe.... unless u had them hanging over your bed back in the day what sentimental value does the color of that jumpman on the bottom of the sole hold?

and the insole color? Really? My sock balls WEEPED the night i got my 05 retros...

you really picked a terrible thing to complain about because 1. its on the bottomof the shoe and 2. you can just get some light blue paint and paint over the red jumpam...

Last edited:
I know is sad and pathetic, but as a kid in late 80's and early 90's, I have studied, literally studied almost all sneakers from that period, that's all I had left back then, my parents didn't have the money to buy me any of the brands, so my friends and I will go to the stores and at least hold them in our hands ,study and dream.
And now so many years later I can still remember a lots of details on most models, and when I see them releasing with changes and modifications, it frustrates me a little bit, of course I am not going to lose sleep over it but it leaves a bad taste . Anyway it is what it is, we should keep our composure and act like adults about it, that are bound by the same passion for kicks.

Last edited:
next time my underwear brand uses a different kind of thread color on the inside of my underwear i will complain about it because it holds so much sentimental value to me...

see how dumb that sounds bro?

you are getting upset over the jumpman on the bottom of your shoe.... unless u had them hanging over your bed back in the day what sentimental value does the color of that jumpman on the bottom of the sole hold?

and the insole color? Really? My sock balls WEEPED the night i got my 05 retros...

you really picked a terrible thing to complain about because 1. its on the bottomof the shoe and 2. you can just get some light blue paint and paint over the red jumpam...

Last edited:
Chill bro, in his words you would NEVER understand
BINGO. 
tired.gif

I know is sad and pathetic, but as a kid in late 80's and early 90's, I have studied, literally studied almost all sneakers from that period, that's all I had left back then, my parents didn't have the money to buy me any of the brands, so my friends and I will go to the stores and at least hold them in our hands ,study and dream.
And now so many years later I can still remember a lots of details on most models, and when I see them releasing with changes and modifications, it frustrates me a little bit, of course I am not going to lose sleep over it but it leaves a bad taste . Anyway it is what it is, why should keep our composure and act like adults about it, that are bound by the same passion for kicks.

Of course we wish they used OG colors it's no different than any other shoe released unoriginal. The baby blue represented North Carolina and was just different. Black, white and red are unanimous change even at an molecular level to some is good.

BTW-Coppedx2 my first pair of Jordans and one of my favorite of all time.........

Last edited:
PERFECTION. Just like they were in 4th Grade. Those look so crisp, you could've told me those were Retro's & I would've believed it. Great Pickup bro!

Btw, all original Steel X's had the Toe Cap and were the only colorway to do so. Miss those days, man... 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom