[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
 thats why im done with this BS this year. only time ill buy Jordans if its an XI which i will be back to cop a few pairs of concord lows. other than that, screw JB.

put prices back down to $150 and make everything a flat our GR.
Pretty much this, having the price up to $170 is totally uncalled for, nothing has changed since last month release, and I can bet the quality will not be any better, all that is greed.

all this talk over $10 

come on man

you in the wrong game if thats going to keep you from coppin

mean.gif

$10 now, $10 next year, $10...when do you say NO? You will continue to buy the bad quality for whatever price they tell you to?

Last edited:
If you don't want to spend the extra money, then don't. No one is forcing you to buy the shoes. Don't act like you taking your business away from Nike/JB is going to make them lose sleep, for every one person that is fed up, 10 more little beasts will take their place. The hype train is rolling and they are cashing in.

:smh:

Didn't even know these are 170 now, wasn't for my military discount I would pass on alot of release kicks. That 20% off feels good, even tho we still kind of over paying.
Probably pass anyway now I've found out the Paytons come out that same day.

Save money, not really pressed for steel grey 10s anyway.

That is just Finishline, we haven't seen anything for any of the other stores. Just saying.

If you don't want to spend the extra money, then don't. No one is forcing you to buy the shoes. Don't act like you taking your business away from Nike/JB is going to make them lose sleep, for every one person that is fed up, 10 more little beasts will take their place. The hype train is rolling and they are cashing in.

:smh:

Agreed. But if these were limited, you would hear no complaints about the price bump. Do me a favor Nike, as shareholder and a adult shoe buyer and keep raising those prices.

At $170 I am out of the JB game, sorry but that BS was suppose to happen next year, just another reason for me to quit on them. 

So, since it happened 3 months early, you're out? But, had it happened in 2014, it would be all good? Right...

Keep trying to convince yourself that's the reason.

So tell me why were the 2012 retro 14's going for $160 and the originals were $150?

How were the 2006 4's going for $115 and now they are going for $160?

It's not inflation it's greed

Has nothing to do with greed, its called running a business. The goal in business is to make the maximum amount of profit, period. Its not to make you happy, be nice or any other reason. Its profit, pure and simple. The only reason a company cares you are ever close to happy is to keep you happy just enough to maximize profit.

funds has nothing to do with it, its called stop messing with this garbage company and paying even more when we dont have to.

i was planning on copping two pairs but now thats an extra $40+ with tax i have to pay....

if you think its cool to keep paying more, keep doing it bruh

Actually, if you want the shoes, then you most definitely do HAVE to pay whatever they price them at. Also, a $10 bump never equates to an extra $40 on 2 pair, simply not possible.

Just a little Finishline release info with these:

11,500 Men's sizes in Stores
4,500 Men's sizes online
Phone Orders will be accepted

Any idea how phone orders will work? Because, when the black grapes released, Finish Line said on Twitter phone orders accepted. I literally was speaking to a rep at precisely 8 am, placed the order, gave all info to be told by the rep they were sold out. So essentially they weren't taking phone orders, even though they claimed to be.

Pretty much this, having the price up to $170 is totally uncalled for, nothing has changed since last month release, and I can bet the quality will not be any better, all that is greed.

$10 now, $10 next year, $10...when do you say NO? You will continue to buy the bad quality for whatever price they tell you to?

Totally uncalled for? Nope. Does it upset some people because no one likes a price increase? Of course. However, the bottom line is the shoes will sell out at $170 just as easily as they sell out at $160. The resell market is a clear indication of that fact as people routinely pay $220-$240 for general releases from the secondary market. Any company that doesn't raise prices when all research and numbers show they can make $300,000 more per release (based off say 30,000 pairs) is completely foolish. Of course the consumer doesn't like facts when it leads to them having to pay more $, but that doesn't change the facts.

Profit is the name of the game and everyone only has themselves to blame. Consumers will buy and have bought every item with a jumpman logo on it and it shocks everyone that Nike is exploiting that? If people spoke with their wallets and those sales numbers took a hit, a price increase could be avoided. But that's not going to happen because at the end of the day they could put the jumpman logo on a turd and call it the Retro **** Edition Quick Strike and it'd sell out.

Last edited:
Also, people have short memories, or are simply too young to even have a clue how much of a favor Nike has actually done you for years. I have original release Jordan's that were $150 retail. Flu game 12s released in 1997. 16 years later and only a $10 price increase. That is unheard of in the real world for products. The rate of actual inflation has definitely been higher than that. And for those who don't believe in inflation, you will have a rude awakening one day, better educate yourselves on the topic. Nike has kept prices down quite a bit, only increasing $10 in a 16 year period is far more than you could ever hope another company would ever do. This little $10 jump is long over due. And you not liking it doesn't change that fact.

Also, people have short memories, or are simply too young to even have a clue how much of a favor Nike has actually done you for years. I have original release Jordan's that were $150 retail. Flu game 12s released in 1997. 16 years later and only a $10 price increase. That is unheard of in the real world for products. The rate of actual inflation has definitely been higher than that. And for those who don't believe in inflation, you will have a rude awakening one day, better educate yourselves on the topic. Nike has kept prices down quite a bit, only increasing $10 in a 16 year period is far more than you could ever hope another company would ever do. This little $10 jump is long over due. And you not liking it doesn't change that fact.

More like you have short memory

The retro 10 was 125.00 when steels dropped last time. 2005

8 years later 45 dollars more isnt inflation bro

You can clearly see they have a tumbled leather upper
Yea, but probably that Super Wack *** "Fire Red" III's Synthetic Tumbled Leather..... that reminds me... need to sell my mine. 
sick.gif

It's gotten to the point where I'm making decisions to a keep a shoe b/c of Quality Issues..... never would I had thought I'd see this day 10 yrs ago. 
mean.gif

I see all of these posts from people who clearly have ZERO Idea of what really goes on behind closed doors of these businesses. If you only knew. The word "Inflation" when it comes to the sports equipment/apparel industry... LAUGHABLE. 
mean.gif

Man, forget their reasoning, the benefit of the doubt that they want you to give them OR the bogus *** explanations they want you to conjure up for their price increases... YOU, as a Consumer... How Much is Too Much? At what point do you say EFF THAT?!

Seriously... HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH FOR YOU?

Myself, I can honestly say I was 75/25 on getting these before I heard of the price increase..... now, I'm more 35/65 today, taking into account that I'll be sufficed by picking up my long sought after Middle School Grails "The Glove" this weekend. I'm in my late 20's now, and I love the Steel X's... my favorite X... but the X's overall have never been in my favorites period and I'd just be copping for "sentimental value" anyway. And taking into account that they're NOT like the OG's (No ToeCap, No Carolina Blue, etc)..... Sentimental Value is kind of lost in Retro Translation for me. That's me though.

And don't give me that BS about us bringing up the issue... that's what this site was originally built for. 
wink.gif

Last edited:
 So, since it happened 3 months early, you're out? But, had it happened in 2014, it would be all good? Right...
Yep, its called mental preparation, I planed to cop Steels, Laney's and the Taxi's that was going to be it for me this year, knowing the $170 for the next year, this is where I draw the line personally, I am not willing to spend $170 + 10.2 tax + 7-8 shipping. But now the increase has presented its self earlier and I am calling a day. Will only try on FNL since I have a few WC that need to spend before they expire, and if I don't, I don't. 
Don't think any of us that a bit older have shot memories, like hypebeast5  said above the retro price was between $125 and $140 just a few years a go. And if buying J's is a priority in your life and the price will not bother you even of its way above $200, that is fine. I personally have a lot more on my plate (mortgage, car payments, school for my kids, bills and so on) so at the end of the day, its just shoes, and IMO shes should not be priced in a upper 100s, but that is just my opinion...oh and not to mention that the J's we were buying back in the 90's have nothing to do with today's plasticy, smell like glue, split grain leather made sneakers that just look like the originals...from a far distance.   
 Totally uncalled for? Nope. Does it upset some people because no one likes a price increase? Of course. However, the bottom line is the shoes will sell out at $170 just as easily as they sell out at $160. The resell market is a clear indication of that fact as people routinely pay $220-$240 for general releases from the secondary market. Any company that doesn't raise prices when all research and numbers show they can make $300,000 more per release (based off say 30,000 pairs) is completely foolish. Of course the consumer doesn't like facts when it leads to them having to pay more $, but that doesn't change the facts.
People are force to buy rape prices on the aftermarket, because Nike/JB are playing the hype game, if they were really worried about the profit they can easily release more quantity, easy as that, and eliminate the re-sellers, just like it was 2-4 years a go, when you can walk in to the store, no meter what time of the day, and buy as many as you like, same as it was in the 90's and early 2000's. Releasing more pairs will solve a lot of problems, but that's just going to be too easy for JB/Nike.

I know is sad and pathetic, but as a kid in late 80's and early 90's, I have studied, literally studied almost all sneakers from that period, that's all I had left back then, my parents didn't have the money to buy me any of the brands, so my friends and I will go to the stores and at least hold them in our hands ,study and dream.
And now so many years later I can still remember a lots of details on most models, and when I see them releasing with changes and modifications, it frustrates me a little bit,
of course I am not going to lose sleep over it but it leaves a bad taste . Anyway it is what it is, we should keep our composure and act like adults about it, that are bound by the same passion for kicks.

This almost brought a tear to my eye. You gave me a flashback of doing the same thing in that time period. I'm glad you still have passion like this for sneakers. That what keeps this culture going.

Back
Top Bottom