[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Also, people have short memories, or are simply too young to even have a clue how much of a favor Nike has actually done you for years.

dog in the almost 14 years i been on niketalk i aint never did this to NOBODY but

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

jesus the way some of you talk you guys need to post in the someone blow my mind thread

what nike do now? mind control by sniffing sneakers? :lol:

More like you have short memory

8 years later 45 dollars more isnt inflation bro

:lol: exactly.

i remember a few years back when some dummy brought up nike raising prices due to inflation. then i brought up how they just retroed the pippen 2 and retail was 20 dollars below the og price... son didnt know what to say :lol:

nike is just testing how long they can bend us over backwards for and how much they can get out of it

Nike is a greedy company.

2010 I bought the eggplant foams for $200 and now 3 years later foams are $250 :lol:

Last edited:
dog in the almost 14 years i been on niketalk i aint never did this to NOBODY but

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

jesus the way some of you talk you guys need to post in the someone blow my mind thread

what nike do now? mind control by sniffing sneakers?
laugh.gif
I actually agree with this. What thee hell is dude talking about?! BRAINWASHED. 
mean.gif

Yeah :smile: we have to go and write a thank you letter to Nike/JB, for making us a big favor and keeping them kicks "only" at $170.  
Nike is a greedy company.

2010 I bought the eggplant foams for $200 and now 3 years later foams are $250 
laugh.gif

Really like the Foams example, that is what exactly they are doing, looking which models are the one with the highest demand and instead of making more pairs, they simply jack up the prices. 

Last edited:

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

what nike do now? mind control by sniffing sneakers? :lol:

Lmao, its not about mind control. Most of you simply cannot get past the personal cost factor. Just because it hits your pocket harder and you don't like it doesn't mean its not good business. Anything in business that turns a higher profit is the best way to go. Its fact, while the majority speak from pure emotion.

I actually agree with this. What thee hell is dude talking about?! BRAINWASHED. :smh:

I feel bad for folks who truly can't grasp facts. Not once in my post did I say Nike was the greatest ever, nor defend them. I simply said what they are doing is good business. They know for a fact raising the price will still result in sell outs of the shoes. So, they are out to get every dollar they can, and its smart to do so.

Nike doesn't owe you a loyalty discount. No other industry makes it standard practice to lower prices or even keep them the same over time. But, for some reason, people think the sneaker industry should be the exception and are so upset that its not.

Just because it hits your pocket harder and you don't like it doesn't mean its not good business
You are aware that there is not only one way to conduct business and gain a larger profit right? And we all know why Nike/JB and the rest of the main brands moved from making sneakers in Korea and Taiwan to China and Vietnam, cheep labor. To make a pair it comes down to a price between $20 (most of them, including pretty much all of the JB retros) and $50 (foams and some more expensive to make) and they want $170 + from us? Another thing I mentioned above, the quality of the materials, we had - Full grain leather, real Nubuk and Swede, and now we have - Hyperfuse (plastic) VacTech (plastic) Split Grain (the lowest possible quality leather), Durabuk (synthetic nubuk, in other words - plastic). So in these lines of thoughts we actually pay a lot more, I can't even imagine the prices they will charge us if the quality of the materials were the same as in the 90's... 

Last edited:
Interesting SN are still claiming $160 on these, guess we will have to wait till the following Sat to see.

:lol: exactly.

i remember a few years back when some dummy brought up nike raising prices due to inflation. then i brought up how they just retroed the pippen 2 and retail was 20 dollars below the og price... son didnt know what to say :lol:

nike is just testing how long they can bend us over backwards for and how much they can get out of it

Plus unlike other Jordans there's no research and development spending months designing a sneaker or advertising involved.

Other Nike retros aren't jumping $5 or $10 every year. They're staying somewhat in line with the OG price. Air Max 90's aren't going to cost $160.

This is happening to Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, KD and the foam lines for a reason...because they feel they can.

Last edited:
LOL @ dudes in here complaining about the 10$ price hike yet are still planning on buying. You're the exact reason why Nike does this kind of ish. If you tried having some self control or restraint, Nike would probably think twice before doing this sort of stuff but for some reason you just can't help yourselves. It makes zero sense to complain about them raising their prices when you're still going purchase them anyway. Fake complaining is not taking a stand; Speaking with your wallet is.

LOL @ dudes in here complaining about the 10$ price hike yet are still planning on buying. You're the exact reason why Nike does this kind of ish. If you tried having some self control or restraint, Nike would probably think twice before doing this sort of stuff but for some reason you just can't help yourselves. It makes zero sense to complain about them raising their prices when you're still going purchase them anyway. Fake complaining is not taking a stand; Speaking with your wallet is.

You need to realize a lot of the people who are complaining are the people who were collecting before the hype train pulled into the station. A lot of these new cats that just started are assuming these are the average prices since Nike is releasing Lebrons for $250.

2013 $250 for foams, 2010 $200
2013 $160 for retro 4s, 2006 $115

Nike is getting away with it because everything is selling out every weekend mostly to resellers. I blame social media for feeding this hype surrounding the brand after the Concords dropped. When the DMP's dropped in 2006 the hype for every shoe following that release was no where near the level it is today.

DBs where getting marked down at stores before the Concords in 2011 and now every release goes for half a grand from resellers.

You need to realize a lot of the people who are complaining are the people who were collecting before the hype train pulled into the station. A lot of these new cats that just started are assuming these are the average prices since Nike is releasing Lebrons for $250.

2013 $250 for foams, 2010 $200
2013 $160 for retro 4s, 2006 $115

Nike is getting away with it because everything is selling out every weekend mostly to resellers. I blame social media for feeding this hype surrounding the brand after the Concords dropped. When the DMP's dropped in 2006 the hype for every shoe following that release was no where near the level it is today.

DBs where getting marked down at stores before the Concords in 2011 and now every release goes for half a grand from resellers.

agreed 100%

lil off topic but i remember when pes were going for what 400-1000 maybe, now u see lebron pe 2000-upwards, it has gotten real ridiculous as of late.

that's why i stick to sniping auctions for great deals/stealsor getting as close to retail as possible

Idk i feel like not copping on cause the principle of things

Nike just tried to F me like its prostitution, i feel like im out on this release

if they changed it back then its $160

which is good news, would be a low down dirty move to change it to $160 then on release day you go to check out and its $170

A lot of websites are still saying they're 160.. Guess we will have to wait

Back
Top Bottom