[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
just got mine, overall i'm happy but this craftsmanship really makes you wonder about spending 170. that's borderline where I draw the line at this point. they look good it's just I don't see how missing sections of paint can make the cut. still happy I got a pair. @170 imma start thinking harder about what I pay for

The thing about qc is that not every pair of shoes are bing checked which a lot of people know by now. It's usually one pair out of say 500 or depends on how what the brands wants for qc. Sometimes you can't hold the brand responsible for what happens because they have a set amount of pairs they make and just ship it out. If anything people should complain to the retailers and the workers who should inspect the shoes to see if anything is wrong with them imo rather than putting all the blame on the brand

wut? are you saying a footlocker employee is more responsible for bad looking paint than the brand which should have every pair inspected imo

wut? are you saying a footlocker employee is more responsible for bad looking paint than the brand which should have every pair inspected imo
I see where you are comin from but what I am saying is that these things happen and people should know that not every pair of shoes a person does purchase will be perfect

I am sick of FNL shipping in uneccesarily bog boxes for 1 pair. They don't even use packaging material inside the box.
Yea, that box only had one pair in it. The one to the left is from finishline too tho. I figured they would've shipped in one box. This was my first order from tho cw since February, but I thought Imtgey did away with the branded boxes.

I see where you are comin from but what I am saying is that these things happen and people should know that not every pair of shoes a person does purchase will be perfect
I know I know it just feels a little discouraging when they tax you 10 dollars more and this happens with people's pairs. I mean 170 is venturing into uncharted territory imo the least they could do is control the quality a little better. but yeah this is nike so this is just wishful thinking
laugh.gif

Raise prices, use cheaper materials And make them seem limited ........They still will sell out and ppl will still get killed, shot and robbed for them.

Is it JB fought or ours for still buying??

Only issue I have is the uneven tongue at the top where the leather meets the inner liner. Kinda bugs me.

Last edited:
Got mine in just now.. Very pleased. Much better than the 2005's.. I remember my 2005's felt very cheap and the leather came pre-creased. I like the tumble leather on these and as someone stated, these are very light.

I know I know it just feels a little discouraging when they tax you 10 dollars more and this happens with people's pairs. I mean 170 is venturing into uncharted territory imo the least they could do is control the quality a little better. but yeah this is nike so this is just wishful thinking :lol:

Hey I'll let you into a little secret. Back in 94-98 I had several pairs of og Jordans with creases, poor paint jobs and other various quality issues.
Back them, collecting was nothing like it is today and the mistakes weren't well publicized on the internet. Nike always had issues and will continue to have them.
Problem is that people now post religiously about the problems. Considering the number of shoes produced, the the percentage of QC mistakes are actually quite low.
I have two pairs and they were point on as were most peoples. In my opinion, Jordan still has best QC out of any sneaker on the market.

I know I know it just feels a little discouraging when they tax you 10 dollars more and this happens with people's pairs. I mean 170 is venturing into uncharted territory imo the least they could do is control the quality a little better. but yeah this is nike so this is just wishful thinking :lol:

Hey I'll let you into a little secret. Back in 94-98 I had several pairs of og Jordans with creases, poor paint jobs and other various quality issues.
Back them, collecting was nothing like it is today and the mistakes weren't well publicized on the internet. Nike always had issues and will continue to have them.
Problem is that people now post religiously about the problems. Considering the number of shoes produced, the the percentage of QC mistakes are actually quite low.
I have two pairs and they were point on as were most peoples. In my opinion, Jordan still has best QC out of any sneaker on the market.

THIS.

I'm most def a "Pro OG" person, but OGs had quality control issues and inconsistencies as well, but the quality of the materials used (full-grain leather etc.) on the other hand...

Everyone should be like you... understand the situation but not complaining about it.  These looked pretty good to me.
if everyone was like him they would just keep increasing it until it hit 1k. not that they won't anyways, but if no one opposes it or complains, how does that help solve anything? yeah most of us who care about price can walk away, and i'm sure a fair amount will, but how much longer do you really want to send all of nike on endless vacations? it's obvious they put about a day's worth of work into each release/new cw. :smh:

i dont agree with the price increase which is why im done with this crap. $170 + tax now

this time next year it will be $180+tax

pushing almost $200 for fake leather and rubber? come on now. Like i said the pair from Finishline for my bro came out to $189. and some change. thats absurd not just for this shoe but any Jordan. I can understand paying that price for XI's since they are beloved even then we have to draw a line somewhere. its getting ridiculous now.

i dont agree with the price increase which is why im done with this crap. $170 + tax now

this time next year it will be $180+tax

pushing almost $200 for fake leather and rubber? come on now. Like i said the pair from Finishline for my bro came out to $189. and some change. thats absurd not just for this shoe but any Jordan. I can understand paying that price for XI's since they are beloved even then we have to draw a line somewhere. its getting ridiculous now.
i get the price increase, it's only logical from an inflation standpoint for it to happen over time... but i totally agree with everybody talking about the materials not being what they used to be.. i haven't received my pair of 10s yet (friday), but the leather they are using (nubuck has been alright) like on the 5s, 8s. etc have been payless shoes like... i'm a guy who doesn't mind creases, especially natural ones found on good leather.. the smell of good leather on a jordan is also something i truly miss. 

Jordan still has best QC out of any sneaker on the market.
Nah not true fam, guess you don't own any Reeboks.
 i get the price increase, it's only logical from an inflation standpoint for it to happen over time
Inflation has nothing to do with it, we were discussing that before many times. JB/Nike is a corporation with a strict business model, coming the end of the year and close to the actual financial end of the year, they are looking to increase their revenue so that the shareholders be happy with their nice profit. They don't really care if you like the quality or not, the hype they created is so high at the moment, they can continue with the low end materials and get even lower and the joints still going to fly off the shelves. And of course the common marketing excuse is the inflation, in which the majority of the people believe.  

Nah not true fam, guess you don't own any Reeboks.

Inflation has nothing to do with it, we were discussing that before many times. JB/Nike is a corporation with a strict business model, coming the end of the year and close to the actual financial end of the year, they are looking to increase their revenue so that the shareholders be happy with their nice profit. They don't really care if you like the quality or not, the hype they created is so high at the moment, they can continue with the low end materials and get even lower and the joints still going to fly off the shelves. And of course the common marketing excuse is the inflation, in which the majority of the people believe.  
FIrst off i agree with you on reeboks.. quality on questions and omni pumps have been rock solid.. 

Second, i get what your saying, but to say inflation has absolutely nothing to do with price increase is a bit of a stretch no? 

Think I gave the best possible explanation, the kicks are made in China, and if you know there is no inflation in China, to produce a pair costs exactly as much as last year, not to mention that most of the pairs sold now were produced at least 5-6 months a go.

Back
Top Bottom