[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am sick of FNL shipping in uneccesarily bog boxes for 1 pair. They don't even use packaging material inside the box.

You should have seen the box that could hold 3 pairs of shoes they used to ship me one pair of socks. When it came, I scratched my head trying to remember if I ordered a bunch of shoes. I open and its just one little pair of socks tossed in a huge box. Shipping department is definitely silly.

As for potential quality issues regarding this release, I thought this one was actually one of the better ones recently. All 5 pairs I received were pretty much spot on. Can't say the same for a few other releases this year. My Fire Red 5s has almost half the stitching missing on the 23 threading. Also had to take a razor blade to my fire red 3s to scrape red paint off of places it wasn't supposed to be.

Nah not true fam, guess you don't own any Reeboks.

Inflation has nothing to do with it, we were discussing that before many times. JB/Nike is a corporation with a strict business model, coming the end of the year and close to the actual financial end of the year, they are looking to increase their revenue so that the shareholders be happy with their nice profit. They don't really care if you like the quality or not, the hype they created is so high at the moment, they can continue with the low end materials and get even lower and the joints still going to fly off the shelves. And of course the common marketing excuse is the inflation, in which the majority of the people believe.  

Nah, its not inflation by traditional definition, its simply a company charging more because they know they can. I run a business and I do the same whenever possible. I'll never sell a product lower than what I think I can get for it. Inflation does exist and is very real. Its not as dramatic as being the sole reason for a $10 price increase from month to month. Its a more gradual thing that is better reflected over a more substantial time frame. But the mere fact Nike charged 170 for this release and they have another Jordan Retro release less than a month later for 160 (Laney) is also more proof inflation is not the deciding factor.

Think I gave the best possible explanation, the kicks are made in China, and if you know there is no inflation in China, to produce a pair costs exactly as much as last year, not to mention that most of the pairs sold now were produced at least 5-6 months a go.

Incorrect. Materials may cost exactly as much, but materials alone are not the only costs associated with producing shoes. Overhead costs that aren't materials that are used in the production of a shoe also plays a part as its a cost.

I'm also pretty sure China is not the exception when it comes to overall economy. If the value of the currency in that economy (dollar in U.S.) decreases, its buying power decreases. Which means the amount of money needed to buy a product or service rises which causes your money to have less purchasing power. It happens in any economy, China isn't perfect.

Also, it doesn't matter if the shoes were produced 10 years ago when production costs were definitely lower. Prices are set based on current material costs or projected costs. This is the same reason Gas prices change daily. They aren't charging you what they paid for the oil last week, they charge you based on what the current going price for it is. Not sure why the shoe industry should expected to be any different.

Last edited:
... another Jordan Retro release less than a month later for 160 (Laney)...
Don't what to get in the argument with you again, and not sure what kinda business you are running, but I am working in the last 15-20 years in large corporations and have masters in finances, so better try to convince someone else in that inflation theory. And now we compare with the gas prices, that has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Oh and not to forget, Laney's are $170.

That is just sad...

Dudes have silly arguments typing a lot of words defending Nike and JB

Why is it New Balance, Adidas and Reebok can produce retros for the same price or in line with when the sneakers were previously released. Hell, some of New Balance releases are made in the USA and England, where workers aren't making 10 cents an hour.

They don't have inflation?

Inflation rose $10 between 2013 and 2014? Come on now.

They're raising prices because they can, plain and simple.

Last edited:
Exactly, I just didn't want go further and keep arguing over the same thing over, and over. Not to mention the materials some of those brands use are straight from the 90's and not that BS JB is serving. 

Hey I'll let you into a little secret. Back in 94-98 I had several pairs of og Jordans with creases, poor paint jobs and other various quality issues.
Back them, collecting was nothing like it is today and the mistakes weren't well publicized on the internet. Nike always had issues and will continue to have them.
Problem is that people now post religiously about the problems. Considering the number of shoes produced, the the percentage of QC mistakes are actually quite low.
I have two pairs and they were point on as were most peoples. In my opinion, Jordan still has best QC out of any sneaker on the market.
it's not a secret. I know this.... point is, they want to charge us 200 dollars within the next 3 years or so. that I can't accept

Don't what to get in the argument with you again, and not sure what kinda business you are running, but I am working in the last 15-20 years in large corporations and have masters in finances, so better try to convince someone else in that inflation theory. And now we compare with the gas prices, that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Oh and not to forget, Laney's are $170.

That is just sad...

mean.gif
  did the man really have to shoot him cause he couldn't rip him off for $250?
mean.gif
  also, how you gonna be dumb enough to let someone try them on at a gas station, BOTH of them i'm assuming.... and then shoot his ***? you deserve to be out $170 if you that stupid
indifferent.gif

Dudes have silly arguments typing a lot of words defending Nike and JB

Why is it New Balance, Adidas and Reebok can produce retros for the same price or in line with when the sneakers were previously released. Hell, some of New Balance releases are made in the USA and England, where workers aren't making 10 cents an hour.

They don't have inflation?

Inflation rose $10 between 2013 and 2014? Come on now.

They're raising prices because they can, plain and simple.

Nailed it. Retail price isn't based on cost of goods...It's based on selling product for as much as possible. Nike, a public company, is only responsible for making shareholders happy...which means being as profitable as possible. Has nothing to do with cost to produce goods.

If NB/Reebok/Adidas could sell shoes for as much as Nike does, they would. Business 101.

Last edited:
Mines came in yesterday. Very clean right out the box. Was kinda disappointed that the tumble leather wasn't as soft as the tumble leather on the chi X's that came out in 2012. But still fresh regardless. Glad im stepping away from buying kicks next year with all of these price hikes.

Still funny to me when I order my 2 pair from overseas on Monday afternoon and 1 came yesterday and the people that ordered in the US still havent received their pairs yet. No issues with the shoe. A few more J's to scratch off the list for me and im retired.

That is just sad...

[/quote]

b4 watching a sec of this vid i knew it was atl :smh:

jb/nike doesnt care..they prop see this as pr

Still funny to me when I order my 2 pair from overseas on Monday afternoon and 1 came yesterday and the people that ordered in the US still havent received their pairs yet. No issues with the shoe. A few more J's to scratch off the list for me and im retired.

I get stuff from Size? and End before I get stuff from Nike even when the orders are placed on the same day...makes no sense to me, either.

mine arrived as well, just a great shoe!

I also got the X shorts in the black version and the silver one, I must say Jordan makes some really nice complementing shorts to their releases at the moment!

E.G. XII Taxis, XI Gammas and the X Steels!

Back
Top Bottom