Air Jordan Retro XII French Blue - April 2016 NO BUYING, SELLING, OR TRADING

Just wondering, but what's to stop stores from just saying "F it" and releasing these like today (or whenever they want)? I mean, if a mom n pop (or even a mall store w/ limited backroom space) received their shipment of these w/ an original scheduled release date of 3/26, the boxes are taking up a ton of space while they're receiving the rest of their other regularly-scheduled shipments.

So what's stopping shops from just raffling them off & selling them now to get them outta the way?

I would assume they would be risking losing their JB account if that was the case.

Last edited:
Just wondering, but what's to stop stores from just saying "F it" and releasing these like today (or whenever they want)? I mean, if a mom n pop (or even a mall store w/ limited backroom space) received their shipment of these w/ an original scheduled release date of 3/26, the boxes are taking up a ton of space while they're receiving the rest of their other regularly-scheduled shipments.

So what's stopping shops from just raffling them off & selling them now to get them outta the way?

JB will notify their corporate with any date changes. By failing to following simple direction they would be penalized. Sort of like how Footlocker was around 06 and they missed out on every big release for a period.

JB will notify their corporate with any date changes. By failing to following simple direction they would be penalized. Sort of like how Footlocker was around 06 and they missed out on every big release for a period.
So what do you think about the idea of some stores releasing the shoe one date and some releasing another date? That's what it seems like is going to happen with this release (Nike and Foot Locker (also sister stores/sites) releasing the 2nd and Villa and Finish Line releasing the 9th.

I would assume they would be risking losing their JB account if that was the case.

Gotcha. Seems extreme to pull the acct from someplace just for not agreeing to get strung along for weeks *presumably* without explanation. Gotta be frustrating for mom n pops, especially.

^ I believe Nike suspended one of DTLR's accounts for bit. I don't remember what for, but if I can remember correctly, it was for about 6 months. Memory is a little vague.

But to not go astray, I keep going back-and-forth on deciding to cop or not :\

Last edited:
Gotcha. Seems extreme to pull the acct from someplace just for not agreeing to get strung along for weeks *presumably* without explanation. Gotta be frustrating for mom n pops, especially.
[quote
String along? How so? And I'm not sure many "mom and pop" shops are churning out deliveries and orders and sales to have constant shipments.

Last edited:

Same rules don't apply for mom & pop shops. I think they are able to still sell early. Boutiques are allowed to mark up. Different tier accounts follow different regulations.

So what do you think about the idea of some stores releasing the shoe one date and some releasing another date? That's what it seems like is going to happen with this release (Nike and Foot Locker (also sister stores/sites) releasing the 2nd and Villa and Finish Line releasing the 9th.

Honestly couldnt tell you why some may have different dates. I've seen stores do that plenty of times. But they still have to follow the dates given from a higher command.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the 2nd of April.  I can't see Jordan dropping these, the copper 17s, and the pinnacle 4's all in one day.  $190, $250, and $400 in one day?  Not happening...

I'm thinking the 2nd of April.  I can't see Jordan dropping these, the copper 17s, and the pinnacle 4's all in one day.  $190, $250, and $400 in one day?  Not happening...
I think my local FTL's are doing raffles on Monday and Tuesday, I called like 3-4 local ones and they expect to drop them on 4/2.

All spots are raffles.

They probably don't want to do this again anytime soon... So many people around my area saying F the chase..

Back
Top Bottom